Vincent Longo Lip Cheek Gel Stain in My Sunshine

No Image

4.6

on 8/9/2010 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one of the best stains out there. I first bought this about three years ago. It goes on like a neutral red. The color is gorgeous. It has lovely lasting power and never dried out my lips. I love the packaging. It's uncomplicated and the black touches look very stylish, very New York. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown's Ruby Sheer and Face Stockholm's Cranberry Veil. It's like a blend of those two lipsticks in stain form. I'm so saddened this line was taken out of Sephora. In the last year my fave products have either been discontinued or increasingly hard to find. This is a stain I'm willing to track down as long as possible.

on 3/7/2009 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After purchasing two other VL lip stains (liquid kiss and angels's touch) I decided to go for a warmer tone as they usually suit me better (nc15 with mac as a reference)

My sunshine is my favourite of the three. It wakens up my face in a subtle way, draws attention to my lips, and adds a wonderful true red note to them.

Wears really well. The doe-foot applicator (that I usually hate) is perfect for a watery product like this.

on 5/22/2008 6:10:00 PM

MY holy grail! LOve this color...goes on a natural red but can build it up and it just wakes up my whole face! Love this product! Def a HG!

on 1/2/2008 12:11:00 PM

I am so glad I finally bought this product. I have always loved the idea of a stain, as my lips and cheeks generally don't have much color to them. I've tried Benetint, Sonia Kashuk's version of Benetint, Sheer Bliss (which is essentially the same as the Benetint, just cheaper), and Tarte's Rise and Shine Plumping lip stain in Cherry. I don't know why I continued to buy these - they're all pretty much the same cool purply-pink, which really doesn't work that well on me. I'm still not quite sure if I'm "cool" or "warm," but I'm pretty sure that these cool fuschia stains are not ideal on me. (I was also disappointed by the benetint's and sonia kashuk's staying power - they swipe right off if you take a water-moistened tissue to them. kind of ridiculous for a "stain." The tarte at least stays around for awhile.)
I had considered Vincent Longo's stains for awhile, as there were so many colors in the line, but I chickened out on actually buying one until I got a 25 dollar gift certificate for xmas. I pounced right on My Sunshine and brought it home - and I have to say, the color is PERFECT. Not orangey or overly peachy, just a warm pinky-red that is ridiculously flattering. And it really does last on my lips, which is huge.
My only problem is getting it on evenly on my cheeks - I'm sure it takes practice, but its gets a little streaky on me, even though I have smooth, slightly oily skin. I'm thinking that my Aveeno moisturizer with sunscreen affects my blending abilities. When I blend too rigorously at a streak, it kind of pills off with what i'm guessing is residue from my moisturizer. Ugh.
I'm thinking that if I just stick to getting it on my apples somewhat evenly, I'll eventually get it with practice? If anyone has tips for me, let me know.

on 8/13/2007 4:12:00 PM

Don't be afraid of the dark color in the tube, this stain goes on sheer and gives an extremely natural look to the lips and cheeks!! I have a cool-toned, pale complexion, blue eyes, and red (died) hair, and this color suits me pretty well.

As a lip stain, it goes on nice and sheer with the first layer, but it is possible to adjust the intensity by layering on some more. The effect is absolutely wonderful!! Very natural, no matter how many layers you apply, and it lasts most of the day or night! The reason why lip stains top off any other long-lasting lip products, is because you don't get that heavy feel of a long-lasting lipstick glued to your lips, nor do you experience flaking. Stains do fade off gradually, but the effect stays completely natural and flattering!!! I haven't experienced much dryness with this, as I always top it off with lip gloss. With various tints of lip glosses it is possible to create so many wonderful combinations!!!

As a cheek stain, the effect of this stain is also very natural! Just dab a couple of dots to the apple of your cheek, and rub it outwards to spread it. You can layer it as much as you like, and this LASTS much longer than any powder blush!!!

TIP for the cheeks: remember not to take your finger off of your cheek while spreading the stain, this will avoid you having streaks!!!!

I'm usually picky with products but I will definitely be purchasing many MANY more of these!!!!!

Popular Lips Products