MAC Cosmetics Petalpoint

MAC Cosmetics Petalpoint

4.5

All I can say is how sorry I am that this beautiful blush is discontinued. I have been desperately searching for this blush, but I can't find it anywhere!
It gives the most beautiful shimmer on my cheeks and is light and pink enough for my fair skin.
Woe is me.

on 12/14/2009 8:05:00 PM

This proudct was a limited edition item from MAC and is no longer sold from MAC but I'm sure there are some available for swap or on ebay so I decided to write a review in case anyone is considering it. This blush is a very pretty shade of pink. It's not as bright as NARS Dersire but it definitely has enough pigment to make it noticable. This blush has quite a bit of sheen, without any actual shimmer or glitter, which is nice for a glow but too much and I think my cheeks look shiny in an odd, unattractive way. Overall it's pretty, but it just doesn't look natural on me. I think when I wear this my cheeks scream "I'm wearing pink blush!" It doesn't seem to blend with my skintone or look natural but sometimes I don't mind. Glowy pink cheeks are pretty and fresh. It's not an understated look so I don't reach for this everyday but when I want to add some drama to my cheeks without being crazy over the top, this blush is a nice option.

on 8/11/2009 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very unique colour; i am sooo glad i have a back up!

I have a theory that just about every limited edition blush that MAC releases is HG. With that said I knew I had to get my hands on this beautiful pink that came out with the Strange Hybrid collection. I must say I had a hard time getting a hold of it. The frost blushes are also something that I have recently appreciated more and more. With the 2 that came out with the CoC, Margin, plus Fleurry (also from Strange Hybrid), I knew I had to get a hold of another frost blush especially one with as gorgeous of a color as Petalpoint. The color payoff is amazing with this blush, and the sparkle and shimmer isn't over the top. The pink color is something unique that I haven't seen before now. It's a bit deeper than well dressed, a true baby pink, while well dressed leans towards a light pink. I have several, several MAC blushes and I am telling you that this one is a color that I haven't seen before. It's very pretty, if you can get your hands on it if you enjoy the frost finishes. Don't be scared off by the "frost" title there isn't much frost about this blush. It is simply a pink with some shimmer. The result with this blush is a rosy glow and it doesn't match up to other pink colors I have seen by MAC. Don't hesitate to swap for it or buy it if you can.

on 4/19/2009 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

MAC Petalpoint is a soft pink blush with a very *slight* lilac/plum undertone. It's a frost formula .. but what I love about this blush is that it doesn't look "frosty" on .. it gives my cheeks a really gorgeous *sheen*. It's very soft and delicate.. it doesn't have intense color payoff .. it just gives my cheeks a very soft glow. It's a great blush to pair with smokey eyes and pink lips. Not one that's a "must have" IMO .. but one that I'm glad I have in my stash! Overall, I'm happy with this blush! It's one that I reach for often to add a soft glowiness when I'm wearing smokey eye makeup or to add a nice sheen to a deeper matte blush.

on 1/8/2009 1:34:00 PM

I did not like this. It made me look older. It's going to my mum's.

on 5/16/2008 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

nice pink blush, glows like crazy so only need a tiny amount! would not repurchase though.

on 4/22/2008 11:32:00 PM

I really like the frost since it looks really different from all the other pink blushes out there. It also works as a really pretty light pink eyeshadow, too! The only warning is that sometimes you have to be careful how much you put on because you might look too robot-y with all the frost. Otherwise, this is a really unique and cute blush! I would not buy it again though because I don't use it that often since I am not sure what eyes or lips to match with such a different blush.

on 2/29/2008 6:39:00 AM

Petalpoint is from the MAC 2007 May LE collection Strange Hybrid. It is a Frost blush with a capital F. I bought it at that time because I just couldn't get over with the fact that Don't Be Shy from Baribe Loves MAC sold out on me after only one day. In reality there is nothing alike at all between DBS and Petalpoint. DBS is a clean pink with subtle shimmers, while Petalpoint is midtone pink with mauve, and is frost. So frosty that the color looks sheer when you apply it on your face. It can bring such an incredible sheen to your face. I like to use it in the Summer with blue/cool tone e/s. In other seaons I judge it OTT to my taste for day wear.

It applies quite sheer so you don't have to use a particular light hand. If you like your skin to glow you'll just love this blush. To be fair, it's shimmers are fine enough that I don't find them to enlarge pores or stuff like that. And its texture is smooth and easy to blend. Its color is not very special( minus the sheen effect it's just a normal mauvey pink) but is suitable for cool tone girls. If sheen is your thing, you should give it a shot.

on 6/27/2007 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

finally got this and i'm so glad i did. it give me such a pretty pink glow. nothing glittery...just a pretty sheen. very pigmented so my 187 brush worked perfectly for this. so pretty paired w/ flowerplay lipstick. sucks both are LE...but if they weren't i would repurchase this blush again. i would maybe get a backup but this would take forever to finish up since a little goes a long way.

Popular Blush Products