Kevyn Aucoin Eye Essentials #4

No Image

I had been scouring the net "researching" KA makeup and finally took the 1.5 hour drive to the nearest counter so I could see the products in person...and the only question I ask myself now: "why did I wait so long to try KA????"

I pretty much only use chanel so I was hesitant to branch out but lately I have been semi disappointed in chanel's quality, etc.
I wanted to purchase Kevyn's palette #3 but it was sold out everywhere. So, I ended up buying palette #4 (also bought #5 but will review that later)

First let me say that the colors in this palette go together so well that I could probably put these on in the dark and still be ok :) To my eye the colors are: a beigey-vanilla color; a white that has a slight violet tinge to it; a beautiful tan-ish, camel brown; a shimmery black and a shimmery olive. You can definitely get a lot of looks out of this palette. the two lighter colors look good as cheek highlighters also.

The one thing that really impressed me is that I can wear these shadows w/o an e/s base!!! *gasp* - I wouldn't have believed it but it's true! I always wear a MAC paint as a base and just got sick of having to do the extra step - but my chanel e/s would always crease or fade. Not so with Kevyn Aucoin though - so I am thrilled that the colors stay true and don't fade...AT ALL!

ME: NW25/chanel shell/black hair

on 5/9/2007 8:12:00 PM

Better than BB for deep neutrals!!!! The first time I can say that. This has 5 all wearable colors - white shimmer, gold/champagne shimmer, deep olive/bronze shimmer, sable brown & black. I like that the two light colors are distinctly different - they don't both look like chalk on !

Great for travel, smoky eyes in brown, black or deep green/bronze, or liner/highlight looks too. Too expensive, but way more wearable than a Chanel or Dior eye palette for the same price. Price is why I gave it a 3.

Popular Eye Shadows