Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.6

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product gives a lovely golden-y glow to your skin, but it has a tendency to rub off on clothing, even though it says it won't. It has a bit of shimmer in it that makes you glow, but as with any product that adds immediate color, you have to be careful with it transferring. That said, it has a nice tropical scent...none of that awful self-tanner stink that most others do. It is a gradual tanner, but the bronzy color helps to camouflage imperfections while your tan is developing. It would be perfect for a casual vacation day or an evening out with a strappy top and shorts. I have light skin with yellow undertones and this is perfect for me. However, if you have darker skin or an olive tone, the shimmer may be too light for you. Overall, I recommend this, but I'm still on my quest for the perfect self-tanner. I wish they'd come out with that pill they keep talking about!

on 5/13/2007 4:16:00 PM

This is absolutely one of my favorite self-tanners for several reasons. Skin cancer runs in my family, and I have that light skin with freckles, so real tanning is pretty much a death wish for me. However, I hate being all pastey, espcially in the summer. I like gradual tanners because they look more natural, I don't suddenly look 5 times tanner than I did the day before, and with gradual tanners I never look orange. This stuff is perfect because the golden-rose shimmer will give you some instant color while you build your tan (which is perfect when you first start pulling out those summer clothes) and helps you apply the lotion more evenly. It does transfer a bit, but not badly enough that I worry about it. It is not very moisturizing, but dries quickly (which to me is more important, I have plenty of other moisturizers) and smells great. I would definitely recommend it if you have light skin and want to give it some color.

on 5/20/2007 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Okay, so I just bought this self-tanner at Sephora, not hoping for much out of it.. I'm extremely fair, about NW20 (classic ivory) if we're going by MAC products. I have pinkish undertones and light blonde hair. This product worked wonders! First of all, the smell is amazing. Self-tanners usually make me sick because they smell so bad, but this one has an incredible pina-colada aroma that just melts into your skin and makes you smell and feel great. Everyone notices in a positive way and my boyfriend loves it! Secondly, the color shows up right away and you can build it up if you choose to. It's not orange in the slightest. You can actually compare it to a tawny, 'playboy bunny' color, which is stunning on anyone. It also has subtle and appropriate shimmer for any age (which makes your skin GLOW naturally) to give you that 'straight off the red carpet' sex appeal. The container is cute and fairly easy to use. My only complaint about it is that sometimes the bottle can get a little slippery during application because of the plastic, and the product doesn't come with all that much for the price. It is excellent though, and gradually works so you don't look like you just tanned your brains out in cheap CVS products. I'd suggest this to anyone who is looking for a gorgeous glow without the orange and stink of almost all self-tanners.

Ok so i wrote a review for this right after I cought it and the review was positive, but after using the lotion more and geting use to it, I found it is really terrible. The shimmer in it made me look like a bronzed statue, not natural at all. It has bronzers that show you where you put it and lemme tell u once U put it on, who ever you touch and whatever u wear will be able to tell you have it on too! Rubs off so much even though it says it dosent. It also got pretty streaky after a day or so of applying, and even the say after applying-the color was still rubbing off. I took a wetnap one day and completly rubbed it all of my legs because I didnt wanna look like a shimmery zebra. I think the only good thing about this product is the smell. The pina colada smell is very nice. but i think ill just go for the drink instead. So sorry, looks like Ill be sticking to a tanning bed.....in a salon.

on 6/4/2007 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What I love about this product is: it smells awesome! I *hate* the smell of self tanner, but this smells more like a sweet tanning oil. It reminds me of some lotion I used to use when back in the days when I actually went to the tanning salon. It makes me look naturally tan and the shimmer is subtle but enough to give you a glimmer/glow. (I am a MAC NW25)

It *will* rub off on clothes (i.e. your clothes insides will look like you rubbed off foundation on them) but I did not have any problems with my skin looking streaky. I even ran to the car in the rain and did not notice any streaks afterwards (I had had the product on for several hours at that point, so it did not affect the self-tanner). But come on - it is makeup! It will rub off if fabric comes in contact with it. It washes out of fabric easily.

I have worn this product twice now, once to a outdoor BBQ and once to a wedding/reception. My legs & arms looked fabulous for such a pale girl who is afraid of skin cancer :) I had primed my skin the day before with Derma Dr. KP Duty and California North self-tanner for a base tan.

I also like that it blends any self-tanner imperfections away (like a foundation does for face).

Buy it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Finally, a self tanner that smells like the tropics, not rotten pumpkins. This stuff is wonderful, which is good considering the price. I love the slight bronzy shimmer it leaves upon application so you not only see where it was applied, but it gives an instant glow while the tanning action takes place. I noticed color overnight, but I'm only giving it a four because I have to apply this more often than other tanners to keep the color, meaning on a daily basis, as opposed to a few times a week. I didn't have any problems with the time it took to dry or and it didn't transfer onto my clothes. I will repurchase if I don't find one cheaper that I like better.

on 6/16/2007 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product, but it's going back to Sephora Monday morning. The color is excellent for me; a soft, pale hint of tan and that's what I'm looking for. The fragrance is tropical and while I tire of it after a few hours, it's much better than the normal self-tanner smell. The tint/bronzer part makes application quite easy and looks great on legs so that you can go out immediately. My problem - this product got on everything I touched all day long. The inside of my clothes was covered in the colorguide and during an afternoon meeting at work, I glanced down at the leg of my slacks and there was a streak of this across my knee - who knows how I got it on the outside of my clothes. As soon as I walked in the door from work I jumped in the shower and scrubbed to get it all the bronzer part off. While the soft color left behind with no hint of yellow or orange was really nice, I can't fight that rub-off of the product. Thank you for reading.

on 6/20/2007 7:07:00 PM

I bought this awhile ago and finally got around to trying it last night. I was looking for something to use in conjunction with my regular self tanner to help prolong my tan and even out my skin tone when the color starts to fade. I put it on in the evening time and wore all night washing it off in the morning.
First of all, the smell is lovely, like a pina colada or something. After about 3 hours I did smell a tiny little bit of that infamous self tanner smell, but it was way more tolerable then some others I have tried. The color guard went on evenly like a bronzer, but wasn't too shimmery in my opinion. My roomate said it looked like my skin was glowing. Others have commented on haveing problems with transfering. I personally didn't notice this transfering on to my sheets or on to the clothes I was wearing, but I did stay away from light colors and didn't wear this out during the day.
The next morning after I showered the results were very subtle, but the color was flattering and it did help even out my skin tone like I had hoped for. All in all I was pleased with this product and would probably repurchase.

This is a great product! I have experimented with many different self-tanners over the years, and this is my favorite in the "gradual"category. I love the instant sexy bronze effect; it really makes you look like you just got back from a tropical cruise. By far, this product's best quality is the lack of the putrid self-tanner smell that so many have. The fragrance is a light pina-colada. Most of the "build a tan" type products are strongly-perfumed at first, but quickly fade, leaving the nasty self-tanner smell behind. This one does not!

The product claims to be transfer-resistant, but it's not entirely. You will get some color on the inside of your clothes (mostly inside pant legs- I haven't noticed it rubbing off on my upper half) This is fairly common with most bronzers though, and it washes off easily. I think the gorgeous tan you get is enough instant gratification to make it worthwhile.

My only qualm is that the price is a little much for a product intended for everyday use. It still beats paying for a mystic tan once a week though!

EDIT: I just changed my rating to 5 lippies!!! I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and I LOVE it! It's like the ultimate summer moisturizer, tan included!

on 7/4/2007 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Am loving this tan in a tube! After my horrifying experience with dermatologica self-tan (made me look grubby and horrid-see review) I was really wary of trying another self-tan as I thought it would turn out just as bad. I am soo glad I tried again and this time, thanks to Too Faced I finally got it right :-) This is a lovely tanner- goes on bronze so you can see where you're putting it, and then develops into a beautiful and most importantly- natural, golden tan. As other reviewers have mentioned- there is no horrid biscuitty smell as one tends to get with self tanners, just a light fragrance of pina colada- delightful my dear! The shade is ideal for my skin type- dry and pale and on me this tan looks very natural and golden. If you've already got olive/tanned skin (you lucky thing!) I can imagine that this would not make you look any more tanned then you already are as its obviously not as hardcore dark as others (eg. rodial's brazilian tan is apparently the darkest tanner on the market, according to cosmo mag), so I wouldn't recommend if you want to be really dark, but if you've got light skin and want to golden then look no further than this lovely product. Another point is that this tan gives a slight shimmer effect on the skin so perhaps avoid if you aint a fan of all that glitters. But as for me, I love the stuff. EDIT: some people have mentioned that this product transfers slightly to clothing. I have found that its important to wait until its completely dry before dressing but even then it does admittedly transfer just a tad. On the plus side, its only slightly and it does come out as soon as clothes are washed. All in all, i reckon its worth it my lovelies for having a j-lo glowy golden tan (and not having the sun damage to go with it- yay)