Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.8

ICK. This product was too runny for me and the color came out orangeish and way too shimmery in the sunlight. It blotches up on your skin if you don't rub it in really well. So be cautious of that! Not fond of this and will not re-purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall a decent product with one major problem - fragrance. The good: Love the tint, love the natural and healthy glow. The bad: overwhelming pina-colada fragrance that I believe is also breaking me out.

on 7/20/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great for instant color - but it doesn't really build a tan like some other products out there. It has a pineapple scent that masks the bronzing smell which is nice - and you can see where you've put it which is always a plus for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an early review: I was about to put this up for swap (it's my sister's, but she hasn't been using it much anymore) but I decided to use it once to see if I even like it. For reference this is $22.50 at Sephora. Since it's the beginning of summer, & I do NOT tan outside, it's self-tanner time for me!

My Routine before using ANY Self-Tanner:
I exfoliated before I took a shower; I exfoliate on partially dry skin with a little water: I find this to be more effective (girls exfoliating is major for not getting streaks & to have a longer lasting tan IMO if you're not going to exfoliate DON'T even bother w/ sunless tanners; I rec'd a non-oily, more harsh (no soft beads: they do nothing, look for a grainy type) scrub (if it's oil-based your tan will streak). I also use a loofah on my feet, knees, and elbows & exfolating gloves you can get at Target. Next shave & then apply some type of lotion on spots that are likely to absorb color more (feet, knees, elbows, I also do my neck & the front of the armpit).

Okay on to my review of the product: I really love this product! The pina-colada scent is a lil' overpowering, but it beats the normal tanner scent that I'm used to from my L'Oreal Sublime Tanners. Usually whenever I do my whole exfolation routine (look above), my skin is very pale (well not thattt pale; I'm N-20, but I look better with a bit of a tan) & has a slight purplish tint & it usually takes a day to even start to see my tanner working. BUT NOT WITH THIS! I already have a nice golden tan, not super tan, but I would feel comfortable wearing shorts. This will not streak if you focus on one area at at time & I even add a little more lotion btwn areas on knees, elbows, etc (I work my way up going from the bottom of the leg/feet, then top of the leg/thigh, then stomach, then chest/neck, then arms). Since I just tried it, I will update to see how it works in the long run; but for now I really like it!

***EDIT***
Okay about 2 hours after apllying, the normal self-tanner smell kicked in (uhhh), & the next day I wasn't as tan. I would rec this for instant tanning

on 4/27/2010 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I am very pale and don't tan easily (nc20 for ref). This has become my hg self tanner, I am sure there are better ones out there but this is the best one that i have stumbled across for my skin tone. I really like the smell (pina colada like), I have never turned orange from the product, I go a light golden colour and it looks lovely and super natural, I only need to apply it every few days to maintain a light natural golden colour. It doesnt stain my clothes and I generally apply my tanners in the morning and this leaves a shimmery tint on my skin which I happen to love.

on 4/21/2009 12:43:00 AM

I love this! I've used it three days in a row now and I'm a warm nutty brown. I did notice a lot of it wash off when I shower but there is still a gradual build in tan. The smell is yummy for a self-tanner. I love the pina colada scent - so summery! The shimmers were a bit intense sometimes, so if you don't like shimmers, this is probably not for you. The tinted bronzer makes it easy to avoid streaks =). Overall, a good product and I will repurchase when I run out.

on 9/3/2008 11:26:00 AM

I purchased this product months ago and to me its a must! No streaking no orange a nice golden shimmer! It really is awesome but I have to agree with everyone the smell is terrible!! It really does linger! and when i wear it, it seems like thats all i can smell!! Its one of those frangrances that gets stuck in your nose!! But I always use it when I am going out when my legs or arms need some color..... The color is perfect! Just put it on like an hour or two before you go out and the smell will fade enough that your perfume will cover it somewhat....

I loved this stuff!!! But for those of you who got it on your clothes it was probably because you didnt let it dry first. I love the shimmery bronzed look after i put it on and it definately DOES NOT look orange like jergens ugh. So if you do buy it and have irish skin like me i belive you will love it too. Cyas

This stuff is great. Hands down!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This tanner gave me my ideal tan color, but I did not last at all! Whenever I took a shower it would come off completly. Also if I sweated it would come off, so to avoid embarrasssment I stopped using this. I have never used a more natural looking self tanner and it does not streak at all, so I'm really bummed it does not stay on and wears off very easily. Also the smell is fine while putting on, but as the day goes on, or even if you put it on @ night and shower in the morning you can smell it throughout the days and it smells terrible. I wore it to my summer class after applying it the night before and showering in the mourning and I could smell it in class and some of my classmates made remarks about an odd smell. That was very embarrising so its never getting worn again!