Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product gives a lovely golden-y glow to your skin, but it has a tendency to rub off on clothing, even though it says it won't. It has a bit of shimmer in it that makes you glow, but as with any product that adds immediate color, you have to be careful with it transferring. That said, it has a nice tropical scent...none of that awful self-tanner stink that most others do. It is a gradual tanner, but the bronzy color helps to camouflage imperfections while your tan is developing. It would be perfect for a casual vacation day or an evening out with a strappy top and shorts. I have light skin with yellow undertones and this is perfect for me. However, if you have darker skin or an olive tone, the shimmer may be too light for you. Overall, I recommend this, but I'm still on my quest for the perfect self-tanner. I wish they'd come out with that pill they keep talking about!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Finally, a self tanner that smells like the tropics, not rotten pumpkins. This stuff is wonderful, which is good considering the price. I love the slight bronzy shimmer it leaves upon application so you not only see where it was applied, but it gives an instant glow while the tanning action takes place. I noticed color overnight, but I'm only giving it a four because I have to apply this more often than other tanners to keep the color, meaning on a daily basis, as opposed to a few times a week. I didn't have any problems with the time it took to dry or and it didn't transfer onto my clothes. I will repurchase if I don't find one cheaper that I like better.

on 7/4/2007 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Am loving this tan in a tube! After my horrifying experience with dermatologica self-tan (made me look grubby and horrid-see review) I was really wary of trying another self-tan as I thought it would turn out just as bad. I am soo glad I tried again and this time, thanks to Too Faced I finally got it right :-) This is a lovely tanner- goes on bronze so you can see where you're putting it, and then develops into a beautiful and most importantly- natural, golden tan. As other reviewers have mentioned- there is no horrid biscuitty smell as one tends to get with self tanners, just a light fragrance of pina colada- delightful my dear! The shade is ideal for my skin type- dry and pale and on me this tan looks very natural and golden. If you've already got olive/tanned skin (you lucky thing!) I can imagine that this would not make you look any more tanned then you already are as its obviously not as hardcore dark as others (eg. rodial's brazilian tan is apparently the darkest tanner on the market, according to cosmo mag), so I wouldn't recommend if you want to be really dark, but if you've got light skin and want to golden then look no further than this lovely product. Another point is that this tan gives a slight shimmer effect on the skin so perhaps avoid if you aint a fan of all that glitters. But as for me, I love the stuff. EDIT: some people have mentioned that this product transfers slightly to clothing. I have found that its important to wait until its completely dry before dressing but even then it does admittedly transfer just a tad. On the plus side, its only slightly and it does come out as soon as clothes are washed. All in all, i reckon its worth it my lovelies for having a j-lo glowy golden tan (and not having the sun damage to go with it- yay)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This tanner gave me my ideal tan color, but I did not last at all! Whenever I took a shower it would come off completly. Also if I sweated it would come off, so to avoid embarrasssment I stopped using this. I have never used a more natural looking self tanner and it does not streak at all, so I'm really bummed it does not stay on and wears off very easily. Also the smell is fine while putting on, but as the day goes on, or even if you put it on @ night and shower in the morning you can smell it throughout the days and it smells terrible. I wore it to my summer class after applying it the night before and showering in the mourning and I could smell it in class and some of my classmates made remarks about an odd smell. That was very embarrising so its never getting worn again!

This stuff is great. Hands down!!

I loved this stuff!!! But for those of you who got it on your clothes it was probably because you didnt let it dry first. I love the shimmery bronzed look after i put it on and it definately DOES NOT look orange like jergens ugh. So if you do buy it and have irish skin like me i belive you will love it too. Cyas

on 9/3/2008 11:26:00 AM

I purchased this product months ago and to me its a must! No streaking no orange a nice golden shimmer! It really is awesome but I have to agree with everyone the smell is terrible!! It really does linger! and when i wear it, it seems like thats all i can smell!! Its one of those frangrances that gets stuck in your nose!! But I always use it when I am going out when my legs or arms need some color..... The color is perfect! Just put it on like an hour or two before you go out and the smell will fade enough that your perfume will cover it somewhat....

on 4/21/2009 12:43:00 AM

I love this! I've used it three days in a row now and I'm a warm nutty brown. I did notice a lot of it wash off when I shower but there is still a gradual build in tan. The smell is yummy for a self-tanner. I love the pina colada scent - so summery! The shimmers were a bit intense sometimes, so if you don't like shimmers, this is probably not for you. The tinted bronzer makes it easy to avoid streaks =). Overall, a good product and I will repurchase when I run out.

on 4/27/2010 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I am very pale and don't tan easily (nc20 for ref). This has become my hg self tanner, I am sure there are better ones out there but this is the best one that i have stumbled across for my skin tone. I really like the smell (pina colada like), I have never turned orange from the product, I go a light golden colour and it looks lovely and super natural, I only need to apply it every few days to maintain a light natural golden colour. It doesnt stain my clothes and I generally apply my tanners in the morning and this leaves a shimmery tint on my skin which I happen to love.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an early review: I was about to put this up for swap (it's my sister's, but she hasn't been using it much anymore) but I decided to use it once to see if I even like it. For reference this is $22.50 at Sephora. Since it's the beginning of summer, & I do NOT tan outside, it's self-tanner time for me!

My Routine before using ANY Self-Tanner:
I exfoliated before I took a shower; I exfoliate on partially dry skin with a little water: I find this to be more effective (girls exfoliating is major for not getting streaks & to have a longer lasting tan IMO if you're not going to exfoliate DON'T even bother w/ sunless tanners; I rec'd a non-oily, more harsh (no soft beads: they do nothing, look for a grainy type) scrub (if it's oil-based your tan will streak). I also use a loofah on my feet, knees, and elbows & exfolating gloves you can get at Target. Next shave & then apply some type of lotion on spots that are likely to absorb color more (feet, knees, elbows, I also do my neck & the front of the armpit).

Okay on to my review of the product: I really love this product! The pina-colada scent is a lil' overpowering, but it beats the normal tanner scent that I'm used to from my L'Oreal Sublime Tanners. Usually whenever I do my whole exfolation routine (look above), my skin is very pale (well not thattt pale; I'm N-20, but I look better with a bit of a tan) & has a slight purplish tint & it usually takes a day to even start to see my tanner working. BUT NOT WITH THIS! I already have a nice golden tan, not super tan, but I would feel comfortable wearing shorts. This will not streak if you focus on one area at at time & I even add a little more lotion btwn areas on knees, elbows, etc (I work my way up going from the bottom of the leg/feet, then top of the leg/thigh, then stomach, then chest/neck, then arms). Since I just tried it, I will update to see how it works in the long run; but for now I really like it!

***EDIT***
Okay about 2 hours after apllying, the normal self-tanner smell kicked in (uhhh), & the next day I wasn't as tan. I would rec this for instant tanning