Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Nail Polish

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

It's ok Polish but I'm not repurchasing it. It has Low pigment and the consistency is odd. I prefer sinfulcolors or wetnwild nail Polishes.

on 3/4/2017 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have the color 550 Brownstone. The color is a pretty pink rose color but that is about the only thing I liked about this polish.

Same as a previous review I usually by inexpensive brands such as Pure Ice or Sinful colors. The performance of those is miles above this.

With this polish the tip wear I get is ridiculous. I try to use only 1-2 coats so its not so thick but after 1 day all my nails look bad, no matter if its fingers or toes and generally the polish on toes outlasts the fingers by at least a week and a half maybe more. It peels of very easy, every single day I end up having to retouch.

I love Sally Hansen and her Hard As Nails is my favorite line. My favorite color is Heart of Stone. It doesn't seem like it's named right! The name sounds like it would be describing a gray color. But it's actually a beautiful shade of pink. Light, not see through, but not loud either. For me it's the perfect shade of pink. Really soft and delicate but not see through. It lasts soooo long on my nails. And the price...when you add it all up, it cannot be beat. I just can't justify spending the extra $$ on other brands when I know this meets all my needs. I never regret buying this brand. :)

on 5/10/2015 6:02:00 PM

I find this to be one of the hardest nail polishes to work with. It is quite thick but yet it still requires more than one coat to look decent, but it takes a terribly long time to dry. Will never repurchase. Even though its one of the most affordable nail polishes out there, there are lots of alternatives in the same price range with much better formulas that I will purchase instead.

on 11/24/2015 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This nail polish is awful. It is incredibly streaky and chips one day after application. I have used no-name discount store nail polish that holds up better than this junk.

on 9/1/2015 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wouldn't buy this nail polish again. It's streaky, gummy, thick, hard to apply. This is how it is even with a brand new bottle in the Tickled Pink color. I would expect these from an older bottle of nail polish, but not one I just bought from Target. The color is fine, but the texture of the polish is awful. Even the price is not a redeeming feature because you can't really use this polish, so you've wasted good money. This Sally Hansen product is something that's going in the trash tomorrow.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

As an OPI user, I decided to try the "cheaper" nailpolish by buying the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Rock Bottom at Walmart for $1.96 compared to $8.50 for OPI. As someone who never buys drug store "cheap" makeup due to the fact that is horrible compared to MAC or Estee Lauder, I figured maybe the same doesn't go for nail polishes. Maybe cheaper nail polishes are just as good as the expensive ones such as OPI. Well, I can't attest to the longevity of the nail polish as I just put it on. But, I can say, this was the most complicated nail polish to put on. It had almost a gel like texture that if you did not smoothe onto your nail immediately, it kind of clumped and dried leaving a line from the brush stroke. The color itself is pretty but that is about it for now. I am positive I am going to be returning this one. I don't think this nail polish was "old" due to the fact it was liquidy coming out of the bottle. It just has a very uneven texture while putting it on and for that fact, I gave it two lippies.

on 5/23/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

The only pro to this polish is that there is a great color selection.

BUT THAT'S IT.

The formula is weird. It's simultaneously too thick and too runny. It's impossible to apply a thin layer of this stuff, and it only goes on either too little at a time (which causes streaks) or too much at a time (which causes bubbling and goopiness and a slow dry time).

The brush is also not good. It's thin and long and doesn't work well with this polish.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I usually buy Ice, sinful colors, or other cheap polishes. When I saw the SH name for $2, I figured I'd give it a try. I used my China Glaze white base coat and applied this polish on top. It was very runny and thin. Even with the white base, I had streaks on top of streaks from two applications. When I tried to apply extra polish to coat my nail thicker, it just dripped and dried to the cuticle.

The next day, after doing dishes, I noticed that the polish had shrunk around the cuticle and tips of my nails like plastic. I could see uneven portions of white at the tips and cuticles of my nails. Normally my polish doesn't chip or peel from washing dishes or taking a shower within the first 24 hours. I haven't tried peeling it because I know that's bad for your nails, but I'm sure it'd peel right off as a whole piece.

This polish was a waste of money and time. I'm really glad I didn't take the time to paint designs or add decals with this mani because that would've been an even bigger waste. I'm going to give this to one of the little girls my son hangs out with because they fly through nail polish fast. They'll be happy I purchased this dud, but I'm not. At least it was only $2. Would NOT recommend!

on 10/17/2014 5:57:00 PM

In general I love Sally Hansen. I have so many colours from this line its crazy. The glitters are amazing. I really love Disco Ball (a white/rainbow glitter) and my all-time favourite: strobe light (pink glitter with larger holographic glitters). The formula for this line is great but the only thing I've noticed with the glitters is that over time it gets thick/goopy.

Popular Polishes