L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion in Natural Medium Tan

L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion in Natural Medium Tan

3.2

Water, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Dihydroxacetone, Alcohol Denat, Sodium Choloride, Caramel, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Tocopherol, Yellow 6, Red 33

on 7/4/2016 12:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Short version:
Great product, great tan, dries quickly, fades pretty evenly, sparkly but forgiveable.

Longer version:
I'm naturally quite fair. Nothing too crazy translucent, but I definitely burn easily and tanning from the sun is a slow, slow process for me. I finally got wise and stopped trying to fry myself in the sun, and I wear sunscreen daily, reapply, wear protective clothing,... yada, yada, yada... you get the picture. Now that it's summer, I still sometimes crave that golden glow.
Enter: this self tanner. I picked it up for about $10 at the drugstore because I couldn't find my beloved Banana Boat Endless Summer Color. The reviews were okay, the smell seemed reasonable. It was worth a shot!
The application: I applied it at night after showering and exfoliating. The guide color made it really easy to see where I applied it. The smell was really light and not self tanner-y upon application. It also seemed to dry in about 5 minutes, although it left a "tacky" feeling to the skin for another 10-15. NBD. I put a little baby powder in my elbow creases, behind my knees, and in my cleavage to prevent creasing.
But HOLY CRAP THE GLITTER. Subtle shimmer, my butt.

Fear not, review reader. When I woke up the next morning, I had a gorgeous, even tan. No breakouts, no weird skin reactions, and my white sheets escaped unscathed too! There was only a slight self tanner smell, which, along with any traces of glitter, disappeared after a quick morning rinse off. This is by far the lowest maintenance tan from a bottle I have experienced. Four days later, it was still nice and even, just a little faded. I reapplied (didn't exfoliate... whoops!) and still managed to be streak free.

This, my friends, is worth its weight in (glittery) gold to me. I would give this product 4.5/5 stars if I could. (I hesitate to say that it's orange, because it's not, but I'd love if it had a slightly more brown undertone.) It's nearly perfect for me, though. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really liked this product! It has glitter in it which some have complained about but I think it is great because you see exactly where you have applied the product. I apply this when I get out of the shower and before I go to bed, this way it has the whole night to develop and some of the sparkles come off during the night. It has a self tanner smell but also citrusy, I didn't mind it but you will smell like self tanner the next day unless you wash off. It can turn orange but I found that all self tanners can turn orange so I mix it with some lotion and that gives me the perfect color. I also love how it is dark because I am wasting less product. I mix it with lotion so it becomes a medium tan color. Overall I enjoyed this product and I would recommend unless you are extremely pale I am an NW20 in case that helps anyone.

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/28/2014 3:19:00 AM

This review is for the towelettes in Medium. Sorry, I could not find a section to review the individual towelettes. These are fantastic. Typical disposable towels, so it's clear, you can't 'see' where you are applying but that does not matter due to the fact that these are perfect! They give a natural looking color. Not dark and not too pale. Zero streaking, so you don't have to get nervous about where it begins and ends. I use one of these after a shower every 4 days. I shower 2 times a day and it fades gradually. Huge plus: it dries instantly and if it's warm there is no transfer to white blouses or light colored dresses/skirts. I would say it's perfect. Most people ask if I've been away on vaca, it's that subtle. I don't see how you can go wrong in the depths of winter to get a good looking, classy 'tan' look. One word is: there is nothing drastic about this, so if you are looking for a 'deep' tan this is not the product...again, subtle, healthy, alive, healthy would be the words to describe. Hope this helps :) Happy New Year to all the beautiful women out there that adore MUA as much as I do !!! ****

on 7/28/2014 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow--this product is awful! I noticed absolutely no difference in my skin color. Instead, it looked like I got into a fight with a large group of children armed with glitter. It smells like cheap cologne and left my skin feeling sticky. The sticky feeling doesn't go away and my skin still felt tacky the next day. Avoid! One of the worst products I've tried in a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

HORRIBLE product. Returned after one use. I meant to buy my usual HG Jergens Natural Glow but accidentally got this awful stuff.
Pros:
- available everywhere
- cheap and you get a large amount
- easy to find on sale, easy to find coupons for this

Cons:
- totally REEKS of stinky cheap perfume and you can smell it for days
- is not moisturizing in the least so why is this called lotion? it's more of a gel
- contains chunky cheap-looking glitter that gets all over clothing, hands, face, etc.
- is orange
- doesn't even really tan the skin

I'm back to my Jergens and loving it.

I will wait an hour and it still won't feel completely dry. My white sheets are now the same shade of tan as my body, so that's cool. Looks ridiculous when you first put it on; the color develops to become more natural but it still doesn't really look authentic (slightly orange and a little splotchy) and the shimmer definitely won't be for everyone. I might finish the bottle, I might not, but I definitely won't repurchase.

on 12/10/2012 11:08:00 PM

Oompa Loompa orange!
Oh my god this turn me bright orange and I was so freaking glittery! I love glitters and shimmers but this was WAY TOO MUCH. I'm gonna try it one more time and update later

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So for some reason I thought of buying the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze self tanning lotion and it couldve been a lil better since I noticed a lil bit splotchiness on my legs but not anything major :) I do kinda enjoy the shimmer its not s annoying as most shimmery lotions. I usually buy the Banana Boat Summer Color tannning lotion and it works on me just fine I hope this review works out for you guys and ill update more later!!:)

BUY THE CLEAR ONE INSTEAD! this got all over my clothes... and streaked horribly for some reason. the clear gel variety is my fave, though. only got this cuz the store was out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely the best self tanning product I have used. I love it! It gives me a great, natural looking tan. It goes on very easy and completely streak free. Very easy to put on and you don't need that much. It smells nice, not that strong smell like other tanners. It doesn't come off on my clothes or sheets and you don't have to wait for it to dry when you put it on. It also has this very sublte sparkle, makes your skin look radiant. I use it every couple days to maintain the color. It does dry my skin out slightly so I use Aquaphor to counter that. This is a great tanner for me.....I get the tan without the skin damage!