Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.8

on 6/27/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The saving grace of this product is definitely the refreshing scent, something you don't usually get with other tanners. While I did like the pretty shimmer it gave me, it often left me a little streakier than other lotions I've used. I know it says it's a gradual tanning lotion, but I didn't notice it having the same daily darkening effect as other cheaper versions that do the same thing, like Jergens or Dove. If the price was cheaper I might buy it again, but until then I feel like there are other products out there that really give me the bronzing effect I desire.

on 7/20/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great for instant color - but it doesn't really build a tan like some other products out there. It has a pineapple scent that masks the bronzing smell which is nice - and you can see where you've put it which is always a plus for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an early review: I was about to put this up for swap (it's my sister's, but she hasn't been using it much anymore) but I decided to use it once to see if I even like it. For reference this is $22.50 at Sephora. Since it's the beginning of summer, & I do NOT tan outside, it's self-tanner time for me!

My Routine before using ANY Self-Tanner:
I exfoliated before I took a shower; I exfoliate on partially dry skin with a little water: I find this to be more effective (girls exfoliating is major for not getting streaks & to have a longer lasting tan IMO if you're not going to exfoliate DON'T even bother w/ sunless tanners; I rec'd a non-oily, more harsh (no soft beads: they do nothing, look for a grainy type) scrub (if it's oil-based your tan will streak). I also use a loofah on my feet, knees, and elbows & exfolating gloves you can get at Target. Next shave & then apply some type of lotion on spots that are likely to absorb color more (feet, knees, elbows, I also do my neck & the front of the armpit).

Okay on to my review of the product: I really love this product! The pina-colada scent is a lil' overpowering, but it beats the normal tanner scent that I'm used to from my L'Oreal Sublime Tanners. Usually whenever I do my whole exfolation routine (look above), my skin is very pale (well not thattt pale; I'm N-20, but I look better with a bit of a tan) & has a slight purplish tint & it usually takes a day to even start to see my tanner working. BUT NOT WITH THIS! I already have a nice golden tan, not super tan, but I would feel comfortable wearing shorts. This will not streak if you focus on one area at at time & I even add a little more lotion btwn areas on knees, elbows, etc (I work my way up going from the bottom of the leg/feet, then top of the leg/thigh, then stomach, then chest/neck, then arms). Since I just tried it, I will update to see how it works in the long run; but for now I really like it!

***EDIT***
Okay about 2 hours after apllying, the normal self-tanner smell kicked in (uhhh), & the next day I wasn't as tan. I would rec this for instant tanning

on 4/21/2009 12:43:00 AM

I love this! I've used it three days in a row now and I'm a warm nutty brown. I did notice a lot of it wash off when I shower but there is still a gradual build in tan. The smell is yummy for a self-tanner. I love the pina colada scent - so summery! The shimmers were a bit intense sometimes, so if you don't like shimmers, this is probably not for you. The tinted bronzer makes it easy to avoid streaks =). Overall, a good product and I will repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm a "seasoned" self-tanner. My skin is naturally as white as the background of MUA, and I'm always looking for a self-tanner that will give me a nice, natural, bronzy looking glow. I decided to try Too Faced's Tanning Bed in a Tube after reading reviews on MUA.

First the Pros:
-Goes on nicely. Glides on and has a slight bronzer/color guide to it so it is very easy to blend in. It's almost impossible to streak.

-Dries nicely. Doesn't transfer onto my clothes unless I get sweaty or wet. It isn't sticky like some self-tanners. My skin feels soft and smooth.

-Provides a nice color. One application gave me a slight hint of a tan. After applying several days in a row, my tan deepened nicely. The color is a little prone to being brown with a teensy hint of orange, but I've seen much worse.

Now the cons:

-It reeks. I've tried almost all of the self-tanners out there and this one by far smells the worst. It has a cloying Pina Colada scent. Which, don't get me wrong- it's nice at first. But it doesn't fade like most scents do. It just lingers and lingers and is headache inducing. I can go to sleep and wake up the next morning and STILL smell it. The scent is awful, and I am by no means sensitive to fragrances.

-It's slightly expensive. A 6oz tube set me back $22.50, which is a steal compared to St. Tropez Auto Bronzante but a heart attack when compared to most drugstore tanners.

There you have it. I'm on the fence on whether or not I would buy this again- it has everything I am looking for in a self-tanner, but the scent ruins it. I think I will keep on with my search for the "perfect" self-tanner.

on 7/4/2007 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Am loving this tan in a tube! After my horrifying experience with dermatologica self-tan (made me look grubby and horrid-see review) I was really wary of trying another self-tan as I thought it would turn out just as bad. I am soo glad I tried again and this time, thanks to Too Faced I finally got it right :-) This is a lovely tanner- goes on bronze so you can see where you're putting it, and then develops into a beautiful and most importantly- natural, golden tan. As other reviewers have mentioned- there is no horrid biscuitty smell as one tends to get with self tanners, just a light fragrance of pina colada- delightful my dear! The shade is ideal for my skin type- dry and pale and on me this tan looks very natural and golden. If you've already got olive/tanned skin (you lucky thing!) I can imagine that this would not make you look any more tanned then you already are as its obviously not as hardcore dark as others (eg. rodial's brazilian tan is apparently the darkest tanner on the market, according to cosmo mag), so I wouldn't recommend if you want to be really dark, but if you've got light skin and want to golden then look no further than this lovely product. Another point is that this tan gives a slight shimmer effect on the skin so perhaps avoid if you aint a fan of all that glitters. But as for me, I love the stuff. EDIT: some people have mentioned that this product transfers slightly to clothing. I have found that its important to wait until its completely dry before dressing but even then it does admittedly transfer just a tad. On the plus side, its only slightly and it does come out as soon as clothes are washed. All in all, i reckon its worth it my lovelies for having a j-lo glowy golden tan (and not having the sun damage to go with it- yay)

on 6/16/2007 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product, but it's going back to Sephora Monday morning. The color is excellent for me; a soft, pale hint of tan and that's what I'm looking for. The fragrance is tropical and while I tire of it after a few hours, it's much better than the normal self-tanner smell. The tint/bronzer part makes application quite easy and looks great on legs so that you can go out immediately. My problem - this product got on everything I touched all day long. The inside of my clothes was covered in the colorguide and during an afternoon meeting at work, I glanced down at the leg of my slacks and there was a streak of this across my knee - who knows how I got it on the outside of my clothes. As soon as I walked in the door from work I jumped in the shower and scrubbed to get it all the bronzer part off. While the soft color left behind with no hint of yellow or orange was really nice, I can't fight that rub-off of the product. Thank you for reading.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product gives a lovely golden-y glow to your skin, but it has a tendency to rub off on clothing, even though it says it won't. It has a bit of shimmer in it that makes you glow, but as with any product that adds immediate color, you have to be careful with it transferring. That said, it has a nice tropical scent...none of that awful self-tanner stink that most others do. It is a gradual tanner, but the bronzy color helps to camouflage imperfections while your tan is developing. It would be perfect for a casual vacation day or an evening out with a strappy top and shorts. I have light skin with yellow undertones and this is perfect for me. However, if you have darker skin or an olive tone, the shimmer may be too light for you. Overall, I recommend this, but I'm still on my quest for the perfect self-tanner. I wish they'd come out with that pill they keep talking about!