Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.2

on 2/17/2013 6:55:00 AM

Horrible, horrible colour when applied. I look as if I applied a carrotcake on my face, colourwise. Total fake colour. Why don't they make it transparant? Threw it in the bin right away. Nice coconutsmell though..

on 7/27/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I recently gave up tanning in beds and have been on the search for a decent self-tanner to make up for the days that I'm unable to make it to a VersaSpa. This has by far been my favorite! The color is perfect for someone with a base tan, but I would be hesitant to recommend it to those who are pale as it may turn you orange. The packaging is decent and for the price, I'm happy with the amount of product I receive. And the smell! This product seriously smells exactly like a tanning bed, which for me is a gigantic plus (I really miss tanning, okay?).

My only problem with this self-tanner is the consistency, which can be both an advantage and nuisance at times. The lotion itself is very, very, very runny. This is great for spreading it along your body and making sure you get every spot tanned. It's not great when you pour out too much at once because it won't hesitate to spill out of the package at any chance it gets. This isn't a huge issue if you're careful with applying the tanner, so just be sure to exercise caution.

And on my last note, if anyone has any issues with streaking, I've found that applying the self-tanner and rubbing a moisturizer over it before it's had the chance to dry really helps to smooth and even the color out. Love it!

on 9/6/2011 2:37:00 AM

I really like this product. I am a fair, olive skinned person who tans easily. I love the color (bronzing) that is in this product to give you immediate color while you wait for the tanner. It makes your skin shimmer and a very pretty color not orange for me. I first rub lotion on my hands before I start applying. I also use about a quarter size dab, gently rub my palms together before I start applying and I do not have streaking. You do need to work a little fast because if your skin is dry it can absorb the water right out of a product like this and it dries before you are done. If you have streaking I would recommend applying just a very tiny bit of lotion on your skin before you apply the tanner.

I have not noticed any of the horrible self tanner smell that other products have. I also do not find the fragrance offensive or strong and I am smell sensitive. The self tanner in the product is not extremely strong - it does apply a little color but don't expect to go much darker than one shade in your skin. I think it works best if you have a light tan base and want to maintain that color. I doubt there is any bronzing agent out there that would never rub off a little. I make sure it dries completely before I dress. There have been times I have even put on a small coat of lotion after it had dried and I have not have any major mishaps. A little pricey, but I like all Too Faced products.

on 3/20/2009 11:39:00 AM

I just used this a few hours ago and I had got a sample from Sephora a few days ago, the smell of this to me is great but I can understand why some people wouldn't. I absolutely LOVE the color results with this but I have major streaking and I don't know why, I exfoliated, put some lotion on and waited until it dried then I put this on, I couldn't seem to get it rubbed in really good, the bottom of my legs are so streaky, the rest of them look pretty good, my feet are a mess and I really didn't put much on. I don't know if the product is old and was on the shelf at sephora, it just didn't blend in good, I am considering getting a fresh sample and trying again but not sure.

on 9/3/2008 11:26:00 AM

I purchased this product months ago and to me its a must! No streaking no orange a nice golden shimmer! It really is awesome but I have to agree with everyone the smell is terrible!! It really does linger! and when i wear it, it seems like thats all i can smell!! Its one of those frangrances that gets stuck in your nose!! But I always use it when I am going out when my legs or arms need some color..... The color is perfect! Just put it on like an hour or two before you go out and the smell will fade enough that your perfume will cover it somewhat....

I cannot stand the smell of this stuff! It seems nice at first but once you've slathered it all over, the smell is overpowering. I thought the color came out pretty good but I just couldn't stand the smell. I tried it again on just my arms but had to wash it off because the smell was making me nauseous! I can now add this to the pile of self tanners that I hate.

i just bought this today. and the only reason i gave it four out of five is because i dont know how the color will come out yet. but so far i LOVE it! it leaves you with a shimmery bronze glow and it smells good.

This stuff is great. Hands down!!

Sorry but I guess I am in the minority here, i didn't like this stuff at all. The color wasn't really bad or anything but nothing special and I really DID NOT LIKE the smell of this. A lot on here love it but I could smell the self tanner right away and my husband even said i smelled funky and asked what I used. Right before I bought this though, I tried the Sephora brand new spray in the can tanner and it is wonderful. gave me such a beautiful color and the smell is good, could lightly smell the self tanner, but not much. I will stick with the Sephora brand as it is only $12.00 like half the price of this. I too the Too Faced back to Sephora and will be investing in more Sephora spray self tanner, love that stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What does everyone hate about self-tanners? They turn you orange, they streak, and they smell awful. Tanning Bed in a Tube does NONE of that! The pina colada scent has been mentioned - while it is not my favorite smell in the world, it is pleasant and certainly beats the pants off the standard self-tanner smell. Also, as it is a gradual self-tanner, no streaks! And best of all is the color - a decidedy non-orange golden glow. When the stuff comes out of the bottle it looks like a shimmery rosy peach color, and on my skin looks bronzed but natural. I have medium skin that takes color well - as this is a gradual self-tanner the color payoff is not huge for me (might be more on the fair-skinned), but I prefer that anyway to a more drastic color that I'll probably streak during application. It also contains a golden shimmer, which really does make your skin look "lit from within" (think Jennifer Lopez in her heyday) but isn't over-the-top sparkly. It is also a very moisturizing lotion, my skin feels really smooth and soft after applying. I love that applying this is not a chore like self-tanners can be! I haven't had problems with it transferring to my clothes, but I'm very careful to let it dry (aka hang out naked) for 10-15 minutes before getting dressed. I still wouldn't wear it with valuable or hard-to-clean clothes though, just in case. At $22.50 a bottle, it's kinda pricey but not as bad as some of the high-end brands. During application, the tube can get slippery and is easy to drop, so I have to be careful with that. This is really good stuff though, I'm on my second tube already, and I use it just about every other day (I like a subtle color, if you want to be really dark this stuff may not do that for you). I only wish Too Faced made a facial version!
UPDATE: Ok, I found some of this on the inside of my bra the other day - so yes, it can transfer. However, it washed right out!