3.8

Reviews

1.0
from

11 years ago

the smell is really bad, but not bad enough to make me stop using the product. it made my skin look slightly tanned with orange highlights. and the only positive thing is that it makes my skin look even, but any tanner would do the same.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I love this product. I tan but get a little red,so I come in and shower off. Then I apply the Jergens. With in 1 h I see a result. A nice even color. the red has disappear. If I can't get out to tan, I know I can apply this product and it will look like I got a mild tan. I do not use this product on my face. I use a spry over night.

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

11 years ago

Let me just start off, I am incredibly pale. Ridiculously pale. Everybody asks how in the world I'm Italian. They tell me I'm as pale as a ghost, etcetera etcertera. No longer! I've been interested in trying out Jergen's for a long time. Yesterday I was grocery shopping with my mom, and was in the beauty & hair isles while she was getting the groceries. I had found a $2.00 coupon for any Jergen's Natural Glow moisturizer, and knowing that in several days I'd have to wear a bikini on a field trip and blind everybody by my paleness, I figured now was the perfect time to persuade my mom to get this for me. I'd buy it myself, but I thought it to be a waste for roughly $7-$8 for a lotion with a little color in it? Now I know what I've been missing out on! I purchased the Jergen's Natural Glow Firming Daily Moisturizer in medium because it was the only type they had in the store that was a gradual tan, and I had read that if you want noticeable color, get a shade up. WOW! The smell is different, possibly that faint sickening-sweet smell, but nothing to throw away this product for. I wasn't scared out of my wits when i first squeezed some out-- it's white, not orange, not a weird brownish color, white. I haphazardly applied first to my forearm to make sure I didn't get a reaction. I DID freak out when I got weird red splotchy spots at first, but I realized that it was from rigorously rubbing at my arm to blend in the lotion, rather violently. Heh. After applying it everywhere, and following the directions PRECISELY, I noticed a barely-there color enhancement. Nobody at school noticed it, sadly. It has little specks of shimmer in it, not glitter, so it really does make you glow though. I applied it again and I can already see it darkening. IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN, DO NOT USE THE BODY ONE ON YOUR FACE! I tested a small patch on my jaw, felt a strange tingle, and quickly washed it off. When I looked back in the mirror, there was an outline from where it was-- but it looked bleached. For anybody who uses a hair bleach, whether it be for your upper lip, arms, etc, they know that when you get it on a part that already has light hair, you can see where the bleach was. It's still like that on my face 24 hours later, but faded. My only fear is that my body is going to get tanned, and my face is still going to be ghostly white. I'm afraid to get the face version for medium, in case it turns my face orangey, but I'll have to try it out over the summer.. All in all, I have no complaints. I will be purchasing this again, in fact, I may get a back up next time I head out to the drugstore. Thanks Jergen's for making me not look like a ghost! (: And I'm sure my friends thank you for not making them witness what a ghost looks like in a bikini hehe!

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

11 years ago

Well, the only con I can think for this product is the scent. It kinda reminds me of garapiñados (toasted nuts or peanuts covered with caramel), this is sort of a snack you can get here in Mexico. And the scent lingers all day...not so cool. But, other than that, I find the product does what it says it will do. It gives my very pale skin a light tan color, makes my skin glow. It also makes my skin feel firmer, yay! The texture is creamy, so application is easy, the packaging is convenient and the price is right. I really like the product and plan to repurchase as soon as I run out.

About reviewer (286 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

3.0

11 years ago

the smell of this lotion is not to bad. i did notice some toning. what i do not like is that it leaves my skin very glittery. i was holding my baby and left him glittery. it also left me feeling sticky. i will probably use but not rebuy.

About reviewer (184 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

11 years ago

Pros: Decent color, decent moisturizer, I've observed some firming effects when applied and left on overnight. Cons: The smell. When I first bought Jergens Natural Glow a few years back it had a pretty nice jasmine-y smell. A little strong, but liveable. But judging by the tube I just bought, Jergens changed has the scent to the current smell, which is too-sweet, really overpowering and makes my stomach turn. Worse still, it lingers for days and clings--sometimes even after washing-- to ANYTHING I touch before it soaks in. It's so bad, for me it's a deal breaker, and has ruined what is otherwise a good product. I will not repurchase.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2.0

12 years ago

I really love Jergens Firming Tanner, especially on my legs and shoulders since it has subtle sparkles. This isn't the ultimate self tanner and I haven't tried many, but for the price, it really makes a nice difference. The skin on my arms is naturally light and VERY sensitive and color still developed beautifully after a day or two. The effects are not drastic, so it is easy to blend and it doesn't look streaky if you miss certain areas (good for the girl-on-the-go). If I were to switch this for something else, I would find a tanner that produced a more subtle "glow" rather than actual sparkles mixed in with the lotion. UPDATE : Not so fond of this anymore. This made my keratosis pilaris worse on my arms and wasn't giving me the color that I've found with other tanners.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

3.0

12 years ago

I've used this, regular Jergens Natural Glow, and Hawaiian Tropic's gradual tanner, and I prefer HT I think, but this isn't terrible. it smells kind of gross going on but the smell fades very quickly - no lingering self tanner scent, but that's probably because it has very little self tanner in it. as for firming...that is really BS, as with all firming lotions - they just load it with shimmer to make you look firmer/leaner. and it is a LOT of shimmer. I am really surprised some people can't see it, because I'm sitting here in my bedroom, not even in natural light, and I can see it very clearly all over my arms and legs. it's not really bad, it does make your skin look pretty, but I doubt it's a desired quality of a self tanner for everyone. also, I would recommend everyone get the tanner for medium/tan skin - I am so pale I don't even have color in my skin and I still use this one...the lighter ones will just waste your time. for the very best self tanning routine I personally recommend using Jergens express for arms and legs and Hawaiian Tropic gradual tanner for the rest of your body, maybe using the Express every once in a while all over. For my face I use the Hawaiian Tropic also, but mixed half and half with my moisturizer...anything more makes me look orange.

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

12 years ago

I was on the fence about this product until yesterday. I was trying on bathing suits in horrible fluorescent lighting and noticed that I looked really tan! It looked natural and even as well. Up until that point I was unsure that the product was making much of a difference but now I am convinced. I apply it about every other day. I noticed that if I applied it everyday my elbows and knees would start to get orange. I try to avoid that area all together, but using the tanner every other day helps a lot as well. To get the firming benefits the directions say to use the product every day and after 2 weeks the skin will have a firmer appearance. I assume that I am not getting all of the firming benefits because I do not use it every day. However, I am 31 years old and do not really have a problem with sagging or cellulite (yet!). I also work out so that definitely helps. As far as good color goes, though, I really like the product. It adds a slight shimmer to the skin too. It has a bit of a scent to it, but in my opinion it is not offensive at all.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

12 years ago

After reading all the positive reviews on the Jergens Natural Glow Firming tanner/moisturizer, I purchased it to see. I'm a HUGE fan of self tanners because of the dangers of tanning in the sun and I don't want to be a 'pale face'. I REALLY like this product. First, I don't have to spray perfume all over me to try and get rid of the smell that comes with other tanners....this one smells really good. Second, I don't get that orange streaky look around my ankles, toes and other places with this one because it's gradual. The ONLY time I use a regular tanner now is if I'm going out (at night...when it's dark) and want a quick tan. With this one, I'm willing to wait the couple of days it takes to gradually tan. Now, about it taking a while to dry, I don't think it takes long at all. I've had MUCH more trouble getting other tanners to dry AND if I put them on at night, lots of it ends up on the sheets. Not with this one. After I apply this, I stand in front of the fan for about a minute and it's dry...not a problem for me. I can't say about the firming part because I use "Nivea Good-Bye Cellulite" daily, so I'm assuming the firming I'm seeing is from that...it's a WONDERFUL product also. Now, back to the Jergens....HEY...we have to moisturize daily if we want soft skin anyway, so why not get a nice, even tan along with it. I use the Medium/Tan because I have olive skin. But this one I will keep on purchasing. In fact, there was a very good sale on it recently and I stocked up and bought 8 of them. Now I can go to the pool, use my water proof 45 sunscreen and still gradually get a tan....LOVE IT!!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age56 & Over