Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

3.8

Petrolatum, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Cotton Seed Oil.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As much as I wanted to love this since its a rosebud color, I didn't :(

Broke me out with little zits every time. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why and where they were coming from and then I realized it was only after i had used this product. Will not rebuy since it broke me out but if it doesn't break you out, I highly recommend to anyone!

on 6/13/2016 9:54:00 PM

The only lip balm I will use. I was using plain Vaseline up until I found this guy because I can't stand all the overpriced lip balms that do nothing but dry out my lips even more! This smells lovely, feels wonderfully smooth on my lips and keeps my lips soft and hydrated. Wonderful product!

To Read all 2287 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the best lip balm I've ever used. I have full lips, so it's necessary that my lips are hydrated at all times, especially in the winter. It leaves my lips kissable, smooth, and moisturized with a hint of pink. The scent equates to the scent of a rose. It may be expensive for a lip balm to some people, but the amount of product in the tin lasts forever. I've been using this product for months and I have yet to hit pan, unlike tube lip balms that lasts a month for me due to my constant use of lip balm. The packaging is cute and compact. However, it takes me a while to open it, but it's a small price to pay for such an amazing product. I will definitely continue to use it and purchase it when I run out.

on 5/28/2016 5:58:00 PM

I love it. That and the good old vaseline, is good for my lips.

I like the scent of roses. And you have to have clean fingers before you use it.

I like the old look of the tin, but you have to be careful it doesn´t melt, in the summer.

on 5/22/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got this after hearing rave reviews and it's nice but like, "ok-nice". Partly because I wanted it for my purse. Stupid idea I guess but especially stupid in the desert, it melted before I even got home. So now it's just staying on my counter which is fine but I didn't really need one for home. I really didn't need any lol but I wanted to try it out and see what the hype was about.

I do think it feels nice and I don't love or hate the smell. The packaging is cute and I like that it's wider, but it's not for travel. I thought about getting the tube for my purse but then I thought, you know what? I'm gonna go back to my Blistex DHC which I love and has spf anyway and it's much cheaper. That's also in a tub but it's a screw top and I've never had an issue with it melting. (The only con for that is it's so narrow and I tend to apply lip-to-product. Just preference.) So I'll use this but I won't repurchase. To be totally honest I think it's nice on the lips but I don't think it's any amazing hydration as far as I notice, not much more than other petroleum based products and at a lot higher of a cost.

But I did want to add that for those who like this type of consistency and minimal ingredients but don't like the smell, try Vaseline Cocoa Butter formula. NOT regular, it has to be the cocoa butter because the additional oil in products like this it makes it more spreadable and less thick. I often just scoop some into an old, clean Sephora sample pot with the snap lid and voila, travel lip balm. (This is the reason I didn't need an at-home one, I have a giant tub of Cocoa Butter Vaseline and they moisturize about the same. The vaseline might even be better). I also do prefer SPF for day because of the climate I live in.

on 5/2/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of my two HG lip balms.

Pros:

• Spreads so smoothly on my lips
• Flavourless
• Pretty but subtle rose smell
• Truly hydrating
• Occlusive properties

Cons:
• Packaging can be unhygienic if you're not careful

My other HG is NUXE Rêve de Miel Ultra Nourishing Lip Balm.

This is another lip balm that I absolutely adore. This is a staple for me.

on 4/27/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m on my third tin of this amazing stuff and it will always be my absolute favorite lip balm. Put simply, it works like a good balm should...

It has a very pleasant old-fashioned scent that really shouldn’t be offensive to anyone around you as it fades rather quickly. The texture is ultra smooth like butter, although you think it would be just plain greasy, it’s almost a creamy feel. There’s a subtle petal pink tint that makes you lips look very alive, but never appears as though you’re actually wearing anything to enhance the color on purpose. The performance is for real: it works quickly and effectively, helping my lips when they are at their worst, driest, and most painful. I apply it faithfully every night before bed and then the next day my lips are soft and comfortable. Some may not like the tin as it seems unsanitary but I love the formula so much that I wouldn’t want to use anything else. What I love most of all is knowing that there is a balm out there that is inexpensive and reliable, something that has been around for decades and has continued to be something that is basically infallible as a trustworthy product. I’ll continue to stock my purse and nightstand with this as long as I can.

on 4/27/2016 4:36:00 AM

Honestly, the smell isn't for me. I don't really mind too much the fact that it's like tinted vaseline, it's moisturizing enough for me, but I'm really not a fan of the smell, and I wish it lasted longer. It's ingredients aren't that good either.

I don't think it's worth it, and I won't be repurchasing. The packaging is pretty though.

I read the ingredients. It's garbage in a tub. You'd be better off buying an eos. Eos is actually hydrating to the lips and doesn't just coat me with petroleum.

Popular Lip Treatments