L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Hair Treatment

L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Hair Treatment

4.4

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Trideceth-12, Sunflower Seed Oil, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Yellow 5.

on 6/11/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Yes...give it to me baby. This stuff is seriously the STRONGEST moisturizing treatment I have ever used. Yes it's chocked full of silicones but if you can't handle the heat then don't buy it. It's amazing because I have fine hair and I can use this every time I wash because it's SUPER damaged and needs a strong treatment like this. I don't understand how it makes my hair feel so soft and amazing but it works!

on 12/31/2015 3:12:00 PM

New look, same packaging (comes in that tub) but still same amazing product. I REALLY REALLY LIKE this stuff- I use it as an everyday conditioner in the shower. I have a bad habit of needing to wash my hair every single day or I feel gross, and needless to say, that has done a deal of damage to my hair. Not to mention, that's on top of bleaching my Asian hair at least once a year. However, whenever I use this conditioner my hair is so manageable and soft in the shower and even after when I'm combing it out!! I notice such a huge difference between using this and the Dove conditioner (meh) that my mom leaves in the shower for her to use. My college roommate borrowed this once during the semester to use on her super damaged hair and she bought a tub right after because it really does make a difference. Try it out, doubt you will be disappointed! Be careful not to drop the tub or you WILL lose a good amount of conditioner and be sad like I was.

To Read all 232 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

A few years ago I damaged my hair to the point I had to cut it to my shoulders after it was about 25inches long. (Due to over dying and frying my hair) So I went to sallys and this was one of the products I picked up, I think it was about $10-$12 for 16 oz. (which is worth it because it lasts a very long time) My hair is curly and naturally a little dry so when my hair was damaged this made it smooth and manageable. It smells amazing, It's a medium to thick consistency. I leave it in my hair all night then wash it out the next morning I find that works the best. This is well worth your money especially if your hair is dry and damaged because it's specifically for dry damaged chemically treated hair. Pick it up you won't be disappointed!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is amazing for thick frizzy hair. It will calm it down plus it is cheap. you can find at Sally's.

on 9/7/2014 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of my favorite conditioner/treatments! You can use it either as an everyday conditioner after shampooing (leave it on for a few minutes), OR you can use it as a deep moisturizing treatment (apply it onto dry hair, cap, and leave on for 30-90min)! Either way, it works wonders on my fine, thin, color-damaged hair.. LOVE this stuff! I have only found this product at Sally's Beauty Store...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best shampoo and conditioner I have Tryed yet!! I have very dry damaged hair due to coloring and styling ! These products make my hair feel so smooth and healthy!! They do not weigh my hair down at all I just love them!!

on 7/10/2013 11:32:00 PM

I'm a repeat buyer of this product. If your hair has suffered damage from over-processing, like mine, give this a try. It saved my dry hair & gave it back the moisture I needed to manage. Yes, it does coat your hair somewhat with repeated use, but a clarifying shampoo once a week does the trick nicely. I will always have this in my beauty aresenal!

I am on a search for a new shampoo & conditioner after Redken All Soft's formula was dramatically altered at the beginning of 2012 (they took out avocado oil and put in argan oil, and my hair does not do well with that new formula).

In the last month, I have tried quite a number of other brands' "moisturizing" shampoos/conditioners - with no luck. (My reviews of some of the other product lines that I've tried recently can be found in my MUA profile.)

My experience of L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Shampoo and the matching Conditioner/Treatment/Creme (which have different listings on MUA, but appear to be the very same thing):

The day of the first wash with the Nature's Therapy, my hair looked great - shiny, smoothed down, but not lank or dark -- it was on a par with how the All Soft made it look. It did not make my hair feel as soft as the All Soft had made it feel, though - it felt a little stiff. At bedtime, the top two inches of my hair appeared somewhat oily, but I do have oily hair and this happens sometimes. I was really hoping that this could be a workable replacement for the old All Soft products.

The next day, in the first few hours after the second wash, my hair seemed fine... it had some volume, it was again smooth and shiny. I became even more optimistic that I'd found a shampoo/conditioner that would work okay for me. However, at the end of that day, my hair looked and felt like it had been dipped in plastic - it was definitely coated. My scalp oil was on overdrive, with a huge oil slick at the top of my hair. There were multiple pimples forming on my scalp.

These products are WAY too coating for my hair -- which is no surprise, since they are designed for hair that needs extreme help.

The heavy moisturization offered by L'Oreal Nature's Therapy would be perfect for very damaged hair, coarse hair, etc.

I think they are good products that do what they claim to do. I would give them 4 out of 5 stars in general, but for me personally, I'll have to give it 1 star.

My hair does appear to need a certain kind of high-moisturization.

It's also very reactive to tiny differences in shampoos - slightly more oil than it likes makes it go lank, limp, dark, frizzy and static-y; slightly more protein than it likes makes the strands permanently curl up or get crazy permanent kinks in them - and then break off a few days later; slightly more silicones than it likes makes it feel stiff and rough, and look like it has been sprayed with clear glossy spraypaint.

I have a decent idea about silicones and proteins and oils, but I don't have a chemistry degree, so I'm not exactly sure what ingredients I need to be searching for!

If anyone here can explain to me specifically what chemical ingredients it sounds like my hair likes/dislikes, or if anyone knows of a currently-sold shampoo/conditioner that are similar to the discontinued old-formula Redken All Soft, please leave me a message here at MUA.

on 2/14/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm really suprised about this product, I bought it knowing that the ingredients (behetrimonium chloride) would more than likely build up on my hair as I've seen it with Aveeno Nourish Leave in Conditioner, John Friedas go blonder Conditioner and Garnier Pure Clean conditioner.

It doesn't build up on my hair, not even after 1 month STRAIGHT of usage. Yay right? I think the biggest cons is the packaging, its kinda hard to scoop it out of the container while your showering.

But for the most part, it does seem to moisturize my hair really well despite the cone thats in it, and it gives my hair a really nice slip to it which I love. I have really fine thin hair and it doesn't even make it heavy or anything. The smell is fine, I don't think its bad, it is a kind of a green apple smell. Overall its a pretty good product.

I have extremely damaged hair. I bleached it 3 times in 2 days to get it from dyed black to blonde so I could dye it read. After I was done my bottom layer broke off about 5 inches. So after that I packed up my hair tools and went out and bought several hair treatments and better conditioners. I found this at sally's and its great! It's greatly moisturized my hair since all the damage happened. It's about $12 and it's a decent sized tub. (which some people may not be to fond of) But I found it easy to use because I can control the amount better than with a bottle. It also leaves a nice, light scent in your hair. I use it almost everyday as a conditioner for extra conditioning and it seems to work well for my thin hair. Overall a great product that I will repurchase.

Popular Hair Treatments

Dabur Amla Oil
Dabur Amla Oil
Viviscal
Viviscal

Video Reviews & Tutorials

L'oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Hair Treatment Review by starlitmakeupchick