Orly Basket Case

Orly Basket Case

3.7

on 12/29/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great polish if you are looing for a nice sort of "barbie" pink without being too hot or loud. I get lots of compliments on this simple color.

Also something I love about this polish is that it looks fine with ONE coat. I saw someone say that it was streaky for them but I think they either had a bad batch or an old bottle. This goes on nicely with one coat and I really like that because I dont have 30 minutes to sit around painting my nails then letting it dry, and painting them again. Also, this stays looking really nice for about 4-5 days. so this is my go-to polish.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In the bottle I thought this would be a semi light purple pink color. Once on the nails I found it to be much brighter. It turns out more of a bright Barbie pink. Not that that is bad by any means...I just expected something different. I didn't find it to be streaky. I put on a clear base coat, one coat of basket case, and a clear top coat... opaque and lovely! It dries in a decent time (although, I will say that may strongly be because I use an OPI drying spray) It wears well, will last in perfect condition for 5-6 days with no chipping or wearing at the tips. On that note, let me also say that I file my nail beds a tad before I apply polish, it gives the polish a rougher surface to grab onto and makes it last longer. I don't think I will repurchase this particular color, but that isn't to say it isn't worthy of repurchase.... there are just tons and tons of color options out there, this wasn't a particularly unique color that screams to me to repurchase to keep in my collection.

I am having such a hard time getting even coverage with this polish! It's a wonderful glossy hot pink creme but its soo streaky! Even after 2 coats, it leaves gaps and streaks. But I love the color..

Popular Polishes