Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.4

on 7/27/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I recently gave up tanning in beds and have been on the search for a decent self-tanner to make up for the days that I'm unable to make it to a VersaSpa. This has by far been my favorite! The color is perfect for someone with a base tan, but I would be hesitant to recommend it to those who are pale as it may turn you orange. The packaging is decent and for the price, I'm happy with the amount of product I receive. And the smell! This product seriously smells exactly like a tanning bed, which for me is a gigantic plus (I really miss tanning, okay?).

My only problem with this self-tanner is the consistency, which can be both an advantage and nuisance at times. The lotion itself is very, very, very runny. This is great for spreading it along your body and making sure you get every spot tanned. It's not great when you pour out too much at once because it won't hesitate to spill out of the package at any chance it gets. This isn't a huge issue if you're careful with applying the tanner, so just be sure to exercise caution.

And on my last note, if anyone has any issues with streaking, I've found that applying the self-tanner and rubbing a moisturizer over it before it's had the chance to dry really helps to smooth and even the color out. Love it!

on 6/27/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The saving grace of this product is definitely the refreshing scent, something you don't usually get with other tanners. While I did like the pretty shimmer it gave me, it often left me a little streakier than other lotions I've used. I know it says it's a gradual tanning lotion, but I didn't notice it having the same daily darkening effect as other cheaper versions that do the same thing, like Jergens or Dove. If the price was cheaper I might buy it again, but until then I feel like there are other products out there that really give me the bronzing effect I desire.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an early review: I was about to put this up for swap (it's my sister's, but she hasn't been using it much anymore) but I decided to use it once to see if I even like it. For reference this is $22.50 at Sephora. Since it's the beginning of summer, & I do NOT tan outside, it's self-tanner time for me!

My Routine before using ANY Self-Tanner:
I exfoliated before I took a shower; I exfoliate on partially dry skin with a little water: I find this to be more effective (girls exfoliating is major for not getting streaks & to have a longer lasting tan IMO if you're not going to exfoliate DON'T even bother w/ sunless tanners; I rec'd a non-oily, more harsh (no soft beads: they do nothing, look for a grainy type) scrub (if it's oil-based your tan will streak). I also use a loofah on my feet, knees, and elbows & exfolating gloves you can get at Target. Next shave & then apply some type of lotion on spots that are likely to absorb color more (feet, knees, elbows, I also do my neck & the front of the armpit).

Okay on to my review of the product: I really love this product! The pina-colada scent is a lil' overpowering, but it beats the normal tanner scent that I'm used to from my L'Oreal Sublime Tanners. Usually whenever I do my whole exfolation routine (look above), my skin is very pale (well not thattt pale; I'm N-20, but I look better with a bit of a tan) & has a slight purplish tint & it usually takes a day to even start to see my tanner working. BUT NOT WITH THIS! I already have a nice golden tan, not super tan, but I would feel comfortable wearing shorts. This will not streak if you focus on one area at at time & I even add a little more lotion btwn areas on knees, elbows, etc (I work my way up going from the bottom of the leg/feet, then top of the leg/thigh, then stomach, then chest/neck, then arms). Since I just tried it, I will update to see how it works in the long run; but for now I really like it!

***EDIT***
Okay about 2 hours after apllying, the normal self-tanner smell kicked in (uhhh), & the next day I wasn't as tan. I would rec this for instant tanning

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm fair skinned and for summer, I love to just get a little colour. I don't have to explain why I choose to self-tan, I think we all know real sun is not ideal. This product gives a beautiful golden bronze glow with very little effort, probably due to the tint. And the smell is divine, in my opinion, like a soft coconut scented tanning oil from childhood. With all those good things, it's too bad that it's too expensive to use as a daily, gradual self-tanner lotion. Colour is perfect, and application is streak free. Wear is even and fades gradually.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This tanner gave me my ideal tan color, but I did not last at all! Whenever I took a shower it would come off completly. Also if I sweated it would come off, so to avoid embarrasssment I stopped using this. I have never used a more natural looking self tanner and it does not streak at all, so I'm really bummed it does not stay on and wears off very easily. Also the smell is fine while putting on, but as the day goes on, or even if you put it on @ night and shower in the morning you can smell it throughout the days and it smells terrible. I wore it to my summer class after applying it the night before and showering in the mourning and I could smell it in class and some of my classmates made remarks about an odd smell. That was very embarrising so its never getting worn again!

on 6/16/2007 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product, but it's going back to Sephora Monday morning. The color is excellent for me; a soft, pale hint of tan and that's what I'm looking for. The fragrance is tropical and while I tire of it after a few hours, it's much better than the normal self-tanner smell. The tint/bronzer part makes application quite easy and looks great on legs so that you can go out immediately. My problem - this product got on everything I touched all day long. The inside of my clothes was covered in the colorguide and during an afternoon meeting at work, I glanced down at the leg of my slacks and there was a streak of this across my knee - who knows how I got it on the outside of my clothes. As soon as I walked in the door from work I jumped in the shower and scrubbed to get it all the bronzer part off. While the soft color left behind with no hint of yellow or orange was really nice, I can't fight that rub-off of the product. Thank you for reading.

on 6/4/2007 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What I love about this product is: it smells awesome! I *hate* the smell of self tanner, but this smells more like a sweet tanning oil. It reminds me of some lotion I used to use when back in the days when I actually went to the tanning salon. It makes me look naturally tan and the shimmer is subtle but enough to give you a glimmer/glow. (I am a MAC NW25)

It *will* rub off on clothes (i.e. your clothes insides will look like you rubbed off foundation on them) but I did not have any problems with my skin looking streaky. I even ran to the car in the rain and did not notice any streaks afterwards (I had had the product on for several hours at that point, so it did not affect the self-tanner). But come on - it is makeup! It will rub off if fabric comes in contact with it. It washes out of fabric easily.

I have worn this product twice now, once to a outdoor BBQ and once to a wedding/reception. My legs & arms looked fabulous for such a pale girl who is afraid of skin cancer :) I had primed my skin the day before with Derma Dr. KP Duty and California North self-tanner for a base tan.

I also like that it blends any self-tanner imperfections away (like a foundation does for face).

Buy it!