Tocca Cleopatra EDP

Tocca Cleopatra EDP

3.7

on 12/6/2016 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this in a sample pack with Guiletta and Florence, and it is my least favorite. It is very patchouli based and masculine, which I cannot pull off and completely clashes with my personality/chemistry. The other two are lovely, and this would probably be a lovely fragrance on a different woman. As with most perfumes I don't like on me, it has very good staying power on me. If you like patchouli, give this a go.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am surprised how well I like this. Comforting, light, not overpowering, clean, inviting, with a touch of warmth. I detect a bit of sweetness but not overly sweet nor sickeningly sweet. Feminine but not too girly. Just lovely. I think this is a 'safe' fragrance to wear amongst people, as it is light. Surprisingly, for being such a light and soft fragrance, this lasts on me all day, and the dry down smells pretty much the same as when first applied (I spray and 'walk into' the fragrance, so it does not mix with my skin chemistry so much). To me this strikes me as sort of a 'mom perfume' (as in good, soft, comforting, calming sort of way) but, of course, anyone can obviously wear this.

The bottle is also lovely. Pretty without 'trying to hard,' which to me, also could describe the fragrance. The only thing keeping me from rating this a perfect 5 stars/5 lippies/whatever, is that this fragrance seems not that unique. It is lovely and safe and all of that, but it seems to me there are other fragrances out there very similar. Still, this performs very well and is a solid, lovely, feminine perfume, safe for the office or school or church or gatherings. I think this would be good year-round, as well. Just a solid perfume and I can see this being great for days that I do not know 'what' fragrance to wear. Safe and solid and lasts all day. I will say this has a bit of a strong alcohol scent to this when first applied, but that quickly dissipates. Then it dries down to soft feminine loveliness. Very pretty, and solid-performing, if not terribly unique of a scent. I like it well enough to repurchase.

on 2/17/2016 2:26:00 PM

I love this fragrance. At first I was a bit worried that it would go too sweet or green on me, but it's much the opposite. On me, this fades to a soft white floral musky scent, very reminiscent of a diluted and faded version of Narciso Rodriguez or SJP Lovely. While this scent does fade considerably after application, I like it for that reason to wear when I only want a little bit of scent (fragrance sensitive worksites, etc.) that isn't terribly noticeable. The price is a bit steep for my liking, but I also don't use this all the time, so I suppose that helps.

on 1/12/2016 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Delicious and fruity top note - with a green heart. I love Cleopatra but I like Stella even better - and for the very high price one bottle is quite enough.

on 11/4/2015 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This smells like an upmarket version of the Pear Fantasy body sprays from a few years back. Opens a bit green but smooths down after a while.
I don't find it special, but it is light and pretty. On my skin it doesn't last long, on clothes it fares much better. I got a deluxe sample but no plans at all to purchase.
I can't believe it's sold as an EDP, to me it's a toilette....

Ahhh this one is refreshing and sexy and a bit green and a bit musky and sweet all rolled into one! I don't feel particularly Cleopatra-like when I wear it, but I think that is because it's more green and less spicy than I imagine when I picture Cleopatra. But I digress!

This is my favorite of the Tocca Girls! She is sweet and musky and the patchouli and cassis keep her from being TOO MUCH. I can't handle too much musk, and this one has just the right amount. I can see this being universally liked, yet it's still so interesting. It reminds me faintly of a Bathed and Infused (etailer) scent I loved years ago, and for that alone I'd stay stocked up as they are no longer around.

This one is easy to try for very little money, I say go for it! :)
(crosspost)

I have a sample of Tocca Cleopatra in the Sephora spicy perfume package point perks, it came with Narcisso Rodriguez for Her EDT and Dolce by Dolce&Cabbana of the 3 i like Cleopatra more, then come NR and last Dolce. Cleopatra is a white floral with a nice musk and patchouli dry down. it is well compose but it just doesn't bring anything new. I do not know if the bottle cost more then the other 2 but even if it is a couple of dollar more or less it doesn't matter I will never spend money for a perfume that smell like 10 other fragrances.

on 5/27/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This scent has grown on me. At first spray it smells like grapefruit and cucumber. Once it has been on a few minutes I begin to smell some light flowers and those settle into more of a light musk similar to Narciso Rodriguez but not nearly as heavy. This musk is why these two fragrances are compared to each other but I hated Narcisco Rodriguez because it smelled like an old lady to me and love this one. The grapefruit and cucumber in this one keep it young and the musk is not as heavy. I am probably most impressed by the lasting power of this. I can still easily smell it the next day.

on 4/14/2015 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to write a review for this scent I really like, but then I read the review by lattevaniglia and I think that there is nothing to add: great description, I agree 100%, and I appreciate it even more because it has been written by a young lady. BTW I can't stand when a perfume is described as an "old lady" scent.

on 4/3/2015 10:12:00 PM

This perfume is very powdery for me. The initial notes are okay, but it transforms into a very powdery perfume after a few minutes that just lasts and lasts. I get really bored with this after about an hour. I love the design of Tocca perfumes which are very elegant and well-suited for vanity display. I would not repurchase this scent because I do not find it memorable.

Popular Fragrances