L'Oreal Paris Nutri-Gloss medium to long hair curly or wavy [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.7

on 2/6/2011 4:51:00 PM

As poster below noted, this is the only product that has worked for my wavy hair, and I am SO sad to hear it has been discontinued. I knew I was having a lot of trouble finding it in the last year or so and have only seen it on sale at some Rite Aids...so sad that it is over and they haven't even come up with something similar!

on 7/28/2010 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I have really enjoyed using the shampoo and conditioner - provided good moisture without weighing my hair down. However, recently I have been unable to find the products (I had to buy 'Nutri-gloss for medium to long hair that's damaged' for my last purchase. It was on sale at Rite-Aid). Wondering what happened, I inquired with L'Oreal as to product availability. I received a response today that said L'Oreal is discontinuing Vive Pro Nutri Gloss. See main part of response below.

"Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Shampoo has been discontinued. We regret that we are unable to suggest where to purchase it as stock is no longer available...
... Although we do not have an exact alternate to replace this product, we continually introduce new products..." (Toll free number was then given to inquire about new products)

I am so disappointed... It's back to square one in finding a good drugstore shampoo/conditioner for my wavy - and sometimes unruly - hair.

on 10/11/2008 10:49:00 PM

This product line is superior at defining curl, moisturizing and eliminating frizz. I love its performance, but am less thrilled with the perfumey scent and LOUD pink packaging. Doesn't matter, it is all about performance!

I have to say, I am floored at the lack of positive comments for this product. I would say this and Redken's All Soft are probably the most reliably GREAT products out there.

I have always struggled with my naturally very thick, frizzy wavy hair. I have tried nearly every brand out there. For six years every other day I would either straighten or blow dry it, often fruitlessly. Then I started using this product about a year ago and stopped all of it. I just use this at night and then wake up the next morning with perfect, glossy waves. Really. I used to alternate between hair brands every time I showered, but now I just use this. This really is just that great. And it uses proteins so your hair is healthy too.

Seriously, just try it. It's only $4. You will not regret it.

on 11/11/2007 8:09:00 PM

This shampoo made my hair feel great! Very light and moisturizing!

on 11/10/2007 11:52:00 AM

This is my favorite drugstore shampoo. It's fairly gentle and cleans well with a nice amount of lather. The perfumey smell is very strong though, that's my only complaint. Will repurchase, it's definitely worth the $4. It might be too heavy for finer hair types though, I have very thick and dry hair.

Popular Shampoos