Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by age: 30-35
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.4

The bronzing works superduper quick but I do not like the end all. The color is a bit orangy but it could just be my particular skin and even though it is fast acting it stops too soon and doesn't color enough which I guess, in my case, is good because I wouldn't want to be EVEN MORE orange!!! I used it for 3 days and stopped. Smells kind of good though which is near impossible for self tanners

on 4/27/2010 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I am very pale and don't tan easily (nc20 for ref). This has become my hg self tanner, I am sure there are better ones out there but this is the best one that i have stumbled across for my skin tone. I really like the smell (pina colada like), I have never turned orange from the product, I go a light golden colour and it looks lovely and super natural, I only need to apply it every few days to maintain a light natural golden colour. It doesnt stain my clothes and I generally apply my tanners in the morning and this leaves a shimmery tint on my skin which I happen to love.

I've never had great luck with self-tanners so I was skeptical when I first bought this one. So over the skepticism...I LOVE this stuff. It built a great color on me, I'm naturally VERY pale, so I think this is the first ever "true" "tan" I've actually had. I've gotten quite a few compliments: my co-workers thought I was on vacation last week instead of working at an out-of-state plant! :)

I noticed other reviewers commented on the "smell", but I don't think it has any unusual scent at all. All I've noticed is that I'm slowly becoming a bronzed goddess in a natural way without the ill effects of the sun. And a big kudos to Too Faced for being a company that is cruelty-free and for making such quality products. Even at $ 22.50, I would totally re-purchase this product in the future.

on 4/24/2009 12:10:00 PM

I have been looking for a good self tanner for my face for some time now. I try my best not to buy any products that test on animals or who are not certified cruelty-free. Too Faced is one of these companies so when i saw their product, I went for it. Let me say, i LOVE the smell. I don't smell any of the usual scents in self tanner. It also gives a nice bronzy color. So basically, I like the product. But I gave it a 3 overall rating b/c it is more of a bronzer. I didn't notice any self-tanning at the end of the day when I washed it off. Since it is advertised as a self tanner and not a bronzer, that is why I gave it that rating. but as a bronzer, it earns 5s all around!!!

on 3/20/2009 11:39:00 AM

I just used this a few hours ago and I had got a sample from Sephora a few days ago, the smell of this to me is great but I can understand why some people wouldn't. I absolutely LOVE the color results with this but I have major streaking and I don't know why, I exfoliated, put some lotion on and waited until it dried then I put this on, I couldn't seem to get it rubbed in really good, the bottom of my legs are so streaky, the rest of them look pretty good, my feet are a mess and I really didn't put much on. I don't know if the product is old and was on the shelf at sephora, it just didn't blend in good, I am considering getting a fresh sample and trying again but not sure.

on 7/2/2008 1:54:00 PM

I didn't even get a chance to see the results of the product because the smell was horrible!!! I put it on at night before bed and had to get up 30 minutes later and shower because the smell made me sick to my stomach. I will stick with my jergens I guess. I have tons of tanners now that I am not using!! Add this one to the list!!

This stuff is great. Hands down!!

Sorry but I guess I am in the minority here, i didn't like this stuff at all. The color wasn't really bad or anything but nothing special and I really DID NOT LIKE the smell of this. A lot on here love it but I could smell the self tanner right away and my husband even said i smelled funky and asked what I used. Right before I bought this though, I tried the Sephora brand new spray in the can tanner and it is wonderful. gave me such a beautiful color and the smell is good, could lightly smell the self tanner, but not much. I will stick with the Sephora brand as it is only $12.00 like half the price of this. I too the Too Faced back to Sephora and will be investing in more Sephora spray self tanner, love that stuff.

on 7/4/2007 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Am loving this tan in a tube! After my horrifying experience with dermatologica self-tan (made me look grubby and horrid-see review) I was really wary of trying another self-tan as I thought it would turn out just as bad. I am soo glad I tried again and this time, thanks to Too Faced I finally got it right :-) This is a lovely tanner- goes on bronze so you can see where you're putting it, and then develops into a beautiful and most importantly- natural, golden tan. As other reviewers have mentioned- there is no horrid biscuitty smell as one tends to get with self tanners, just a light fragrance of pina colada- delightful my dear! The shade is ideal for my skin type- dry and pale and on me this tan looks very natural and golden. If you've already got olive/tanned skin (you lucky thing!) I can imagine that this would not make you look any more tanned then you already are as its obviously not as hardcore dark as others (eg. rodial's brazilian tan is apparently the darkest tanner on the market, according to cosmo mag), so I wouldn't recommend if you want to be really dark, but if you've got light skin and want to golden then look no further than this lovely product. Another point is that this tan gives a slight shimmer effect on the skin so perhaps avoid if you aint a fan of all that glitters. But as for me, I love the stuff. EDIT: some people have mentioned that this product transfers slightly to clothing. I have found that its important to wait until its completely dry before dressing but even then it does admittedly transfer just a tad. On the plus side, its only slightly and it does come out as soon as clothes are washed. All in all, i reckon its worth it my lovelies for having a j-lo glowy golden tan (and not having the sun damage to go with it- yay)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Finally, a self tanner that smells like the tropics, not rotten pumpkins. This stuff is wonderful, which is good considering the price. I love the slight bronzy shimmer it leaves upon application so you not only see where it was applied, but it gives an instant glow while the tanning action takes place. I noticed color overnight, but I'm only giving it a four because I have to apply this more often than other tanners to keep the color, meaning on a daily basis, as opposed to a few times a week. I didn't have any problems with the time it took to dry or and it didn't transfer onto my clothes. I will repurchase if I don't find one cheaper that I like better.