Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.5

on 2/17/2013 6:55:00 AM

Horrible, horrible colour when applied. I look as if I applied a carrotcake on my face, colourwise. Total fake colour. Why don't they make it transparant? Threw it in the bin right away. Nice coconutsmell though..

on 4/27/2010 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I am very pale and don't tan easily (nc20 for ref). This has become my hg self tanner, I am sure there are better ones out there but this is the best one that i have stumbled across for my skin tone. I really like the smell (pina colada like), I have never turned orange from the product, I go a light golden colour and it looks lovely and super natural, I only need to apply it every few days to maintain a light natural golden colour. It doesnt stain my clothes and I generally apply my tanners in the morning and this leaves a shimmery tint on my skin which I happen to love.

on 2/25/2010 12:46:00 AM

I have tried quite a few different tanning lotions and thus far, this one is my favorite. I have extremely fair skin, and most self-tanners or bronzing lotions have always made my skin have the dreaded orangey tinge to it. This does not do that at all. The color looked completely natural and I also liked the smell, but I can see where some people might not be a fan of the smell since it's kind of strong. I loved that this product does not have the usual smell of most tanning lotions. It was a bit pricey at $21.50 for the tube, but I honestly think that it was worth it, and I am happy with the results. Under all different kinds of lighting, my new tan looked natural with no orange coloration, and no streaks. I also loved that it dries so fast. I would highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind the price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews, I just have to say I adore this product. I tan frequently in indoor beds, and like this to maintain and deepen my color in between. First off, the smell is pleasant. Anyone who uses self tanners on a regular basis knows that the DHA chemical reacting with your skin smells awful. That's just the way it is! The tropical scent is a little strong, but compared to the regular smell of ST it is a miracle.
The color is amazing as well. Some ST can make you look orange, especially if your fair-skinned and don't have a base tan. This develops into a gorgeous golden brown. Apply less often for lighter color, more often for deeper! Perfect.
Finally, everyone complains about it rubbing/washing off. Read the box! I apply after showering and let it dry COMPLETELY, then get dressed. Problem solved. Also, this is a DHA based SELF TANNER. You don't get much color from a single application. Again; read the box. After 7 days of straight use you will see your darkest color; you should see a noticeable difference after 3. Not one! This particular product has an instant bronzer in it; this has no DHA and is purely cosmetic. Its like putting bronzer on your face. When you shower, the cosmetic bronzer is washed away, but the chemical DHA and natural dyes are already absorbed into your skin, and develop your color after 8-12 hours. Remember, one application will not make your skin change hue! Only temporarily from the cosmetics, which do wash away, but after several applications in a row you can adjust your frequency to maintain the color you like. And you'll be a beautiful golden brown!
As a frequent tanner who's tried every DHA and tanning lotion product out there, this is the BEST self tanner and really not that expensive for the quality of the product.

on 4/21/2009 12:43:00 AM

I love this! I've used it three days in a row now and I'm a warm nutty brown. I did notice a lot of it wash off when I shower but there is still a gradual build in tan. The smell is yummy for a self-tanner. I love the pina colada scent - so summery! The shimmers were a bit intense sometimes, so if you don't like shimmers, this is probably not for you. The tinted bronzer makes it easy to avoid streaks =). Overall, a good product and I will repurchase when I run out.

on 3/20/2009 11:39:00 AM

I just used this a few hours ago and I had got a sample from Sephora a few days ago, the smell of this to me is great but I can understand why some people wouldn't. I absolutely LOVE the color results with this but I have major streaking and I don't know why, I exfoliated, put some lotion on and waited until it dried then I put this on, I couldn't seem to get it rubbed in really good, the bottom of my legs are so streaky, the rest of them look pretty good, my feet are a mess and I really didn't put much on. I don't know if the product is old and was on the shelf at sephora, it just didn't blend in good, I am considering getting a fresh sample and trying again but not sure.

The smell of this was horrible... I only used this once... and once was enough... I didnt really get to see if it worked or not cuz I had to wipe it off since the smell was so bad... I wont be re-purchasing.

on 12/15/2008 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have to be the bad girl here with Tanning Bed in a Tube, but I have to write a bad review. I used this over the summer, as an alternative to me giving up the tanning bed. It's been four months now! ;)
Anyway, I bought this off a friend and she praised it highly. I have used many gradual self tanners and self tanners over the years, high and low end and I feel like I've seen them all. That atrocious smell of DHA is in Tanning Bed in a Tube, it seems like no matter what, that smell will always be present in self tanners. The lotion itself is supposed to be tropical, like pina colada. It's very strong and even hours after application, I could still smell it. In addition to the gradual bronzing properties of Tanning Bed in a Tube, there is also a temporary, instant shimmery bronzer. That is what I had the most problem with.
I would always apply this stuff out of the shower and walk around in a towel or robe until it was time to get ready. Hours later, this stuff would come off on my clothes, EWWW. I ruined quite a few nice tank tops over the summer thanks to this stuff. The color I did get from this lotion was nothing to write home about, half orange and half brown. Even though this product is supposed to have gradual self tanners in it that darken you over time, I never saw it. In the morning when I would shower, it seemed like all of the color would just come right off and I never actually built color. I would use it everyday as well.
For the price, this stuff isn't worth it. I'm glad other people out there like it, but I'm not one of them.

on 9/3/2008 11:26:00 AM

I purchased this product months ago and to me its a must! No streaking no orange a nice golden shimmer! It really is awesome but I have to agree with everyone the smell is terrible!! It really does linger! and when i wear it, it seems like thats all i can smell!! Its one of those frangrances that gets stuck in your nose!! But I always use it when I am going out when my legs or arms need some color..... The color is perfect! Just put it on like an hour or two before you go out and the smell will fade enough that your perfume will cover it somewhat....

on 7/2/2008 1:54:00 PM

I didn't even get a chance to see the results of the product because the smell was horrible!!! I put it on at night before bed and had to get up 30 minutes later and shower because the smell made me sick to my stomach. I will stick with my jergens I guess. I have tons of tanners now that I am not using!! Add this one to the list!!