Kuumba Made Amber Paste

Kuumba Made Amber Paste

4.5

labdanum resin

on 1/25/2010 3:30:00 AM

This is deep rich and resiny, with a piney undertone. It could be sexy on the right person in the right circumstance but it's not me.

Eyes: Violet

OK -- the HONEST truth is the following: This is a very nice amber fragrance. I've been wearing amber for many, many years, and I assure you that I'm very well versed in the world of amber. This Amber Paste is a linear, pleasant scent. To compare it to a multi- layer, multi-textured creation of Serge Lutens is to reveal that you know not of what you speak. Ambre Sultan, for example, is a complex masterpiece -- to attempt to draw a comparison with Amber Paste is to discredit your review completely. This is NICE, but is doesn't have the depth and richness of Attar Bazaar's "Persian Amber," but for the price, you can't get hurt.

on 8/20/2010 3:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is one of the best ambers I have ever smelled--and I've smelled Montales, Ambre Precieux, and other expensive niche scents! Amber Paste is very resinous and sweet, but also dry at the same time. It smells exotic, rooty, and pure. I absolutely love the scent. However, the very thick consistency of the oil/paste completely grosses me out and takes forever to dry on my skin, so I never really use it. If this came in spray form, it would be an HG for sure.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It's very hot right now, and I can not imagine wearing amber paste. When the leaves begin to change color, and the air smells like crisp coolness and fireplace smoke; I reach for Amber paste. This scent epitomizes autumn! It's sensual, dark, mysterious, rich, and complex. The cold air brings out the best in this scent. The first adjective that pops into my head when I think of Kuumba Made Amber Paste is "Sexy!" In warmer weather, I think this scent would be too heavy. My advice - try this as a fall or winter scent. A little dab is all that you need and it really seems to have excellent sillage.

on 7/7/2014 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Unlike the other heavily synthetic fragrances in the Kuumba Made line, their Amber Paste smells quite natural. With labdanum, vanilla, and a touch of patchouli, the effect is woody, sweet, ambery, and mellow. The resinous notes are mixed with just enough vanilla to create a cozy, warm effect without being foody or too sugary. The little bit of patchouli in the base gives a bit of smoke and depth to the blend but doesn't veer into hippie territory. Overall it's a very pleasing, easy to wear amber that's a steal at around $10. If you're looking for a sweet, vanillic amber with a touch of patchouli, do give it a try.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

People always ask me what I am wearing whenever I spritz this fragrance. It is musky and heady but not masculine. It is definitely a night frangrance in my opinion but you may wear it in the day time if you have the persona to pull it off. I love it and had to buy a new one bc my little cousin came from Canada a took it back with her! Oh well, now I have an excuse to pamper myself with a brand new bottle.Hide your husbands ladies ;)

on 1/28/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is SUCH a nice amber scent. Soft, smoky and mysterious. Usually Kuumba Made oils come with a roller ball, but because this is so thick, it has a glass wand. One thick drop is enough to cover most pulse points. It's nice on its own, or blended with other fragrances. The other day I wore it with Bond I Love NY For All. Very good value for Amber lovers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mmmmm. Yummy. Smells like campfire. Hot roasty goodness. Mixes well with sandalwoods and vanillas. I'm new to amber. Don't care for patchouli, smells like rotting dirt. This is different, still equally potent, but not quite as "dirty".

on 1/23/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a thick, gluey syrup that goes on sticky and smells unbelievable, like raw hunks of perfumer's amber. It is rich, sweet, and heavy, like some impossibly delicious dessert that you can only eat a bite of before it's decadence overload. It has a lot of throw for an oil, or, er... paste, and lasts through a work day. Sinful and dreamy.

on 1/9/2009 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually didn't, and wouldn't, purchase this, but only because I don't think it works well on me. I think it's a well done amber and if you are an amber junkie I would suggest it. I think it smelled better in the bottle than on my skin. From the bottle it was warm and almost caramel-y. My skin tends to amplify any woody/spicy notes and ambers tend to give me headaches this way because it feels like the scent is clawing its way up my nostrils even when I'm not actively sniffing near where I applied it.

Anyways, the lasting power of this paste is excellent, 8 hours easily from just a couple dabs.

Popular Fragrances