3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I got a small tester sized (medium to tan) version of this product in the mail, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I mainly wanted to target my legs because they're always a bit more white than the rest of me, and shorts season is here! I have to say that I am very impressed. I applied it once and by the next morning saw that I had a healthier colour to my legs. After two applications, I thought I'd better stop before my legs got disproportionally dark compared to the rest of me. It dries quickly if you rub it in, there's no need to let it dry more than a few minutes before getting dressed. No orange colour like the last tanner I used 5+ years ago, and less of a nasty scent (although let's be honest, after an hour or so you still start to smell it). As for the firming aspect, I don't think any of us believe that it really works, but the colour does definitely help to camouflage cellulite imperfections. I found that it did come out streaky on my shins, but only because I didn't rub it in well enough. Be extra careful on areas where the skin is thinner, it seems to come out a bit streaky if you don't really rub it in. I will definitely go out and buy the full size! It will be a great product for maintaining and evening out my tan this summer.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

7 years ago

This product gives you a natural tan. I noticed the color change the next day but it builds up throughout the week if you apply it everyday. As for the firming part I think it does help. I don't really have that much of a problem with cellulite so I assume the firming is for people that have little to no cellulite. Other than that, I really like this self-tanner because it looks natural:)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

7 years ago

Since this has been re-formulated, I LOVE THIS STUFF. Now this is coming from someone with next to no, and I mean NO color/pigment to the skin. I am as white as a sheet of paper. Every self-tanner I have tried leaves me a streaky orange mess! But this one goes on so much like a regular moisturizer, just with the added benefit of a tanned, glowing complexion. I can't say I notice any "firming" but that was not the reason behind the purchase. After only one time, I saw a huge difference in coloring, and after two times I was getting asked if I was tanning in the beds. As for the scent, I really enjoy the scent of the lotion for the first hour or so, then comes the not so lovely tanner smell;however, it is not that strong at all, especially compared to instant self-tanners. Bottom line, love it, will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesHazel

2.0
from

7 years ago

Eh. Not worth buying. I don't notice any firmer skin, but I got it on sale and was never really concerned about its firming properties. It does make my skin look naturally tan, but the smell is horrendous. When I put it on and go out in public, I'm embarrassed and self-conscious. When I put it on before bed and have to sleep near the scent, it's even worse. Guh-ross and not worth it. There are way better self-tanning lotions that smell normal. I like the foaming mousse version of this product, which actually smells pretty good (though it's way more expensive).

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

7 years ago

I have a love/hate relationship with this product. It gives a beautiful natural glow, so in that respect it does live up to the name. However, the smell is atrocious. They advertise that it is improved and has no smell but that is a lie. Within twenty minutes of application I cant stand myself. By the next morning, it is unbearable. My experience is that it wears off evenly. I do believe it is the best drugstore brand, but that smell keeps me from giving a better score.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

I love this product. I love the feel - very moisturizing for my arms and legs. I live in Michigan and I start using this in February when I wonder if I'll ever feel the warm sun again.:) I actually don't mind the smell at all - it reminds me of summer.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I am absolutely IN LOVE with this product. I've tried other self tanners and they have all left me looking streaky, or I look like a carrot, especially when it stained your skin so bad, it took another week for it to be exfoliated off in the shower. With Jergens i found it was cheap, it lasted longer than anything else I've ever used, and it doesn't look fake. Im already fair-skinned, It takes forever for me to tan, even using a tanning bed. I used Jergens for 1 week, applied in the morning, and at night. and My skin tone went from "i just crawled out from underneath a rock" tone, to "i've been in cuba for 2 weeks tone" i was SO pleased :D I would recommend this to anyone!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I really liked the effect that this gave. After a couple of days I had a really nice tan, however it faded in a spotty pattern and made me really self-conscious. I would buy it, except for the fading problem which could just be my skin?

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

3.0
from

8 years ago

I have been using this for about four years; I can't believe I somehow haven't written a review for this great lotion in all that time. This is probably the best under $10 subtle self-tanner on the market. You can even put it on when you're kind of drunk (speaking from experience) and end up with even, natural looking color and no streaks or weird spots. I use this in medium, because I am very pale and the light shade doesn't do enough for me. Never looks orange or fake, always looks like real sun color. Moisturizes well, dries quickly - this is a fool-proof way to add color daily. It doesn't really start to build up until after about a week and then it starts to fade in a rather unfortunate way 2-3 days after that, so keep that timeline in mind if you need a certain amount of tan for an event or weekend away. Never has irritated my sensitive skin. Not sure the 'firming' ingredients really do much, but the placebo effect keeps me buying that version of the Natural Glow. Can't recommend this enough if you're looking for a beautiful, even, light tan tone without the dangerous rays of the sun. Update: I have to update that the reformulation has not been good for this. The DHA smell is much worse now and it tends to linger. I feel like I stink until I take my next shower when I use this. It also stays tacky much more than it used to, which is unpleasant. I'm probably going to switch to the foam version, which is allegedly unscented.

About reviewer (691 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

Overall, this is a good product. It made my legs 1-2 shades darker during first application. I'm only applying when needed and not everyday because I fear my legs will come out looking like overly faked tan. The firming is aiiight. I have some cellulite on my upper thigh that needs a miracle worker. If my cardio and weights arn't getting rid of it, I doubt Jergens 7.99 bottle can. However, the tan helps hide flaws! I'm just going to own my nice tan cellulite in a cute pair of daisy dukes.

About reviewer (118 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm