Aveda Large Paddle Brush

No Image

4.7

on 12/16/2015 11:38:00 AM

I love this brush. It's the only brush i'll use. I bought one years ago after going to an Aveda salon. I had it forever until it ripped! I told the Aveda people that and they were shocked. But I did get A LOT of use out of it. So I bought two more of these brushes and I'll buy another two when I need to. :D

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

WOnderfully detangling. Beautiful to use. Knots are nuked.

on 4/3/2015 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Better than my Mason Pearson! I am so happy with the detangling abilities of this brush! It has out performed my wet brush and tangle teezer in tackling my tangles, and grooms better than my Mason Pearson- and a quarter of the price. I think my quest for the perfect brush is now over, thanks to Aveda. I am normally a Kerastase girl but decided to take the plunge after reading reviews on MUA, so thank you girls.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this brush! it does wonders for my kinky hair!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG brush and the only thing I use to comb, brush my hair. I do own a much hyped Mason Pearson, but I prefer the Aveda brush by far. It is very gentle to hair and scalp - can even be used on wet hair, is very easy to keep clean and is very versatile. I use it to detangle wet hair, to blow dry, to brush my hair before styling into a pony tail or bun.
It works great, it is well-made and priced right.
Would repurchase in a heart-beat if I lost mine. Highly recommended.

on 5/13/2014 10:36:00 PM

i ordered a flat brush with my Aveda Rewards points today , and can't wait to get it! My stylist uses one and i love what it does for my fine , med-long silvering hair. i have the Conair dupe and my husband liked it so much he bought his own; will be interesting when he gets a load of the real deal...will update !! EDIT-Have been using my brush and LOVE it! I don't use it on wet hair as I saw on other posts it tended to fall apart! My husband uses it as well which is fine- he laughs at my stuff and then ends up using it himself!!

on 4/28/2013 5:50:00 PM

Best brush I've ever owned. I have thick, long hair and this feels AMAZING on my scalp. I can even use it to detangle wet hair. Well-made too. I've had it for 2 or 3 years, and see it lasting 10 easily.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the perfect brush for massaging the scalp and distributing the natural oil from your scalp throughout the rest of your hair. It's a must-have tool, but I don't recommend using it on wet hair for several reasons. First, the bristles are a bit rough and I find them to be too uncomfortable when my hair is wet. Second, the handle and backing is made of wood. I'm actually on my second brush. I used the first one on dry and wet hair and it only lasted about a year. I have used the second one I bought on only dry hair. It's been almost two years now and the brush still looks and works like new.

on 5/15/2012 12:48:00 AM

Wow!!! In my house we call this the best brush ever, my seven year old son does not run from this brush and has even asked me to brush his hair when he has seen it laying out. I cannot say enough good things about this brush but, I too wish there was a round brush I loved as much.

on 4/21/2012 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I still have my first brush like this that I bought, and I just bought a back up brush. My old one is very scuffed up and looking gnarly but it still never lost a single bristle and has held up well.
I like the wood aesthetically but it is irritating when I want to wash the brush because with my plastic handled brushes I let them sit in a sink with soapy warm water and then brush all the hair and dust out but with this brush even a dip once a month to really try and get it clean will warp the wood after extended periods.
I feel like my old brush has gotten softer somehow since Ive had it for 7 years now. The plastic bristles have also gotten a little worn down over the years too I think, but hey 7 years is a good run.
This is the only brush that I love to use and the only brush that I have ever repurchased. For reference I have long, relatively thick, colored, wavy hair. This is also the only brush my fiancee likes to use every day on his fine-textured, straight hair.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools