3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I really like this product, I have bought about 5 bottles and i think its one of the best daily self tan moisturizers out there. Pros - colour is nice and not orange -absorbs quckly (a very underated necessity in a self tanner) -smell , not self tanner like -does seem to firm skin a tiny bit and really does moisturize well -doesn't fade patchy like many other self tanners Cons - if you dont put it on almost everyday you will begin to be pale again im very pale naturally and I use the dark for a better colour payoff -its kind of expensive like 12$ and small it only last about two weeks sometimes less if i put it on religously everyday

About reviewer (158 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

11 years ago

I wouldn't say this product is terrible. I am fair-medium skin tone with olive undertones, so even though I am sorta fair (skin cancer and wrinkles= I do not tan!), I use to tan a olive tone and not a orange tone like some other caucasians. In regards to this product, I decided to get the medium tone and not the fair. It's pretty even and after two days of applying at night after exfoliating my whole body, I have a nice color. The product does have mineral oil in it so I wouldn't advise any one with acne prone skin to use this on their face, but since I use retin-a micro, and my skin can get quite dry from this, the body lotion actually moisturizes my face well. I only apply at night tho, after I apply my retin-a micro. Even though the color builds quickly it isn't my natural tan color like I stated above. It's more orange-y. Some ppl do tan this way naturally so I don't think it looks unnatural, I just think it looks unnatural on me. besides that, the smell is ok, if you like perfume like lotion. I prefer more refreshing scents like aloe vera and this smells a little too grannyish. I did notice that weird self-tanning smell the next day. It does smell a little frito-chipish after 10 hours of application like another reviewer said. But apparently this odd smell happens with all self-tanners because of the chemical reaction in the skin. Anyway, I noticed a little difference in firming. Also, you get more in this product then I have noticed with other self-tanners. I have already used it about 6-7 times, full body application and I still have atleast 1/2 the tube left. So, more product for your money. I will not rebuy but try another product like the hyped sally's spray tan, which I am very excited about.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

11 years ago

Have been out of the sun and very pale all my adult life. SO suggested a tan would look good on me. Got a BOGO taped to the face tanner spf 20 I bought. I like that it is gradual, color looks good, people think it's a real tan. It does smell, but not in a way that bothers me. I'm just reasonably careful it will not streak. Will absolutely buy again.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

EyesGray

11 years ago

This is a good gradual self tanner. It dries quickly and doesn't have a bad smell like many self tanners. It does have some shimmer to it, but it is pretty subtle. I do wish they made it in a pump packaging though.

About reviewer (339 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I always go back and forth with this product, but somehow I always go back to it every summer! I used to be really big on tanning and would sit out in the sun every chance I get, but now I'm more aware of the risks of tanning= skin cancer, wrinkly skin, blotchiness, and sun spots... I don't tan anymore, but I still wanted to look like I was living and not ghostly, white, and dead! So I decided to go for this.. AGAIN! Except, this is sort of new to me, b/c it has a "firming" formula. After ONE use, this gets me 1/2~1shade darker, after the SECOND use, it gets me 1~1.5shades darjker, and after the THIRD use, definitely 2-3shades darker. "Natural Glow" is definitely what I'm looking for and this does the job! I'm so glad Jergens came out with this product!

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I really like this. I have fair skin that doesn't tan well so this is the best way to safely get a pretty good glow. You HAVE to get the medium/tan formula, even if you're super pale because the one for fair skin doesn't do a thing. The smell is really mild compared to most sunless tanners so its livable, I got the firming formula as a sample and I though it smelled better than the other formula so that's why i bought the firming in the actual size. As for people saying that its too shimmery, I havn't noticed that at all. Plus who doesn't like a little glimmer in their skin anyways? I will be using this through the summer as to avoid skin damage and still look like i've been at the beach.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

11 years ago

The self-tanner part gave me a great even,gradual tan and the lotion part of it moistuized well also. The only thing I hate is the smell. I think it smells horrible and I got so self conscious about myself cause I could smell the self-tanner on me and it felt like the scent got on all my things; my clothes, bed, etc. If you can stand the smell, use it. I can't repurchase again.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I actually really like this product. Self tanners usually smell bad on me and are not moisturizing, so I have always used this half and half with my regular moisturizer and it works great. It gives me a subtle change day to day and enhances my natural tan. This is especially good for my legs since it's really just a hint of color when applied this way. Also, I don't notice the smell (I mix it with Pure Grace lotion). They have a formulation also that's just for your face and I use that straight up and it works really well. I will buy this throughout the summer.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

11 years ago

I have this in Med/Tan. I had the original version when it came out and absolutely hated the scent. It was horrid. This is much better, tho not great. The scent is warm and kinda like a sweet shea butter. It disappears for the most part and I only notice it again when I sweat, and for this reason I only use this at night. The color development is gradual of course, but it is noticeable and I don't have to use this every day to keep the result. I wouldn't know anything about the firming, I don't need it really, I don't have any dimples or anything yet. Thank goodness. I've even used this on my face a few times without any adverse reaction. I'll use this up and see what my options are, but will probably repurchase this one.

About reviewer (206 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

11 years ago

I bought the one designed for medium/tan skin tones. * It does tan and looks natural. * It doesn't firm...I don't think :P * It has little shimmers in it. * It leaves me feeling a little sticky, not really moisturized. * The smell doesn't bother me. It could be better though.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

Age