MAC #252 Large Shader Brush

MAC #252 Large Shader Brush

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this brush based on reviews online, i rarely ever use it, i wish i never got it, its too big for almond eyes and too soft to pack enough color. its not firm or dense enough to really deposit color on the eyes.

UPDATE: i wanted to make more use of this brush since its so exp, so i purposefully started using it more, it works great with cream products but not so great for powder eyeshadows, it does not pack enough color and its too big if your eyes are small (unless you want to use it to add a light base color all over your eyes)

on 9/12/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love using this to apply liquid and cream concealers as it blends them seamlessly without absorbing too much of the product.

To Read all 98 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/14/2014 12:53:00 AM

Bought it to place highlight shadow underneath my eyebrow. Its what I told the SA I needed a new brush for and this is what she recommended. Its a bad recommendation for that and it would be better for an eyeshadow base. #239 would be better for my need. I never use this and wish I hadn't bought it.

on 6/5/2014 2:04:00 AM

I like it so much!! So easy to do my eyeshadow base! Save time because the big size, and the hair is so denseable, can do a sharp eyeshadow look!

on 9/19/2013 8:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love using this brush to apply my MAC pigments. When foiling my pigment this brush comes into its own. When applying pigment dry I never have any fall out which I do when using other MAC brushes. The brush is also wonderful for when applying pigment and getting into the curve of the lid.

on 5/28/2013 3:27:00 PM

This is a wonderful brush I use for both concealer and eyeshadow. The brush is very soft and great quality. Will recommend to anybody.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this for my cream shadows. It works great, especially for applying lid washes with my lighter cream shadows, or for spreading out eye shadow primers. However, I find it love this brush for under eye concealer. I use the click pens to apply a line underneath, and then blend out the concealer with this brush. It gives me fabulous opaqueness and seamless blending.

I went into MAC and asked for a "bigger version of the 239" and this is what the SA recommended. I love it! If you are looking for a brush to sweep colour all over the lid or all over the eye quickly but still pack on the colour, this is exactly what you need. This brush is so soft, but still dense enough that one swipe is all you need to get the job done. It's my new favourite.

I really like this brush. It is relatively large for a typical eyeshadow brush, but I love how quickly I can apply paint pots and all-over lid color eye shadows. I even use this brush to apply my studio sculpt concealer, which helps blend it into my skin nicely and keep it from being too cakey. I clean this brush often because it's so versatile and I have several uses for it and the quality of it is still just as good as the day i bought it! I'm a huge fan of MAC brushes and this one is definitely no exception!

on 9/23/2011 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My go to brush for all over lid color, this brush gets the job done. I have huge eye lids so this brush has replaced my 239 by 90%.... I like how this brush pickup product and I never have product fall down. My eyeshadow adheres to this brush perfectly. the texture of the brush is awesome I have compliants with this brush.

Popular Makeup Brushes