Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Filtered by age: 25-29
Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.7

I bought this product a few years ago, and I still have some in the bottle. A little goes a long way. I use this lotion mainly when I need instant color for bad office lighting or going out nights. I like the 'beachy' smell, and it comes out gold, so I can see where I'm applying it. There is also very slight shimmer. What really justified the high price tag for me was looking at pictures where I was wearing this and I actually looked 'bronzed.' It's a natural bronze, not an orangey one. It's expensive, but considering how long the product lasts it's worth it.

on 7/20/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great for instant color - but it doesn't really build a tan like some other products out there. It has a pineapple scent that masks the bronzing smell which is nice - and you can see where you've put it which is always a plus for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I'm a "seasoned" self-tanner. My skin is naturally as white as the background of MUA, and I'm always looking for a self-tanner that will give me a nice, natural, bronzy looking glow. I decided to try Too Faced's Tanning Bed in a Tube after reading reviews on MUA.

First the Pros:
-Goes on nicely. Glides on and has a slight bronzer/color guide to it so it is very easy to blend in. It's almost impossible to streak.

-Dries nicely. Doesn't transfer onto my clothes unless I get sweaty or wet. It isn't sticky like some self-tanners. My skin feels soft and smooth.

-Provides a nice color. One application gave me a slight hint of a tan. After applying several days in a row, my tan deepened nicely. The color is a little prone to being brown with a teensy hint of orange, but I've seen much worse.

Now the cons:

-It reeks. I've tried almost all of the self-tanners out there and this one by far smells the worst. It has a cloying Pina Colada scent. Which, don't get me wrong- it's nice at first. But it doesn't fade like most scents do. It just lingers and lingers and is headache inducing. I can go to sleep and wake up the next morning and STILL smell it. The scent is awful, and I am by no means sensitive to fragrances.

-It's slightly expensive. A 6oz tube set me back $22.50, which is a steal compared to St. Tropez Auto Bronzante but a heart attack when compared to most drugstore tanners.

There you have it. I'm on the fence on whether or not I would buy this again- it has everything I am looking for in a self-tanner, but the scent ruins it. I think I will keep on with my search for the "perfect" self-tanner.

I cannot stand the smell of this stuff! It seems nice at first but once you've slathered it all over, the smell is overpowering. I thought the color came out pretty good but I just couldn't stand the smell. I tried it again on just my arms but had to wash it off because the smell was making me nauseous! I can now add this to the pile of self tanners that I hate.

on 6/8/2008 8:55:00 PM

This stuff is amazing. I read in some magazine that it gives a "nut brown" color - so true! I have tried everything, EVERYTHING on the market. Jergens, Dove, Chanel, Lancome, St. Tropez, Salon Bronze (the scary aerosol/airbrush gun) - and this stuff is the only thing I will use now. It builds so well and makes you just brown and glowing. The most believable tan I've ever seen. I have yet to try the "face" version because I tend to break out a lot from face tanners, but will most likely be trying it this week.

This is a great product! I have experimented with many different self-tanners over the years, and this is my favorite in the "gradual"category. I love the instant sexy bronze effect; it really makes you look like you just got back from a tropical cruise. By far, this product's best quality is the lack of the putrid self-tanner smell that so many have. The fragrance is a light pina-colada. Most of the "build a tan" type products are strongly-perfumed at first, but quickly fade, leaving the nasty self-tanner smell behind. This one does not!

The product claims to be transfer-resistant, but it's not entirely. You will get some color on the inside of your clothes (mostly inside pant legs- I haven't noticed it rubbing off on my upper half) This is fairly common with most bronzers though, and it washes off easily. I think the gorgeous tan you get is enough instant gratification to make it worthwhile.

My only qualm is that the price is a little much for a product intended for everyday use. It still beats paying for a mystic tan once a week though!

EDIT: I just changed my rating to 5 lippies!!! I have been using this product for about 3 weeks and I LOVE it! It's like the ultimate summer moisturizer, tan included!

on 6/20/2007 7:07:00 PM

I bought this awhile ago and finally got around to trying it last night. I was looking for something to use in conjunction with my regular self tanner to help prolong my tan and even out my skin tone when the color starts to fade. I put it on in the evening time and wore all night washing it off in the morning.
First of all, the smell is lovely, like a pina colada or something. After about 3 hours I did smell a tiny little bit of that infamous self tanner smell, but it was way more tolerable then some others I have tried. The color guard went on evenly like a bronzer, but wasn't too shimmery in my opinion. My roomate said it looked like my skin was glowing. Others have commented on haveing problems with transfering. I personally didn't notice this transfering on to my sheets or on to the clothes I was wearing, but I did stay away from light colors and didn't wear this out during the day.
The next morning after I showered the results were very subtle, but the color was flattering and it did help even out my skin tone like I had hoped for. All in all I was pleased with this product and would probably repurchase.