Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.3

on 1/26/2009 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well..what can i say about this product.....I really like the instant colour you get from the bronzer. However if you don't like shimmer at all, this product is NOT for you. I'm surprised with the other remarks about the scent, because I absolutly LOVE the smell of this product! The smell reminds me of summer, the beach, coconuts... mmm.. love it. Anyway....for instant bronzed look, use this. However, for long-term results, I wouldn't recommenf the self-tanner in this product. It's just not strong enough. But great instant Bronzer! In my opinion, this product is best used in the summer when you already have a base tan and just need a glow or pick me up!

The smell of this was horrible... I only used this once... and once was enough... I didnt really get to see if it worked or not cuz I had to wipe it off since the smell was so bad... I wont be re-purchasing.

on 12/15/2008 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have to be the bad girl here with Tanning Bed in a Tube, but I have to write a bad review. I used this over the summer, as an alternative to me giving up the tanning bed. It's been four months now! ;)
Anyway, I bought this off a friend and she praised it highly. I have used many gradual self tanners and self tanners over the years, high and low end and I feel like I've seen them all. That atrocious smell of DHA is in Tanning Bed in a Tube, it seems like no matter what, that smell will always be present in self tanners. The lotion itself is supposed to be tropical, like pina colada. It's very strong and even hours after application, I could still smell it. In addition to the gradual bronzing properties of Tanning Bed in a Tube, there is also a temporary, instant shimmery bronzer. That is what I had the most problem with.
I would always apply this stuff out of the shower and walk around in a towel or robe until it was time to get ready. Hours later, this stuff would come off on my clothes, EWWW. I ruined quite a few nice tank tops over the summer thanks to this stuff. The color I did get from this lotion was nothing to write home about, half orange and half brown. Even though this product is supposed to have gradual self tanners in it that darken you over time, I never saw it. In the morning when I would shower, it seemed like all of the color would just come right off and I never actually built color. I would use it everyday as well.
For the price, this stuff isn't worth it. I'm glad other people out there like it, but I'm not one of them.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i love that product it gave me a lovely tan and glow i have the face tanner i got a darker complexion within 2 weeks my skin is super sensitive it didnt break out ill buy it again lol

I love this self tanner! Out of all the self tanners that I have tried that have fragrances, this one is the best! It has a nice, sweet smell that doesn't turn into a gross chemical smell later on in the day. This gave my skin a nice shimmery bronze glow. I wouldn't use it on my face though.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What does everyone hate about self-tanners? They turn you orange, they streak, and they smell awful. Tanning Bed in a Tube does NONE of that! The pina colada scent has been mentioned - while it is not my favorite smell in the world, it is pleasant and certainly beats the pants off the standard self-tanner smell. Also, as it is a gradual self-tanner, no streaks! And best of all is the color - a decidedy non-orange golden glow. When the stuff comes out of the bottle it looks like a shimmery rosy peach color, and on my skin looks bronzed but natural. I have medium skin that takes color well - as this is a gradual self-tanner the color payoff is not huge for me (might be more on the fair-skinned), but I prefer that anyway to a more drastic color that I'll probably streak during application. It also contains a golden shimmer, which really does make your skin look "lit from within" (think Jennifer Lopez in her heyday) but isn't over-the-top sparkly. It is also a very moisturizing lotion, my skin feels really smooth and soft after applying. I love that applying this is not a chore like self-tanners can be! I haven't had problems with it transferring to my clothes, but I'm very careful to let it dry (aka hang out naked) for 10-15 minutes before getting dressed. I still wouldn't wear it with valuable or hard-to-clean clothes though, just in case. At $22.50 a bottle, it's kinda pricey but not as bad as some of the high-end brands. During application, the tube can get slippery and is easy to drop, so I have to be careful with that. This is really good stuff though, I'm on my second tube already, and I use it just about every other day (I like a subtle color, if you want to be really dark this stuff may not do that for you). I only wish Too Faced made a facial version!
UPDATE: Ok, I found some of this on the inside of my bra the other day - so yes, it can transfer. However, it washed right out!