Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.2

on 9/6/2011 2:37:00 AM

I really like this product. I am a fair, olive skinned person who tans easily. I love the color (bronzing) that is in this product to give you immediate color while you wait for the tanner. It makes your skin shimmer and a very pretty color not orange for me. I first rub lotion on my hands before I start applying. I also use about a quarter size dab, gently rub my palms together before I start applying and I do not have streaking. You do need to work a little fast because if your skin is dry it can absorb the water right out of a product like this and it dries before you are done. If you have streaking I would recommend applying just a very tiny bit of lotion on your skin before you apply the tanner.

I have not noticed any of the horrible self tanner smell that other products have. I also do not find the fragrance offensive or strong and I am smell sensitive. The self tanner in the product is not extremely strong - it does apply a little color but don't expect to go much darker than one shade in your skin. I think it works best if you have a light tan base and want to maintain that color. I doubt there is any bronzing agent out there that would never rub off a little. I make sure it dries completely before I dress. There have been times I have even put on a small coat of lotion after it had dried and I have not have any major mishaps. A little pricey, but I like all Too Faced products.

I've only used Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube once, but I wasn't overly impressed. The bronze color was really natural looking and easy to put on (it's tinted), so that was definitely a plus. However, the product claims to be a gradual self tanner but I saw absolutely no color the next day (and I'm very fair skinned so I can always notice a hint of color). It also rubs off on your clothes which sucks.. but at least it washes out.

If you need to get bronze quickly for a night out then it's a great purchase, otherwise I'd choose another gradual tanner. It's too expensive to use regularly.

on 4/24/2009 12:10:00 PM

I have been looking for a good self tanner for my face for some time now. I try my best not to buy any products that test on animals or who are not certified cruelty-free. Too Faced is one of these companies so when i saw their product, I went for it. Let me say, i LOVE the smell. I don't smell any of the usual scents in self tanner. It also gives a nice bronzy color. So basically, I like the product. But I gave it a 3 overall rating b/c it is more of a bronzer. I didn't notice any self-tanning at the end of the day when I washed it off. Since it is advertised as a self tanner and not a bronzer, that is why I gave it that rating. but as a bronzer, it earns 5s all around!!!

on 1/26/2009 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Well..what can i say about this product.....I really like the instant colour you get from the bronzer. However if you don't like shimmer at all, this product is NOT for you. I'm surprised with the other remarks about the scent, because I absolutly LOVE the smell of this product! The smell reminds me of summer, the beach, coconuts... mmm.. love it. Anyway....for instant bronzed look, use this. However, for long-term results, I wouldn't recommenf the self-tanner in this product. It's just not strong enough. But great instant Bronzer! In my opinion, this product is best used in the summer when you already have a base tan and just need a glow or pick me up!

on 7/7/2008 6:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I'm pretty pale and it's hard finding a great self tanner, they usually turn me orange. The color is quite believable, and I had no streaking. The smell isn't all that great, and after a while it gets overpowering. But, while in the shower (I was using a white washcloth) I noticed that the color was washing right off! It's pretty expensive for something that's just going to wash off. I'll continue to use this until I find another self tanner with the same great color that doesn't wash off.

I cannot stand the smell of this stuff! It seems nice at first but once you've slathered it all over, the smell is overpowering. I thought the color came out pretty good but I just couldn't stand the smell. I tried it again on just my arms but had to wash it off because the smell was making me nauseous! I can now add this to the pile of self tanners that I hate.

on 5/23/2008 5:43:00 PM

I can't even say I saw much results, because after putting it on for the first time I was just completely overcome by the initial "ok smell" to this horrible pastry smell that linger and cling to every piece of clothing I came in contact with. The smell is such a turn off. More so than normal self tanner smells because of the attempt to mask it as pina colada scent making it even worst.

This stuff is great. Hands down!!

This is a great product! I have experimented with many different self-tanners over the years, and this is my favorite in the "gradual"category. I love the instant sexy bronze effect; it really makes you look like you just got back from a tropical cruise. By far, this product's best quality is the lack of the putrid self-tanner smell that so many have. The fragrance is a light pina-colada. Most of the "build a tan" type products are strongly-perfumed at first, but quickly fade, leaving the nasty self-tanner smell behind. This one does not!

The product claims to be transfer-resistant, but it's not entirely. You will get some color on the inside of your clothes (mostly inside pant legs- I haven't noticed it rubbing off on my upper half) This is fairly common with most bronzers though, and it washes off easily. I think the gorgeous tan you get is enough instant gratification to make it worthwhile.

My only qualm is that the price is a little much for a product intended for everyday use. It still beats paying for a mystic tan once a week though!

EDIT: I just changed my rating to 5 lippies!!! I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and I LOVE it! It's like the ultimate summer moisturizer, tan included!

on 6/20/2007 7:07:00 PM

I bought this awhile ago and finally got around to trying it last night. I was looking for something to use in conjunction with my regular self tanner to help prolong my tan and even out my skin tone when the color starts to fade. I put it on in the evening time and wore all night washing it off in the morning.
First of all, the smell is lovely, like a pina colada or something. After about 3 hours I did smell a tiny little bit of that infamous self tanner smell, but it was way more tolerable then some others I have tried. The color guard went on evenly like a bronzer, but wasn't too shimmery in my opinion. My roomate said it looked like my skin was glowing. Others have commented on haveing problems with transfering. I personally didn't notice this transfering on to my sheets or on to the clothes I was wearing, but I did stay away from light colors and didn't wear this out during the day.
The next morning after I showered the results were very subtle, but the color was flattering and it did help even out my skin tone like I had hoped for. All in all I was pleased with this product and would probably repurchase.