Alima Mother's Day Gift Set 2007

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 5/15/2007 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I ordered this set on a whim, because I was feeling down. I couldn't be more happy that I did so now, because I love it.

The brush, like all of Alima's brushes, is amazing. Much softer than any of my other brushes, and just the right shape to apply blush. It instantly became one of my favorite brushes. I hope they make it permanent, so the girls who didn't get to order the set can get one.

Like the other reviewers, I wanted the blushes (and indeed, the set) for Persephone. It looks a lot like EM Siesta, which is my favorite blush, but with a touch of shimmer. What I didn't expect was that I like Demeter almost as much. It's a very neutral pink, with more shimmer than Persephone, and looks very natural on me. I usually can't wear pinks at all, so I imagine that as the previous reviewer said, it would work for almost anyone.

I haven't yet used the cloth, but it feels almost too soft to be able to do anything. But hey, even if it doesn't, that's not what I bought the set for, and the two blushes and brush alone were worth the price.

Would repurchase, or better put in the case of this, I'll be looking forward to further LE sets from Alima.

I agree with the previous reviewer--- this is a wonderful set! Like the previous reviewer, one of my main reasons for buying this set was the Persephone peachy colored blush. It's a beautiful color and shows up on my PPP skin as a true peach, however, like the previous reviewer noted it's not very shimmery--- it's actually almost matte! I prefer shimmery blushes, so I mixed some Persephone blush in an empty sifter jar with some of Alima's very shimmery Sugar Rose blush and voila, I got the peachy pink shimmery blush of my dreams! The Demeter blush is very beautiful as well--- it's a neutral beigy pink that I think would suit almost all skintones. However, in my opinion, the real reason to buy this gift set is for the limited edition blush brush. I mean, WOW, this brush is awesome! If you are familiar with Alima's brushes you know they feel like pure silk on your face, and this one of no exception. This brush is also very fluffy and perfectly shaped to give you a beautiful flush of color every time. This Mother's Day collection probably won't be around for much longer, so nab one while you can, ladies!

on 5/9/2007 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I bought this Gift Set for myself for two reasons: the blush brush, and the blush Persphone. The set actually comes with a microdermabrasion cloth, two limited edition blushes, Persephone and Demeter, and the limited edition blush brush.

The microdermabrasion cloth is supersoft, and wrapped beautifully. I actually have a few microdermabrasion cloths (they were well, btw), but none as soft as this one. I'm not sure yet if it is effective as the other ones that I have, but I will update later.

Persephone is described as a slightly shimmery apricot shade. I was super exicted about this, because I love the Alima apricot blush, but I only wished that it was shimmery. I thought this would solve my problem. I was wrong. Actually, it is a very beautiful shade, but not really apricot, and not really shimmery. It is more of a light pink with a little bit of apricot, and VERY SLIGHT shimmer, that it comes off pretty much completely matte. The color still shows up on my G4/G5 skin, however, so it's not too light. I just wish there was more shimmer.

Demeter is described as earthy pink shimmer blush. It's gorgeous. It's very similar to peony, but I think slightly lighter, and just looks cute. Looks gorgeous against my skin.. A definite keeper. Very subtle though against my skin, which is a 40%G4, 40%G5 and 20%O3 mix; so anyone darker than I am might have a hard time getting this to show up.

The blush brush, I describe in a different review. But it's an excellent brush. Everything I was looking for. Overall a great set. I would totally buy this again, if not just for the blush brush!