Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)

Smith's Rosebud Salve Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)
Smith's Rosebud Salve (tin)Rosebud Salve Original

3.8

Petrolatum, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Cotton Seed Oil.

on 2/13/2017 4:38:00 PM

True HG lip balm product! 💋 This is moisturizing enough for the most intense winter weather, yet doesn't feel sticky or heavy, and light enough for application year round. I'm obsessed with the Rose scent and slight gloss as well!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this. Its super thick. I love using it overnight, theres usually still some on my lips the next morning. I also like using a thin layer of this underneath liquid lipsticks.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Found this years ago and had to have a tin of it stashed everywhere! I had forgotten about it because recently I discovered a lip treatment that I like, but just today my lips dried out like crazy! I remembered I had some of this in my nightstand drawer and slathered it on in high hopes of relief... It did not fail me! Almost instantly my lips were smooth and soft again! Never again will I forget about this salve! It's a Godsend!

on 12/28/2016 6:54:00 PM

I don't really see the hype it worked for a bit but my lips were still chapped I like my EOS balm better ... for me anyways... price is normal anything under 10 bucks is a thumbs up for me.. packaging is ehhh it opened on me once inside my purse soooo yea a sticky ass mess!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a cult product, so I was excited to use it. It works, but on closer inspection, it's just petroleum and cotton seed oil. Why did I spend $7 on what's essentially Vaseline? Feels like a ripoff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This never previously appealed to me and I wish I listened to my gut on this. But, because of the matte lip trend I have been trying several moisturizing lip products. This will make your lips feels soft, no doubt about that. However, it is a very greasy feeling. And obviously if your nose is sensitive to scents, this has a rose scent that is pretty pungent and lingers.

One other note for me is the tin. Again, I should have known better. The tin is a pain to open (coupled with the fact that mine apparently sat on a UPS truck all day in the heat and humidity, and some of the product seeped out, making it almost impossible to open the tin. Took me a good 2 or 3 minutes. Ugh). For me, the softness versus the messy application and the greasy feeling is not worth it. I would say use good old Vaseline for a fraction of the price and an easier container to open. But I guess for those who like the vintage feel or something grandma would use type product, this is great. Kidding aside, I am sure this (obviously) works great for some. For me it is a pass.

on 8/25/2016 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I was addicted from the first application; it smells and looks like Turkish Delight, feels like Jelly and moisturises like NO other! However, for the price, I will not be repurchasing. I expected this to work wonders, and when I say that I mean not having to re-apply every couple of hours (used up the tube quickly). Yes I do suffer from dehydrated skin/ lips however I was using this alternatively with Lucas PawPaw , Elizabeth 8 Hour Cream and Maybeline Baby Lips, and felt they all performed relatively the same when it came to longevity, although Maybeline is obviously considerably cheaper in price!! AND I love how their balms are tinted in colour :)

I think I will miss the scent and feeling of this more than anything else, but price point prevails here!! Wish I had a difference experience :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As much as I wanted to love this since its a rosebud color, I didn't :(

Broke me out with little zits every time. For the longest time I couldn't figure out why and where they were coming from and then I realized it was only after i had used this product. Will not rebuy since it broke me out but if it doesn't break you out, I highly recommend to anyone!

on 6/13/2016 9:54:00 PM

The only lip balm I will use. I was using plain Vaseline up until I found this guy because I can't stand all the overpriced lip balms that do nothing but dry out my lips even more! This smells lovely, feels wonderfully smooth on my lips and keeps my lips soft and hydrated. Wonderful product!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is the best lip balm I've ever used. I have full lips, so it's necessary that my lips are hydrated at all times, especially in the winter. It leaves my lips kissable, smooth, and moisturized with a hint of pink. The scent equates to the scent of a rose. It may be expensive for a lip balm to some people, but the amount of product in the tin lasts forever. I've been using this product for months and I have yet to hit pan, unlike tube lip balms that lasts a month for me due to my constant use of lip balm. The packaging is cute and compact. However, it takes me a while to open it, but it's a small price to pay for such an amazing product. I will definitely continue to use it and purchase it when I run out.