Jergens Jergens Natural Glow Firming

3.8

on 6/30/2017 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this successfully for awhile. I'm pretty pale, around NC15 (if you know your MAC shade range), and I like how subtle yet natural looking this is. I get it in the "Light/Medium" color, and one application is enough color for me, as i've noticed that if i use two it can start to look slighty orange . It doesn't have as much of that awful "burnt" smell that regular sunless tanner has, although it does have a slight perfume-y but not unpleasant scent. Also, I have sensitive skin and regular tanner always makes me very itchy as i believe i'm allergic to the sunless tanning agent; this one makes me slightly itchy occasionally, because this contains less of the ingredient in sunless tanners that make you "tan", Dihydroxyacetone (it's listed as fifth on the ingredient label, whereas with regular tanners it's second/third usually). It is very gradual, and generally takes about 6-8 hours to actually see some color, and then it gets slighty darker than that after about 12 hours. It's pretty goof-proof; just apply it like you normally would body moisturizer (i don't use it on my face), and make sure it's rubbed in well, wait about 5 minutes before putting on clothes. It hasn't stained my clothing or bedsheets. Also, unlike regular sunless/spray tanners, i don't have to do any particular exfoliating/preparation before applying. The color lasts around 2 days, and doesn't fade blotchy or irregularly (on me at least). I don't notice any "firming" effects whatsoever, so not sure what's up with that claim.

on 5/16/2017 9:46:00 AM

I love this product! I use a regular sunless tanner once a week, and I use this daily to maintain and add a bit more color. Works great!

I find self-tanner unnatural but I like to use this as an alternative! I am fair but use the dark lotion so my tan actually shows. It does gradually darken the skin and after 3-4 days of application my skin gets about two shades darker. It is super easy to use, just like a body lotion and it does not stain my hands if I wash them after application. It goes on smooth, no streaks but you still have to make sure you apply evenly to avoid darker patches. It does smell like fake tan and this scent may bother some people. It doesnt in my case but I find that the smell gets into my bed sheets and they smell like lotion for the rest of the week.. Also, I think this breaks me out. I get red pimples on my shoulders after using this which sucks but apart from that, this product may work for you and it does actually do what it claims to do! I recommend, just beware of the smell annd skin reaction.

on 7/20/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not a self tanner fan, but I do feel I need a glow at the start of the summer when I'm still pasty. I really like this. The gradual tan is awesome bc it's blendable. It's also a healthy glow as opposed to what you get from a spray on tan. This is really cool stuff, I highly recommend if you want healthy glow. As far as the firming aspect goes, there is a slight change in my cellulite, I'd say a 20 percent reduction. Will buy again!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have mixed feeling on this. As a moisturizer it's actually pretty good. While I don't love the scent, it doesn't smell bad. As a self tanner it's definitely very gradual. I'll usually use it in the morning and then at night if I need faster results. It doesn't streak, and goes on really smoothly. And indoors it looks pretty decent. Outdoors though, in full daylight you can definitely see a bit of orange. I first used it on my legs in the spring when they were super white and the orange was more noticeable then. When I had built a bit of natural colour, the orange wasn't as obvious. For the price it's pretty decent.

I have been using Jergen's self tanners for years now. I think compared to other self tanners on the market, this one gives you the best bang for your buck. It does the job and isn't as expensive as it's competitors. I have a medium toned complexion and I would recommend it for anyone who has medium-darker skin tonnes. However, I have friends who have used this product who are fairer than I and have complained about it being a little on the orange side. I do not notice this nor mind the colour I get from the tanner because to me it does as the label suggests and gives you that sun kissed glow. Obviously, very different than that brownish tan you would get from a tanning bed but on the plus side, safe for your skin! The newest bottles have "black tea" as an ingredient in them (which I noticed gave a different scent, much nicer than the original) and firming listed on the bottle...however I do not really notice any firming properties.

on 4/23/2016 6:10:00 PM

I've used this for a couple of years now and love it! I'm very fair toned and burn easily so this product is perfect for me. I apply everyday for 3 days. I use a moisturizer first and then put the Jergens on. I use only a quarter size on each area and rub in a circular motion. After the first 3 days I notice the color and start doing the application every second day. The smell is great and my legs look fantastic, not so Irish!

on 7/12/2015 3:44:00 AM

ive been using this tanning lotion for a few years now and though I occasionally stray to try other brands, i always come back to this one. i really only use it on my legs as thats where i tan the most soni use this to just even it out to the most natural "sun-kissed skin so hot it'll melt your popsicle". sry i couldnt resist the california girls line. :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I loved the new smell and how quickly it dries! I think the firming is an optical illusion because of the tan which hides the dimples. But the colour came out after only a few uses! I would for sure use it again

on 5/24/2015 7:28:00 AM

I'm really pale and can't tan naturally, besides a little farmers tan or being slightly darker after a sun burn. So I decided I wanted to use this on my legs. They look great. After a week of using it my skin was several shades darker. It can look a little splotchy but its hardly noticeable. Its a great moisturizer and it smells good to me. Like caramel kind of, not something you can get from a lot of other self tanners.