Vincent Longo Lip Cheek Gel Stain in My Sunshine

4.3

on 6/4/2012 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a really lovely lip stain. I've been looking for it for a long time - both online and in brick and mortar stores- to no avail. It finally popped back up and I jumped. Nice natural red/bitten lip stain that makes your cheeks look nicely flushed. A lovely no-makeup look. $18 is a bit pricey, but if it helps me pare down my makeup bag, well-
I'm also a fan of the lip stain lipstick in Americana- it was my go-to spf lip balm/color/treatment for my beach trip and I anticipate using it all summer at the pool.
UPDATE: 2017, I still wear this every day, mostly on my cheeks, but also on my lips with some clear burts bees on top if I'm not doing a full-on "face". I find it mostly on ebay, but also occasionally on Amazon. I've purchased at least three of these. I use a foundation brush to apply it with, and when I'm at the end of the bottle I add a little water and get several more weeks out of each tube. I laugh that I thought $18 was pricey. Now the list is $24, and I thnk it's worth it.

on 2/28/2010 12:40:00 AM

I have owned this for years. I'm sure I should throw it away but I barely used it when I first bought it and now I like it. (This happens regularly to me as I'm a makeup junkie.) I agree that it is a warmer red and the application is easy. It still looks great, so you know this stuff lasts. It also has a great scent to it even after after owning it for over two years.

on 3/7/2009 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After purchasing two other VL lip stains (liquid kiss and angels's touch) I decided to go for a warmer tone as they usually suit me better (nc15 with mac as a reference)

My sunshine is my favourite of the three. It wakens up my face in a subtle way, draws attention to my lips, and adds a wonderful true red note to them.

Wears really well. The doe-foot applicator (that I usually hate) is perfect for a watery product like this.

I am so glad I found this on MUA. I have been looking for a lip stain and found this. I went to Sephora and got My Sunshine, the shade that fit me the best. It's a very natural red that really flatters me. Like what the other readers said, it can be built up to be very dramatic. My lips stand out so much with this and my entire face looks much more alive and energized. My lips look so naturally stained that it doesn't seem like anything is on it. The staying power is quite good too. I use it when I go out/nighttime stuff and it slowly fades, but it's much better than what you would get from a lipstick/gloss. I cannot rave enough about this! Definite HG!!!

on 5/8/2008 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

The color is absolutely perfect. It goes on sheer and natural looking, and as others have said it is easily buildable. I bought this to use on my lips (haven't tried cheeks yet), and I thought it was HG material until I looked in the mirror 5 minutes later. It had completley faded off.

I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or what. I applied it to clean, dry lips, and didn't put any balm over it. I finished getting dressed, walked by a mirror, and I couldn't even tell I had put anything on my lips.

Right now I can't decide if I want to return this or keep trying to play with it to see if I can make it work.

on 9/11/2007 4:54:00 PM

Love this! I wear it daily on both my cheeks and lips. The price seemed steep and I almost didn't buy it, but it lasts such a long time it's totally worth it. On the lips it makes a nice base color. (I have fair, yellow toned skin.)

Often I use Clinique's Black Honey on top of it.

Popular Lips Products