Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.6

on 2/17/2013 6:55:00 AM

Horrible, horrible colour when applied. I look as if I applied a carrotcake on my face, colourwise. Total fake colour. Why don't they make it transparant? Threw it in the bin right away. Nice coconutsmell though..

The smell of this was horrible... I only used this once... and once was enough... I didnt really get to see if it worked or not cuz I had to wipe it off since the smell was so bad... I wont be re-purchasing.

on 7/2/2008 1:54:00 PM

I didn't even get a chance to see the results of the product because the smell was horrible!!! I put it on at night before bed and had to get up 30 minutes later and shower because the smell made me sick to my stomach. I will stick with my jergens I guess. I have tons of tanners now that I am not using!! Add this one to the list!!

I cannot stand the smell of this stuff! It seems nice at first but once you've slathered it all over, the smell is overpowering. I thought the color came out pretty good but I just couldn't stand the smell. I tried it again on just my arms but had to wash it off because the smell was making me nauseous! I can now add this to the pile of self tanners that I hate.

on 5/23/2008 5:43:00 PM

I can't even say I saw much results, because after putting it on for the first time I was just completely overcome by the initial "ok smell" to this horrible pastry smell that linger and cling to every piece of clothing I came in contact with. The smell is such a turn off. More so than normal self tanner smells because of the attempt to mask it as pina colada scent making it even worst.

Sorry but I guess I am in the minority here, i didn't like this stuff at all. The color wasn't really bad or anything but nothing special and I really DID NOT LIKE the smell of this. A lot on here love it but I could smell the self tanner right away and my husband even said i smelled funky and asked what I used. Right before I bought this though, I tried the Sephora brand new spray in the can tanner and it is wonderful. gave me such a beautiful color and the smell is good, could lightly smell the self tanner, but not much. I will stick with the Sephora brand as it is only $12.00 like half the price of this. I too the Too Faced back to Sephora and will be investing in more Sephora spray self tanner, love that stuff.

The bronzing works superduper quick but I do not like the end all. The color is a bit orangy but it could just be my particular skin and even though it is fast acting it stops too soon and doesn't color enough which I guess, in my case, is good because I wouldn't want to be EVEN MORE orange!!! I used it for 3 days and stopped. Smells kind of good though which is near impossible for self tanners

on 12/15/2008 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have to be the bad girl here with Tanning Bed in a Tube, but I have to write a bad review. I used this over the summer, as an alternative to me giving up the tanning bed. It's been four months now! ;)
Anyway, I bought this off a friend and she praised it highly. I have used many gradual self tanners and self tanners over the years, high and low end and I feel like I've seen them all. That atrocious smell of DHA is in Tanning Bed in a Tube, it seems like no matter what, that smell will always be present in self tanners. The lotion itself is supposed to be tropical, like pina colada. It's very strong and even hours after application, I could still smell it. In addition to the gradual bronzing properties of Tanning Bed in a Tube, there is also a temporary, instant shimmery bronzer. That is what I had the most problem with.
I would always apply this stuff out of the shower and walk around in a towel or robe until it was time to get ready. Hours later, this stuff would come off on my clothes, EWWW. I ruined quite a few nice tank tops over the summer thanks to this stuff. The color I did get from this lotion was nothing to write home about, half orange and half brown. Even though this product is supposed to have gradual self tanners in it that darken you over time, I never saw it. In the morning when I would shower, it seemed like all of the color would just come right off and I never actually built color. I would use it everyday as well.
For the price, this stuff isn't worth it. I'm glad other people out there like it, but I'm not one of them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This tanner gave me my ideal tan color, but I did not last at all! Whenever I took a shower it would come off completly. Also if I sweated it would come off, so to avoid embarrasssment I stopped using this. I have never used a more natural looking self tanner and it does not streak at all, so I'm really bummed it does not stay on and wears off very easily. Also the smell is fine while putting on, but as the day goes on, or even if you put it on @ night and shower in the morning you can smell it throughout the days and it smells terrible. I wore it to my summer class after applying it the night before and showering in the mourning and I could smell it in class and some of my classmates made remarks about an odd smell. That was very embarrising so its never getting worn again!

Ok so i wrote a review for this right after I cought it and the review was positive, but after using the lotion more and geting use to it, I found it is really terrible. The shimmer in it made me look like a bronzed statue, not natural at all. It has bronzers that show you where you put it and lemme tell u once U put it on, who ever you touch and whatever u wear will be able to tell you have it on too! Rubs off so much even though it says it dosent. It also got pretty streaky after a day or so of applying, and even the say after applying-the color was still rubbing off. I took a wetnap one day and completly rubbed it all of my legs because I didnt wanna look like a shimmery zebra. I think the only good thing about this product is the smell. The pina colada smell is very nice. but i think ill just go for the drink instead. So sorry, looks like Ill be sticking to a tanning bed.....in a salon.