Kuumba Made Amber Paste

on 7/9/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Holy crap. I love this.
(I am no connoisseur, but I do have a modest wardrobe that includes some pricy fragrances in the $200+ category. I love a good perfume... especially something slightly dirty, sensual, earthy.

I was actually blown away by this $10 bottle of sticky, brown liquid. The specific formulation isn't published. It's got woods, (I think Sandalwood, maybe, or cedar, and/or patchouli), plenty of sweet benzoin, vanilla, and it's well balanced. To me, it's perfect. It's just sexy as hell; spicy, sweet and earthy, (dirty vanilla as one reviewer elsewhere noted).

This stuff lasts for like 12 hours. Seriously. 12. And a little dab'll do ya.
Traveling? Need to pack lite? This bottle it teensy.

The versatility is special. Summer outings? Lounging on the water? Sweaty dancing at a beach club? Heat intensifies this sexy potion. A drop or two divided between wrists and behind ears, or between breasts if you've got them, and you're literally good to go all day, (or night).
It's perfect for sweater weather too. Warm, cozy, and so natural-feeling.

The smallest bottle, which could easily last 6 months, is 10 dollars. If you like these kinds of scents, there is no way to lose with a blind buy. I own a bottle of Noir Pour Femme and this is almost a dupe. But it lasts longer.

I'll have this as long as they make it. After delving deeper into the expensive fragrance rabbit hole, this cheap bottle of brown goo is a breath of fresh air. I feel like I've found treasure.

I'm laughing, (and let's be honest, crying a little too), at the FB of Chanel Gardenia I just bought that fades away 30 minutes after I've sprayed it.

* The only drawback I can see, for some people, is that this is a sweeter amber formulation. It's just a bit gourmand. I wouldn't mind a bit more woods in the formula, but whatever. It's not stopping me from wanting to own as much as I can.

Very pretty, long lasting, good quality amber at a reasonable price

on 1/28/2014 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is SUCH a nice amber scent. Soft, smoky and mysterious. Usually Kuumba Made oils come with a roller ball, but because this is so thick, it has a glass wand. One thick drop is enough to cover most pulse points. It's nice on its own, or blended with other fragrances. The other day I wore it with Bond I Love NY For All. Very good value for Amber lovers.

on 9/19/2013 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is basically labdanum paste with a bit of carrier and smells just as divine - just a few dabs will warm up on the skin and last all day. Perfectly warm, resinous and a touch musky.

Just goes to show that you don't have to spend much to smell VERY good. It's also a great "gateway" or introductory product that might lead to more refined and expensive amber compositions like Lutens' Ambre Sultan, Ford's Amber Absolute or Labo's Labdanum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Mmmmm. Yummy. Smells like campfire. Hot roasty goodness. Mixes well with sandalwoods and vanillas. I'm new to amber. Don't care for patchouli, smells like rotting dirt. This is different, still equally potent, but not quite as "dirty".

Popular Fragrances