no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

9 years ago

Tried a bottle since lately my skin has been on the dehydrated side. The girl at the counter matched my skin tone and when I went home, it is not bad *a tad bit too warm for me though. It might be better when I get a bit more tan but I don't usually tan much! As for the formula, I am not sure. I am not a fan of the smell, quite chemically. The coverage is med/buildable however for a long day, I don't feel too comfy. It's like a film sitting on my skin which is not how I would like to keep my skin hydrated. I might just give this to my mom who has more mature skin but it might be a bit dark for her. Who knows?

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I'm on my third bottle of this foundation and I love it. The price point is great for the amount of product you are getting. The foundation is also buildable - you can apply as much as necessary for a natural look or a night out. I have had no problems with this breaking me out or giving me any skin issues - I would actually say that this has improved my skin (I think NARS puts skin benefiting products in their foundation). I set it with a loose powder (MUFE HD Powder) and it pretty much lasts all day for me with no touch ups. NARS also has a lot of shades to choose from. This is my HG for now. I have tried the Firming Foundation as well, but I didn't see any additional benefits that convinced me to shell out 20 dollars more.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Most of my makeup bag is NARS products. I think that they do colour very well, and their foundations are no exception. They have a wide range of colours available, which makes me very very happy because I can't always find the right shade for my super pale, yellow-undertone Asian skin. I got this foundation in Fiji, which suits my skin very well when it is first applied, but I noticed that it dried a touch darker. I would say that this is medium to heavy coverage (when built up), and as I don't wear foundation very much I could feel it on my skin constantly. Having said that, if you are looking for good coverage, this foundation would do it very well. It didn't slip or get patchy even after a long night of dancing (and sweating!), and looks absolutely amazing in pictures. This is the foundation I use when I want a little heavier coverage than normal.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

10 years ago

I have this, love it, will buy again. Great pigment, great texture. I just set it with a bit of powder and am good to go. It does not sit in wrinkles or pores and blends well... I have dry skin, so I don't have oil complaints that others have had..

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

10 years ago

I find that this foundation dries very quickly. Not the best to apply. It feels light though, and goes on matte but I would not buy it again.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2.0

11 years ago

I bought this in the shade st tropez and the colour is PERFECT for me.. i have a hard time finding foundations with the right yellow/olive undertones but this seemed just right. However it seems lately i'm very easily swayed by a foundation if its a nice olive colour instead of how good a foundation it is! I used it with my smashbox light primer and it look pretty shiney straight away so i set it with a little clinique powder. I checked it an hour or so later and my face was an oily mess!! And my skin really isn't THAT oily.. Very disappointed :( but i love the shade! I may try the oil free version but i'm dying to get my hands on laura merciers oil free foundation first!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

11 years ago

wowowow garbage garbage! i was using Make Up For Ever's HD foundation, which i liked, but I like to try new things. I happened upon Nars foundation. I wanted to love it, since I think their color products are wonderful, very pigmented and color payoff is great compared to other brands, however... this was probably the worst foundation I have ever tried. When the girl put it on my face, it looked okay in the store, but the next day when I added it to my make up routine, it pretty much emphasized every dry patch of skin, line, imperfection, etc on my face. I put on be mineral veil thinking it would soften the foundation, and sometimes I feel foundation needs a little time to "melt" into your skin. Wow, was I wrong. I was a scaly dry patchy mess the entire day. I felt really self conscious, and I had to go to the po after work, and I didn't even want to because people would be looking at my face! So maybe I thought it was the primer, so the next day I skipped the primer, and again, horrible. So bad I took off the foundation and redid my entire face (which I have never in my life before did) Maybe its my skin, maybe its the foundation, but definitely try to get a sample if you want to check it out, but I do not recommend. The bottle itself is also poor packaging. The foundation gets all over on the inside of the cap, and I didnt like that either. Anyway, boo! :(

About reviewer (33 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

1.0

11 years ago

I am a lover of all things NARS (read my reviews) but I must advise against this foundation for one important reason: the second listed ingredient is mineral oil!! Mineral oil is notorious for clogging pores and causing break-outs, even on normal skin. Do a Google search on this stuff and you will see. I am shocked that NARS would use such an awful ingredient and then have the nerve to charge so much money for it. JUST SAY NO!!!!

About reviewer (73 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrown

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I apply this balanced foundation with no tools, just fingertips. It provides medium coverage, yet does not look mask-like or unnatural, even in the harshest lighting because your skin is still visible through it. It provides enough coverage to be used without concealer IMO. The best scenario would be to use this foundation for normal to dry or combination skin, with NARS' primer (which will prevent your skin from absorbing the foundation as the day wears on). That said, I think this foundation is excellent. Very natural looking, and it provides a dewy finish as promised. I dust on pressed powder after applying it and it wears very well throughout the day. Best foundation I have come across. The lack of a pump is the only downside, as I think the smell is inconsequential to the quality of a foundation and is not an issue at all for me. All in all, this product is getting a bad rap, most likely because those that dislike it have a skin type that is not well suited to this product. I have very sensitive combination skin, which has a tendency to be dry during the winter and it is an amazing product for me. Mont Blanc is excellent for very fair skin tones with pink undertones.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairOther

EyesHazel

2.0

11 years ago

It really needs a pump, but I really didnt like this foundation when I got home. I just got it because of the coverage, its medium to full and it covered all my acne scars which are hard to cover..so I went home and omg..nasty looking and a gray cast...it didnt match my skin tone correctly either..sent it back and got mat velvet from Makeup forever, much better investment and CHEAPER!

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure