Smith's Rosebud Salve Rosebud Salve

Smith's Rosebud Salve Rosebud Salve
Rosebud SalveRosebud Salve Original

3.8

Petrolatum, Aromol (blend of 7 rose essential oils), Cotton Seed Oil.

I have kept the same tin of Smiths Rosebud Salve in Rose and Mandarin next to my bed for over five years and I am now only seeing the bottom of the tin. I use it every night before bed, and my lips are never chapped. The tin is pretty and retro, and looks nice sitting there next to my lamp. Happy face.

on 1/27/2019 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A really nice petroleum-jelly based balm. Has a nice rose scent. The only issue I have is the jar package but they do offer a tube which is really great! I agree with previous reviewer that the Strawberry version is much better than this one - it has a thicker texture and has lanolin as the second ingredient which actually helps heal your lips.. Also smells better.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I NEVER leave the house without this!! Gives my lipstick a pop and keeps my lips soft ๐Ÿ˜˜

on 1/19/2019 4:29:00 PM

This product may be a bit more expensive than other lip balms but one tin has lasted me YEARS. In addition to moisturizing my lips, it adds a very subtle pink tint on my lips. Plus, I like that it is cruelty-free and I also believe that is vegan-friendly. The only reason why I wouldn't give it 5 stars is that it is not appropriate for cold weather as it moisturizes very lightly.

my favorite lip balm ever. the consistency is a lot like vaseline, but itโ€™s much more lightweight. you get a lot of product for such a low price the scent and packaging are everything. it also adds a really pretty tint on your lips 10/10 recommend

on 9/14/2018 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Like many others I've tried dozens of lip balms and this is by far my favorite. I didnt believe the hype at first but I have very dry lips and this works instantly. I love the smell, the packaging, and the slight gloss it leaves on the lips. Its super hydrating and worth every penny.

on 8/23/2018 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nothing special here -- it does a decent job at sealing in moisture, but you'd get the same results from using plain vaseline for way cheaper, plus then you wouldn't have to deal with Eau de Grandma.

I've tried all three popular Smith's balms and this is how I rank them against each other:

1. Strawberry: unnoticeable color, tolerable scent, best/firmest texture, best formula by a mile thanks to lanolin and beeswax. Love it.
2. Original/Rosebud: unnoticeable color, worst scent, runny texture, mediocre formula. Eh.
3. Minted rose: good color BUT bad scent, runny texture and worst formula

My advice: go with the strawberry. Lanolin is bae.

on 4/27/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What took me so long to buy this product?!

Back in middle school, when Gossip Girl was all the rage, so was this salve. This product was featured on every HG list on every magazine. Fast forward a few years later, I just tossed this into my cart at checkout.

I don't regret it. The texture is jelly-like (but also somehow oily?!) and it's so emollient but slick on the lips. It really hydrates and seals in moisture for quite a long time. I could also see this being used to moisturizer cuticles, cracked heels, and all sorts of things. There's also a gentle rose scent, and it hydrates SO well that it lifts dead skin - definitely recommend this if you want gentle lip exfoliation too!

EDIT: I suffered an allergic reaction on my skin and spread some salve on where it started to blister - this helped soothe the irritation and itchiness and keep the area from drying out. Definitely love how this is multi-purpose!

on 12/17/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the smell. Non sticky. Moisturizing. However i still have to keep reapplying it few times in a day but that isn't an issue

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

Such a good product. It smells amazing and it's packaging is cute but a bit unsanitary. I always have problems with lip balm because my lips are so dry but this actually keeps them smooth. It's also very lightweight