Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray

Garnier Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Hairspray
Garnier Fructis Anti-Humidity Hairspray

3.4

DEFINITELY my HG hairspray. Garnier has completely won my heart with this product. Over a summer, I bought & tried 7 different drugstore hairsprays, and this one was by far the BEST. It didn't crunch my hair to death, but it still keeps my hair totes in place:)

If it's a rainy day, I spray this in my hair & never have to worry about my hair getting frizzy. It leaves my hair touchable & soft, but you can totally build it up. I, however, like to keep my hair soft. This is absolutely THEE best hairspray I've ever used. I think I'm on my third (can, bottle?) by now & it's my best friend. It's cheap, in a huge bottle so you get well worth your money. I may venture & try other hairsprays, but this will remain my favorite hairspray forever. :)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have to say, this is so not the hair spray for me. I only use hair spray on my bangs to add a little weight to them and hold them in place because I have very fine hair that otherwise blows all over the place in the slightest breeze. This stuff made my bangs look too weighed down and piece-y (not in a good way), and also gave them a wet look that made the color and texture look dramatically different from the rest of my hair. It just dries really sticky. I also don't really feel like this was a level 4 "ultra" hold, either. Just yuck.

on 6/8/2015 5:23:00 PM

Only hairspray I use! I used to love Fredrik fekkai hairspray which is about $20 but it's awsome, but this is a total dupe and maybe even better and it's about $5 and almost always on sale for like $3 it smells amazing and really gold the style all day but it's not crunchy and weird texture feeling it feels like smooth nice hair

on 6/5/2015 11:17:00 PM

I had seen this raved about in a lot of magazines and I just tried it a few weeks ago...With Garnier it's hit or miss,they do have some great products but this is not one of them.The smell is pretty good,the performance is bad it doesn't hold my style it just falls even after spraying it on. The can claims ultra hold and a 4 but for me it was a 1.I wanted to like it but it just didn't work on my hair.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I use this after straightening to keep my bob in place so it does not fly everywhere. I love that it does not smell very chemical like most hairsprays... it kind of smells like fruit. It has good hold but does not stop my hair from frizzing in humidity.

on 3/3/2015 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I feel like this is best for curly hair. Whenever I used this spray to set my straighten hair within 15 minutes of being outside (even with little to no wind or humidity) my hair would frizz up instantly. Although when my hair is curly it does a nice job of volumizing my curls and gives me a Solange-esque look. But at the end of the day this hair spray does not do what it is intended to do.

on 12/28/2014 9:21:00 PM

Me: short, purple/red hair that I spike around and style as messy.

This product claims to have "ultra strong" hold but I feel it has light hold at best. One breeze of good wind and *woosh* the hold is gone and you're left with flat hair. Previous hairsprays that I love include Aveda Control Force, although it is too expensive. I have since switched to TRESemme TRES Two Spray extra hold and I am very happy with it. I will not repurchase the Garnier product. They seem to weigh my hair down... Perhaps this would be a good spray for those with thick and/or curly hair.

on 12/17/2014 12:38:00 AM

Held my curls all day without making my hair crunchy. My hair was touchably soft all day. No frizz. Smells wonderful. Didn't leave any powdery white residue like other hairsprays. This probably wouldn't hold curls in tact if your hair is thinner and hard to curl to begin with. Knocked off a lippy because this doesn't work for teasing hair at all.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE the smell. The hold is pretty good as well

on 12/15/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I picked this anti-humidity hairspray up along with the entire line of Sleek and Shine anti humidity products a while ago in an effort to find a solution to my fizzy-when-humid-out-hair. This sprays on in a light mist and the fragrance is not overpowering. It's marked on the can as hold 4 Ultra Strong. I disagree. It has light hold only. I sprayed a lot of spray and it doesn't hold as well as my Generic Value Products Firm Finish Hair Spray or my usual Kenra hairspray. I have nearly used this up and it really doesn't seem to be any better or any different than my other sprays. I can't tell when I use this or when I use the others as far as anti humitiy control. This does have a light hold and it doesn't feel stiff, sticky, or heavy on my hair. It doesn't hold very well though and my styles fall out by lunchtime using this. I like the fragrance on this, It is light and fruity and doesn't have that perfumey sickly tradtional hairspray smell. I like this okay but I probably won't repurchase as it didn't seem to be any better than any other hairspray and I will just get what's cheapest.

Popular Styling Products