4.2

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 months ago

I will never go near this again! I'm not unusually sensitive to skin care products, but I had a severe allergic reaction to this cream. I followed the directions to leave on my face for 10 minutes before rinsing well, but as soon as I'd rinsed I felt something was very wrong. My face was red and blotchy and felt very tight and dry. Next morning I awoke with a very swollen, red and itchy face and neck, including swollen eyelids and lips...I had not applied the product in the eye area or to my neck or lips. I rushed to the pharmacy for advice and had to spend over $50 on antihistamine tablets and soothing cream. 2 days later, the itching and swelling are beginning to subside, but my skin feels like sandpaper and is still red.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

a year ago

I bought this product after a year of no chemical exfoliation because I had totally stripped my skin using chemical exfoliants. I took little heed of warnings to use glycolic products infrequently / lightly and ended up totally compromising my skin barrier and still have pretty dry skin as a result. (My skin isn’t even particularly sensitive). Anyway, upon first getting this it seems I had not learned my lesson - I left it on too long (20 mins) and my face was red, irritated, stinging for about an hour after use. Now I use it once a week and leave it on for about 8 minutes and the results are fantastic! It leaves my skin smooth, glowing and bright with no tightness or dryness or irritation. So, great product when used wisely! One tube lasted me 9-12 months used once every 1-2 weeks so the value works out pretty good.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

I have mild rosacea and this product aggravates it. After the first use my whole face was covered in red patches. It also stings, especially around the eyes. It's also too expensive. My skin tone doesn't look more even after it (on the contrary, it looks less even). Also makes my face produce oil like crazy.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

3 years ago

This product helps improve skin texture, gives u a nice beautiful glow ! Works really well

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

from

3 years ago

Like a few here, I bought this on the recommendation of Lisa Eldridge's skin favs video on YouTube. If you've seen her skin, you're probably like me in that you'd essentially buy anything to look like she does! So very glad I settled on buying this, first! It's a HG for me now. I use it every other night (my skin is very, very lazy and needs a lot of help turning over) and it's significantly reduced tightness, dead skin, dullness and breakouts. From my days scrubbing my skin with St. Ives to this -- what a change. Buy it and repurchase. I swear you won't regret it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

from

3 years ago

This is a HG for me. It's gentle, effective and I've repurchased repeatedly. I have dry, sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts and pigmentation. I'm too busy to stick to a regular skincare schedule so I just use this whenever I feel like my skin is looking dull, congested or needing a pick me up. It does make my fine lines more noticeable for a couple of days after using but that's just superficial dehydration. I slather on rose hip oil after I use it to replenish and the combo works for me. Love it.

About reviewer (165 reviews)

Age

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

3 years ago

ABSOLUTELY LOVE. Very wary of using abrasive products on my sensitive skin; this gentle exfoliant works really well in this case. A really thin layer is all you need. Face feels super clean and soft after washing off. I also like Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, but that is more for lazy days. When I have time, I prefer to use Gentle Cream Exfoliant, because skin feels really good after that. It does take away dead skin cells without the damage, I notice blackheads and whiteheads also pop out more easily after using. Sometimes I use a hydrating mask after this. I love Dermalogica products, they are so simple and effective.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium

HairBlond

3 years ago

Bought this after seeing it recommended by Lisa Eldridge - it's fab. Really soft skin afterwards and feel like it clears out and minimises pores. When followed by a nourishing face pack I get loads of compliments on my skin. It's very gentle - I used to buy Apricot scrub which I no longer use because I feel like it scratches the skin. Lisa Eldridge recommends using it twice a week but that's too much for my skin - once a week/fortnight is plenty for me.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I love this product. It's gentle, it's creamy, it's exfoliating. Pure and simple. I use this once a week alternated with a vitamin c mask and I leave it on around 10 minutes after showering. It leaves my skin smooth, plump feeling and very "clean" feeling, but definitely not stripped. I follow this up with a spritz and some face oil and then obviously a good sunscreen. I love the packaging, which is very simple and functional. I've had it around 6 months and I reckon it's still two thirds full. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGray

3 years ago

I like that this product leaves my skin with a glow and is not too drying. I use it twice a week and it helps clear pores/blemishes and leaves my skin looking more even/smooth. I find all Dermalogica products are expensive but that would be my only gripe really. You don't need a lot though so it does last. Make sure you don't leave it on past the recommended time or use it near your eye as it can irritate if you do!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age36-43