Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Diatomaceous Earth, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Papain, Bromelain, Steareth-21, Steareth-2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Lactic Acid, Sulfur, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have mild rosacea and this product aggravates it. After the first use my whole face was covered in red patches. It also stings, especially around the eyes. It's also too expensive. My skin tone doesn't look more even after it (on the contrary, it looks less even). Also makes my face produce oil like crazy.

This product helps improve skin texture, gives u a nice beautiful glow ! Works really well

Like a few here, I bought this on the recommendation of Lisa Eldridge's skin favs video on YouTube. If you've seen her skin, you're probably like me in that you'd essentially buy anything to look like she does! So very glad I settled on buying this, first! It's a HG for me now. I use it every other night (my skin is very, very lazy and needs a lot of help turning over) and it's significantly reduced tightness, dead skin, dullness and breakouts. From my days scrubbing my skin with St. Ives to this -- what a change. Buy it and repurchase. I swear you won't regret it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a HG for me. It's gentle, effective and I've repurchased repeatedly. I have dry, sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts and pigmentation. I'm too busy to stick to a regular skincare schedule so I just use this whenever I feel like my skin is looking dull, congested or needing a pick me up. It does make my fine lines more noticeable for a couple of days after using but that's just superficial dehydration. I slather on rose hip oil after I use it to replenish and the combo works for me. Love it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

ABSOLUTELY LOVE. Very wary of using abrasive products on my sensitive skin; this gentle exfoliant works really well in this case. A really thin layer is all you need. Face feels super clean and soft after washing off. I also like Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, but that is more for lazy days. When I have time, I prefer to use Gentle Cream Exfoliant, because skin feels really good after that. It does take away dead skin cells without the damage, I notice blackheads and whiteheads also pop out more easily after using. Sometimes I use a hydrating mask after this. I love Dermalogica products, they are so simple and effective.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this after seeing it recommended by Lisa Eldridge - it's fab. Really soft skin afterwards and feel like it clears out and minimises pores. When followed by a nourishing face pack I get loads of compliments on my skin. It's very gentle - I used to buy Apricot scrub which I no longer use because I feel like it scratches the skin. Lisa Eldridge recommends using it twice a week but that's too much for my skin - once a week/fortnight is plenty for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love this product. It's gentle, it's creamy, it's exfoliating. Pure and simple. I use this once a week alternated with a vitamin c mask and I leave it on around 10 minutes after showering. It leaves my skin smooth, plump feeling and very "clean" feeling, but definitely not stripped. I follow this up with a spritz and some face oil and then obviously a good sunscreen. I love the packaging, which is very simple and functional. I've had it around 6 months and I reckon it's still two thirds full. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

I like that this product leaves my skin with a glow and is not too drying. I use it twice a week and it helps clear pores/blemishes and leaves my skin looking more even/smooth. I find all Dermalogica products are expensive but that would be my only gripe really. You don't need a lot though so it does last. Make sure you don't leave it on past the recommended time or use it near your eye as it can irritate if you do!

I just threw the rest of this product out because I don't want to risk being tempted to let it near my face again. I have used acids (AHA, PHA, BHA) for years and usually tolerate them well. Buying this I was looking for a slightly stronger, weekly product and this having gotten so many favourable reviews and being called 'gentle' I thought it sounded perfect.

Having used it twice for 10 minutes about 10 days apart my skin shows clear signs of over-exfoliation (I have experienced this before so I know how my skin reacts), it looks raw, all imperfections look a lot worse, I break out (and not in a 'purging' way, new lesions in new places) and some of my other products I've had no problem with now sting upon application. I've previously used the REN Glycolactic mask without any issues as well as enzyme products so I think this product is just to strong for me. I don't have very sensitive skin usually so this product might not be as 'gentle' on everyone as it seems.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Used this product for the first time yesterday while whatching the England - Iceland match, so left the mask on for more time than recomenden because i had no time to wash it of during the match.

My skin got much more even after using it and it's super smooth to. I've got combination skin and I think its a perfect mask for that kind of skin.

Used dermalogica multivitamin power recovery masque afterwards.