Vincent Longo Lip Cheek Gel Stain in My Sunshine

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

4.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Would I buy this again? Yes, Yes, Yes...Yes! I love this lip stain so much. It's definitely my HG lip color. My Sunshine was the first color I bought and it's PERFECT! It's a warmer red that just looks beautiful with my skin tone. The doe foot applicator is super easy to use and applies like a dream. This never dries out my lips or look like I painted my mouth with a marker (I'm looking at you, Cover Girl). It's not watery either, like Benetint or The Body Shop Lip and Cheek Stain. Those wear off on me and look like I have pink liner around my lips later in the day. I just love this with all of my heart. I've yet to branch out to other colors, as I love My Sunshine so much, but I think I may have to try some more. They are pricey, but I literally use this everyday, so it's worth it to me! I highly recommend this!

I am sad that Sephora no longer carries the Vincent Longo line. I now buy mine from the Beauty 360 site on CVS.com. I always find a coupon code too!

on 8/9/2010 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one of the best stains out there. I first bought this about three years ago. It goes on like a neutral red. The color is gorgeous. It has lovely lasting power and never dried out my lips. I love the packaging. It's uncomplicated and the black touches look very stylish, very New York. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's Ruby Sheer and Face Stockholm's Cranberry Veil. It's like a blend of those two lipsticks in stain form. I'm so saddened this line was taken out of Sephora. In the last year my fave products have either been discontinued or increasingly hard to find. This is a stain I'm willing to track down as long as possible.

on 3/7/2009 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After purchasing two other VL lip stains (liquid kiss and angels's touch) I decided to go for a warmer tone as they usually suit me better (nc15 with mac as a reference)

My sunshine is my favourite of the three. It wakens up my face in a subtle way, draws attention to my lips, and adds a wonderful true red note to them.

Wears really well. The doe-foot applicator (that I usually hate) is perfect for a watery product like this.

on 10/18/2007 9:20:00 PM

Product - Gel stain for lips and cheeks in a sheer warm-toned red - not too dark, not too orange, some might call this an even mix of orange and red. Wears like a sheer natural red on my AAB/NC25 skin. The texture is a thin gel - not runny but barely holds together as a gel, so it's relatively easy to work with. Application as blush is not a problem unless you don't like using your fingertips. Sets pretty quickly though, so practice a few times to get the hang of it. I put three dots on the apple of each cheek then blend out with my fingertips; I wash my hands quickly thereafter. The color is sheer enough to work for most and can look fairly natural unless you overapply; stains cheeks very nicely. Awesome color on my lips as well. Can be applied directly to lips, but for even coverage I put a dot on my bottom lip, rub my lips together, then smooth out with a fingertip; for deeper color, repeat. Not drying to the lips and the staying power is quite good, especially if topped with gloss. As with most liquid-y gel stains, your lips and skin should be in good condition, or properly exfoliated and moisturized first. This shade is listed on Sephora.com as "Only at Sephora" but it is also available through Beauty.com.

Packaging - Dark translucent bottle with black plastic lid. Lid houses a doe foot applicator wand. You can see the air bubble or level of product in the tube, but not really the shade inside, unless you check the label.

Overall - Great multi-purpose product. Requires careful application but then it lasts and lasts. continued >>