Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.3

on 2/17/2013 6:55:00 AM

Horrible, horrible colour when applied. I look as if I applied a carrotcake on my face, colourwise. Total fake colour. Why don't they make it transparant? Threw it in the bin right away. Nice coconutsmell though..

on 9/6/2011 2:37:00 AM

I really like this product. I am a fair, olive skinned person who tans easily. I love the color (bronzing) that is in this product to give you immediate color while you wait for the tanner. It makes your skin shimmer and a very pretty color not orange for me. I first rub lotion on my hands before I start applying. I also use about a quarter size dab, gently rub my palms together before I start applying and I do not have streaking. You do need to work a little fast because if your skin is dry it can absorb the water right out of a product like this and it dries before you are done. If you have streaking I would recommend applying just a very tiny bit of lotion on your skin before you apply the tanner.

I have not noticed any of the horrible self tanner smell that other products have. I also do not find the fragrance offensive or strong and I am smell sensitive. The self tanner in the product is not extremely strong - it does apply a little color but don't expect to go much darker than one shade in your skin. I think it works best if you have a light tan base and want to maintain that color. I doubt there is any bronzing agent out there that would never rub off a little. I make sure it dries completely before I dress. There have been times I have even put on a small coat of lotion after it had dried and I have not have any major mishaps. A little pricey, but I like all Too Faced products.

on 6/27/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The saving grace of this product is definitely the refreshing scent, something you don't usually get with other tanners. While I did like the pretty shimmer it gave me, it often left me a little streakier than other lotions I've used. I know it says it's a gradual tanning lotion, but I didn't notice it having the same daily darkening effect as other cheaper versions that do the same thing, like Jergens or Dove. If the price was cheaper I might buy it again, but until then I feel like there are other products out there that really give me the bronzing effect I desire.

I've only used Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube once, but I wasn't overly impressed. The bronze color was really natural looking and easy to put on (it's tinted), so that was definitely a plus. However, the product claims to be a gradual self tanner but I saw absolutely no color the next day (and I'm very fair skinned so I can always notice a hint of color). It also rubs off on your clothes which sucks.. but at least it washes out.

If you need to get bronze quickly for a night out then it's a great purchase, otherwise I'd choose another gradual tanner. It's too expensive to use regularly.

I bought this product a few years ago, and I still have some in the bottle. A little goes a long way. I use this lotion mainly when I need instant color for bad office lighting or going out nights. I like the 'beachy' smell, and it comes out gold, so I can see where I'm applying it. There is also very slight shimmer. What really justified the high price tag for me was looking at pictures where I was wearing this and I actually looked 'bronzed.' It's a natural bronze, not an orangey one. It's expensive, but considering how long the product lasts it's worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm fair skinned and for summer, I love to just get a little colour. I don't have to explain why I choose to self-tan, I think we all know real sun is not ideal. This product gives a beautiful golden bronze glow with very little effort, probably due to the tint. And the smell is divine, in my opinion, like a soft coconut scented tanning oil from childhood. With all those good things, it's too bad that it's too expensive to use as a daily, gradual self-tanner lotion. Colour is perfect, and application is streak free. Wear is even and fades gradually.

on 2/25/2010 12:46:00 AM

I have tried quite a few different tanning lotions and thus far, this one is my favorite. I have extremely fair skin, and most self-tanners or bronzing lotions have always made my skin have the dreaded orangey tinge to it. This does not do that at all. The color looked completely natural and I also liked the smell, but I can see where some people might not be a fan of the smell since it's kind of strong. I loved that this product does not have the usual smell of most tanning lotions. It was a bit pricey at $21.50 for the tube, but I honestly think that it was worth it, and I am happy with the results. Under all different kinds of lighting, my new tan looked natural with no orange coloration, and no streaks. I also loved that it dries so fast. I would highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't mind the price.

I've never had great luck with self-tanners so I was skeptical when I first bought this one. So over the skepticism...I LOVE this stuff. It built a great color on me, I'm naturally VERY pale, so I think this is the first ever "true" "tan" I've actually had. I've gotten quite a few compliments: my co-workers thought I was on vacation last week instead of working at an out-of-state plant! :)

I noticed other reviewers commented on the "smell", but I don't think it has any unusual scent at all. All I've noticed is that I'm slowly becoming a bronzed goddess in a natural way without the ill effects of the sun. And a big kudos to Too Faced for being a company that is cruelty-free and for making such quality products. Even at $ 22.50, I would totally re-purchase this product in the future.

on 3/20/2009 11:39:00 AM

I just used this a few hours ago and I had got a sample from Sephora a few days ago, the smell of this to me is great but I can understand why some people wouldn't. I absolutely LOVE the color results with this but I have major streaking and I don't know why, I exfoliated, put some lotion on and waited until it dried then I put this on, I couldn't seem to get it rubbed in really good, the bottom of my legs are so streaky, the rest of them look pretty good, my feet are a mess and I really didn't put much on. I don't know if the product is old and was on the shelf at sephora, it just didn't blend in good, I am considering getting a fresh sample and trying again but not sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm a "seasoned" self-tanner. My skin is naturally as white as the background of MUA, and I'm always looking for a self-tanner that will give me a nice, natural, bronzy looking glow. I decided to try Too Faced's Tanning Bed in a Tube after reading reviews on MUA.

First the Pros:
-Goes on nicely. Glides on and has a slight bronzer/color guide to it so it is very easy to blend in. It's almost impossible to streak.

-Dries nicely. Doesn't transfer onto my clothes unless I get sweaty or wet. It isn't sticky like some self-tanners. My skin feels soft and smooth.

-Provides a nice color. One application gave me a slight hint of a tan. After applying several days in a row, my tan deepened nicely. The color is a little prone to being brown with a teensy hint of orange, but I've seen much worse.

Now the cons:

-It reeks. I've tried almost all of the self-tanners out there and this one by far smells the worst. It has a cloying Pina Colada scent. Which, don't get me wrong- it's nice at first. But it doesn't fade like most scents do. It just lingers and lingers and is headache inducing. I can go to sleep and wake up the next morning and STILL smell it. The scent is awful, and I am by no means sensitive to fragrances.

-It's slightly expensive. A 6oz tube set me back $22.50, which is a steal compared to St. Tropez Auto Bronzante but a heart attack when compared to most drugstore tanners.

There you have it. I'm on the fence on whether or not I would buy this again- it has everything I am looking for in a self-tanner, but the scent ruins it. I think I will keep on with my search for the "perfect" self-tanner.