Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)
Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)Rosebud Salve Original

3.8

Petrolatum, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Cotton Seed Oil.

on 9/14/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Like many others I've tried dozens of lip balms and this is by far my favorite. I didnt believe the hype at first but I have very dry lips and this works instantly. I love the smell, the packaging, and the slight gloss it leaves on the lips. Its super hydrating and worth every penny.

on 8/23/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing special here -- it does a decent job at sealing in moisture, but you'd get the same results from using plain vaseline for way cheaper, plus then you wouldn't have to deal with Eau de Grandma.

I've tried all three popular Smith's balms and this is how I rank them against each other:

1. Strawberry: unnoticeable color, tolerable scent, best/firmest texture, best formula by a mile thanks to lanolin and beeswax. Love it.
2. Original/Rosebud: unnoticeable color, worst scent, runny texture, mediocre formula. Eh.
3. Minted rose: good color BUT bad scent, runny texture and worst formula

My advice: go with the strawberry. Lanolin is bae.

on 4/27/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What took me so long to buy this product?!

Back in middle school, when Gossip Girl was all the rage, so was this salve. This product was featured on every HG list on every magazine. Fast forward a few years later, I just tossed this into my cart at checkout.

I don't regret it. The texture is jelly-like (but also somehow oily?!) and it's so emollient but slick on the lips. It really hydrates and seals in moisture for quite a long time. I could also see this being used to moisturizer cuticles, cracked heels, and all sorts of things. There's also a gentle rose scent, and it hydrates SO well that it lifts dead skin - definitely recommend this if you want gentle lip exfoliation too!

EDIT: I suffered an allergic reaction on my skin and spread some salve on where it started to blister - this helped soothe the irritation and itchiness and keep the area from drying out. Definitely love how this is multi-purpose!

on 12/17/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the smell. Non sticky. Moisturizing. However i still have to keep reapplying it few times in a day but that isn't an issue

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Such a good product. It smells amazing and it's packaging is cute but a bit unsanitary. I always have problems with lip balm because my lips are so dry but this actually keeps them smooth. It's also very lightweight

on 10/15/2017 10:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I don't love the packaging on this, it melted during shipping but luckily it's greasy/squishy enough that I could push it back together (sort of). This reminds me a lot of aquaphor in that it's feels like a more slippery vaseline, I don't find it as nourishing as aquaphor but I do like it better on my lips. The shine and lovely rose scent is very nice. I don't really see much pink tint on my lips but it's pretty in the tin. Would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

BEST LIP BALM EVER. makes your lips glossy and slightly pink without them being sticky. and lasts a long long time.

on 7/16/2017 9:23:00 AM

It's my go to lip balm. I have the other versions as well but I believe the original one is the best. It really moisturises my lips. Also the packaging is very authentic. It would be very suitable for teenagers and younger girls(or boys) to wear on a daily basis as well.

on 5/13/2017 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Prefer Nivea lip butter in any flavor to this. This migrates off of the lips. It is greasy and shiny, kind of like Vaseline. Applies clear. I have deeply pigmented lips and Nivea lip butter also tones them down in a flattering way -- slight white cast when you overapply). I do prefer this to Nuxe honey balm, but the citrus in Nuxe irritated my lips. I will say that because of the texture of the rosebud salve, your finger ends up picking up more than you need, so you go through it faster than a smaller tin of Nivea. I do use the excess salve for cuticles and don't mind the tin -- I just keep tins for home use.

on 4/22/2017 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product and its multiple uses. The price is reasonable, $7. What I don't like is the size. I had read about it on Pinterest before buying, however, since it is multipurpose, I guess I was expecting a larger container.

Top Rated Lip Treatments