Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by hair type : Other
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

on 9/6/2011 2:37:00 AM

I really like this product. I am a fair, olive skinned person who tans easily. I love the color (bronzing) that is in this product to give you immediate color while you wait for the tanner. It makes your skin shimmer and a very pretty color not orange for me. I first rub lotion on my hands before I start applying. I also use about a quarter size dab, gently rub my palms together before I start applying and I do not have streaking. You do need to work a little fast because if your skin is dry it can absorb the water right out of a product like this and it dries before you are done. If you have streaking I would recommend applying just a very tiny bit of lotion on your skin before you apply the tanner.

I have not noticed any of the horrible self tanner smell that other products have. I also do not find the fragrance offensive or strong and I am smell sensitive. The self tanner in the product is not extremely strong - it does apply a little color but don't expect to go much darker than one shade in your skin. I think it works best if you have a light tan base and want to maintain that color. I doubt there is any bronzing agent out there that would never rub off a little. I make sure it dries completely before I dress. There have been times I have even put on a small coat of lotion after it had dried and I have not have any major mishaps. A little pricey, but I like all Too Faced products.

on 6/9/2009 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Like others - I've tried a lot of Self Tanners and think this product produces an absolutely lovely natural color with no hint of orange. I was having trouble with the color of other self tanners looking fine at home and in natural light but as soon as I got under the harsh office lights that orange tinge would show up. Not with Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube. Yes the smell is strong - I don't mind it. In terms of the rub off problem - if you notice - a lot of the reviews that state that as an issue are quite old. I just did my arms and went to wash my hands. I used a damp paper towel to rub my arms and saw slight to no sign of the product on the paper towel. I suspect the formula has been improved since it first came out in 2007. I really like the fact that there is a bit of shimmer and bronzer in it - it's almost like a tinted moisturizer/sheer makeup and makes my legs look great despite my scars, bumps and bruises.

Ill admit I only wanted this because a magazine said a lot of celebs use it. I personally do the whole tanning bed thing ( I know, tsk tsk, but im just so pale!!) anyway, this gave me a really j lo glow, almost a little TOO fake, like great for a photo shoot but for a simple date its a little much. but nice smell, you can smell the tanner a little bit but not as bad as most. my only gripe is how it gets all over the inside of you clothes, i dont know if it stains yet but members on here say it doesnt. just make sure you man doesnt have white sheets!!!