Kuumba Made Amber Paste

on 7/9/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Holy crap. I love this.
(I am no connoisseur, but I do have a modest wardrobe that includes some pricy fragrances in the $200+ category. I love a good perfume... especially something slightly dirty, sensual, earthy.

I was actually blown away by this $10 bottle of sticky, brown liquid. The specific formulation isn't published. It's got woods, (I think Sandalwood, maybe, or cedar, and/or patchouli), plenty of sweet benzoin, vanilla, and it's well balanced. To me, it's perfect. It's just sexy as hell; spicy, sweet and earthy, (dirty vanilla as one reviewer elsewhere noted).

This stuff lasts for like 12 hours. Seriously. 12. And a little dab'll do ya.
Traveling? Need to pack lite? This bottle it teensy.

The versatility is special. Summer outings? Lounging on the water? Sweaty dancing at a beach club? Heat intensifies this sexy potion. A drop or two divided between wrists and behind ears, or between breasts if you've got them, and you're literally good to go all day, (or night).
It's perfect for sweater weather too. Warm, cozy, and so natural-feeling.

The smallest bottle, which could easily last 6 months, is 10 dollars. If you like these kinds of scents, there is no way to lose with a blind buy. I own a bottle of Noir Pour Femme and this is almost a dupe. But it lasts longer.

I'll have this as long as they make it. After delving deeper into the expensive fragrance rabbit hole, this cheap bottle of brown goo is a breath of fresh air. I feel like I've found treasure.

I'm laughing, (and let's be honest, crying a little too), at the FB of Chanel Gardenia I just bought that fades away 30 minutes after I've sprayed it.

* The only drawback I can see, for some people, is that this is a sweeter amber formulation. It's just a bit gourmand. I wouldn't mind a bit more woods in the formula, but whatever. It's not stopping me from wanting to own as much as I can.

Very pretty, long lasting, good quality amber at a reasonable price

on 12/3/2016 8:44:00 PM

I can't get enough of this amber paste!

I put the tiniest dab of the paste on my fingertip, rub it on another finger, and then apply it to my pulse points. This stuff is sticky and STRONG. I've put a bit too much on before and someone said I smelled like a walking incense stick (not the worst thing, but some people aren't into it).

Applied lightly this paste envelops the wearer in a cloud of sweet warmth. It's hard to describe other than that it's very inviting and pleasant. The paste IS sweet, but not overbearingly so. It has a vanillic quality that borders on being foody, but the resinous notes with a hint of patchouli keep it grounded. I've had friends hug me and hold on as they try to get a better sniff. It raises eyebrows in a very good way. Seems to be loved by all and frequently regarded as sexy!

This is my signature and staple. If ever they discontinued it I think I'd empty my bank account buying as many backup bottles as possible!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am NEVER without a vial of this.
It's rich, syrupy, spicy and dark, it has the texture of black strap molasses and it has the most tantric lasting power.

Hot or cold, rain or shine, windy or calm, Amber Paste never disappoints.

I had an issue with their plastic caps because in extreme heat, the threads inside the screw cap would get smoothed out and cause the vial to leak, but now it's a metal cap: problem gone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this stuff. It's cheap and found at Whole Foods or Sprouts. I bought mine on Amazon as well. The Kuumba Made website also carries larger size bottles. It is pretty strong a little goes a long way. It's thick so I just make sure to rub it in thoroughly. This lasts a long time, I can usually smell it after 24 hours. It's sweet and slightly sugary yet smokey with a touch of woods. I swear it dries down and smells faintly of patchouli. This is very cozy and warm and I love it. I was looking for an all natural perfume that worked well with my body chemistry and this is wonderful.

on 11/9/2013 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

had lunch with a new friend & i kept smelling .....something. its smelled like a woodsy black licorice and it was making me crazy.

finally i realized it was her.....

it is such a unique scent.

i had to have it & bought it the next day.

sticky at first.... very long lasting.

hubby said "u smell like a hippie" ....... i dont agree.

on 9/19/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is basically labdanum paste with a bit of carrier and smells just as divine - just a few dabs will warm up on the skin and last all day. Perfectly warm, resinous and a touch musky.

Just goes to show that you don't have to spend much to smell VERY good. It's also a great "gateway" or introductory product that might lead to more refined and expensive amber compositions like Lutens' Ambre Sultan, Ford's Amber Absolute or Labo's Labdanum.

on 5/27/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a very sweet and resinous scent. Smells mysterious. Every time I wear this, I picture the woods on a fall day and roasting marshmallows near a cozy fire.

This is a very thick oil, so it comes with a little applicator stick instead of the usual roller ball. You only need a couple drops and the scent lasts all day and night. I think this would smell fantastic mixed with vanilla oil or lotion.

Oh! And men love this! Every time I wear this, my husband wants to nuzzle near my neck. And men are always asking me what I am wearing or sniffing the air around me in a puzzled yet pleasant dreamy way. LOL. Funny thing, I never get complimented on my higher end perfumes. This is also such an affordable price considering that you only need a couple drops.

on 10/17/2011 7:44:00 PM

My first impression: "oh, what a horrible stinky stuff!!!!" But 5 minutes later I fell in love with it! So sexy hot and really addictive. My only question is, does anyone know how to dilute this sticky paste??? :( Anyway, I would purchase it again and make sure it never runs out...

on 8/19/2011 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Definately a HG amber for the winter - though i use in the summer as it is so irresistable more so in the evening!

My next fav is Auric Blends Amber which is more dilute in comparison but this also lasts all day on my skin. Whilst this is easier to apply, the Amber Paste is viscous and limited to a small area on the skin unless diluted.

To me Amber Paste is very spicy gingery clovey hot fragrance! It smells hot - temparature wise if that makes sense (as well as sexy hot)!

One day my mum used a dab and the man at the grocery shop looked amazed with his eyes wide open as though he smelt something divine and was on cloud 9! I witnessed all this whilst waiting outside in the car. Since then mum is addicted to it and finally understands my perfume obsession lol!!!!

Amber paste on my skin is a concentrated version of Auric Blends Amber on my skin.

Update: 27th July 2012
I am still in love with this beauty!! Smells divine when layered with KM Arabian Sandalwood and also with Samsara.

Popular Fragrances