Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant

4.2

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Diatomaceous Earth, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Papain, Bromelain, Steareth-21, Steareth-2, Cetearyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Lactic Acid, Sulfur, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 80, Disodium EDTA, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I just threw the rest of this product out because I don't want to risk being tempted to let it near my face again. I have used acids (AHA, PHA, BHA) for years and usually tolerate them well. Buying this I was looking for a slightly stronger, weekly product and this having gotten so many favourable reviews and being called 'gentle' I thought it sounded perfect.

Having used it twice for 10 minutes about 10 days apart my skin shows clear signs of over-exfoliation (I have experienced this before so I know how my skin reacts), it looks raw, all imperfections look a lot worse, I break out (and not in a 'purging' way, new lesions in new places) and some of my other products I've had no problem with now sting upon application. I've previously used the REN Glycolactic mask without any issues as well as enzyme products so I think this product is just to strong for me. I don't have very sensitive skin usually so this product might not be as 'gentle' on everyone as it seems.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Used this product for the first time yesterday while whatching the England - Iceland match, so left the mask on for more time than recomenden because i had no time to wash it of during the match.

My skin got much more even after using it and it's super smooth to. I've got combination skin and I think its a perfect mask for that kind of skin.

Used dermalogica multivitamin power recovery masque afterwards.

To Read all 193 Reviews, Login or Join

Where to begin... Okay so back story: around the end of last year my face decided to break out. Majorly. Everything not in the direct vicinity of my nose and eyes was a pimply mess. Which isn't in itself unusual except that throughout ALL of my teen years the most zits I'd had at one time was probably 5. So to say I was ill equipped to deal with this sudden explosion would be an understatement.
Long story short after what felt like hundreds of products none of which did anything good I was pretty desperate so I bit the bullet and splurged on this ~magical~ cream not exactly expecting much but willing to be surprised. (I should mention I was a bit apprehensive spending so much because I suffer from allergies to anything and everything.)
It's now been 2 weeks of applying every 3 days. And holy macaroni my face! not only is it substantially less lobsterish in hue, no new zits have appeared and my skin is smoothing at an alarming rate and I'm not allergic! I think I'm in love.

So enough about me, what about the product? the first thing I noticed was the smell, it's not exactly pleasant but it isn't unbearable and I got used to it pretty much immediately after the initial shock. The tingling when you first apply it is quite frankly addictive and I find the effect is more intense on more aggravated skin. Also very surprised how far this spreads. I thought 75ml was robbery at that price but you only need the tiniest bit so I'm well pleased. I guess only time will tell if it clears my skin completely and makes it entirely loverly but for now I'm just so chuffed. Wow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm using this exfoliator for about a month, twice a week. The packaging is nice. It comes in a tube. The consistency is cream like, which have to apply in a thin layer leaving the eye area. It gives a tingling sensation. I keep it for 20-25 mins and then wash it off. Next day my face glows and looks really fresh. However it breaks me out. Every time I use it next day I see few pimples. Given the price I'll finish this tube but I'll not repurchase it. If you don't have acne problem it may just work fine.

Worth every cent. Makes me skin feel and look so clear! I try use twice a week. Just don't put it around eyes and lips where you're sensitive as it might tingle a little. I rub it into my skin, I use a lot around my jaw line where I get hormonal breakouts. Really freshens your skin and eats away old dead buildup and dirt. LOVE THIS!

OMG it makes me have baby skin again. Ever since i quit on birth control, my skin has become horrible.

I never purchase Dermalogica because i work for their competition.
Now on amazon prime...i just can't resist.

packaging smaller than i thought.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Really, really good. One of my beauty routine staples and something I always return to.

It does sting a little occasionally when you put it on, but it doesn't cause any long term redness. You only need a thin layer so a tube goes a long way.

Anyhow, when its rinsed off I find my skin looking clearer and calmer, and feeling like velvet. Even using it once every few weeks I find it helps my skincare work more effectively and my makeup goes on much better too. An absolute must have.

I purchased the Gentle Cream Exfoliant from Dermalogica after having my face mapped at David Jones. I have sensitive/combination skin - some bits are dry, some bits are oily and some bits just loooove making those stupid blind tiny white pimples that don't go away. Oh yeah and I also get giant ones sometimes. And blackheads.

ANYWAY I LOVE this product!!!! I try to use it when I'm in the bath and my face is sweating heaps because I think it helps the product to work better. It does mean that I get drippy sweat with product in it dropping down my face but it never goes near my eyes (DO NOT PUT THIS PRODUCT NEAR YOUR SENSITIVE EYES). After I wash it off (after about 12 mins - I allow 2 mins to apply to face, neck and chest) my skin is sooooo soft and looks great!!! Is usually do this at night and then put on whatever treatment I want and go to bed and the next day ta da my skin is beautiful!!!

Please go and see someone from Dermalogica and get them to face map you. They will know if this product is right for you (obviously everyone can be wrong sometimes). Also follow instructions religiously!

Do not do this after you have shaved your face if you do that - way too much exfoliation (unless your skin is super tough)

Likewise I'm not sure if this is good if you're using a strong retinol product? I've never used one but it could be too much for the skin.

And also remember to wear sunscreen because your baby soft skin will be extra susceptible to sun damage. Also who the flip wants to pay like $70 for a product and then ruin it by getting sun damage?

Another great thing about Dermalogica (I'm not sure if this happens everywhere but in Chadstone, Melbourne it does) when you spend over $150 (easy to do) you get a free 45 min facial catered to your skin!!! AMAZING!!! I am always strategic about when I buy my products so I can get a facial.

P.s. This lasts me months and months and I use it at least once a week.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

To me ... using this once a week is like having a new face weekly , it contains my favorite skincare ingredient which is Lactic acid in it , can't live without it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

As a loyal Dermalogica user for years, this is without a doubt one of the brand's BEST products, I can never be without it. Being 40 yrs old and starting to look my age, this treatment used weekly absolutely performs. Instantly improves texture and refreshes dull looking skin, also seems to tighten as well. Even though it is suggested not to be used around the eyes, with careful application, helps to diminish fine lines. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!! I pray it is never discontinued...

Popular Treatments (Face)