79%
package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

It's ok Polish but I'm not repurchasing it. It has Low pigment and the consistency is odd. I prefer sinfulcolors or wetnwild nail Polishes.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairOther, Curly, Coarse

3 years ago

I have the color 550 Brownstone. The color is a pretty pink rose color but that is about the only thing I liked about this polish. Same as a previous review I usually by inexpensive brands such as Pure Ice or Sinful colors. The performance of those is miles above this. With this polish the tip wear I get is ridiculous. I try to use only 1-2 coats so its not so thick but after 1 day all my nails look bad, no matter if its fingers or toes and generally the polish on toes outlasts the fingers by at least a week and a half maybe more. It peels of very easy, every single day I end up having to retouch.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

I love Sally Hansen and her Hard As Nails is my favorite line. My favorite color is Heart of Stone. It doesn't seem like it's named right! The name sounds like it would be describing a gray color. But it's actually a beautiful shade of pink. Light, not see through, but not loud either. For me it's the perfect shade of pink. Really soft and delicate but not see through. It lasts soooo long on my nails. And the price...when you add it all up, it cannot be beat. I just can't justify spending the extra $$ on other brands when I know this meets all my needs. I never regret buying this brand. :)

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

As an OPI user, I decided to try the "cheaper" nailpolish by buying the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in Rock Bottom at Walmart for $1.96 compared to $8.50 for OPI. As someone who never buys drug store "cheap" makeup due to the fact that is horrible compared to MAC or Estee Lauder, I figured maybe the same doesn't go for nail polishes. Maybe cheaper nail polishes are just as good as the expensive ones such as OPI. Well, I can't attest to the longevity of the nail polish as I just put it on. But, I can say, this was the most complicated nail polish to put on. It had almost a gel like texture that if you did not smoothe onto your nail immediately, it kind of clumped and dried leaving a line from the brush stroke. The color itself is pretty but that is about it for now. I am positive I am going to be returning this one. I don't think this nail polish was "old" due to the fact it was liquidy coming out of the bottle. It just has a very uneven texture while putting it on and for that fact, I gave it two lippies.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

EyesOther

1.0

6 years ago

I usually buy Ice, sinful colors, or other cheap polishes. When I saw the SH name for $2, I figured I'd give it a try. I used my China Glaze white base coat and applied this polish on top. It was very runny and thin. Even with the white base, I had streaks on top of streaks from two applications. When I tried to apply extra polish to coat my nail thicker, it just dripped and dried to the cuticle. The next day, after doing dishes, I noticed that the polish had shrunk around the cuticle and tips of my nails like plastic. I could see uneven portions of white at the tips and cuticles of my nails. Normally my polish doesn't chip or peel from washing dishes or taking a shower within the first 24 hours. I haven't tried peeling it because I know that's bad for your nails, but I'm sure it'd peel right off as a whole piece. This polish was a waste of money and time. I'm really glad I didn't take the time to paint designs or add decals with this mani because that would've been an even bigger waste. I'm going to give this to one of the little girls my son hangs out with because they fly through nail polish fast. They'll be happy I purchased this dud, but I'm not. At least it was only $2. Would NOT recommend!

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

6 years ago

Sally hansen has great polish however these ones are particularly the best for me. My nails love to break at a certain point and with this nail polish it makes them unbreakable so there you go finally!!. I prefer them over opi or essie purly for their strong hold. They also don't chip as easily which is a bonus !!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

from

7 years ago

this really does makes my nails unbreakable. there was this one time where my nail broke accidentally, i chipped it off and usually i would fiddle around with the chipped nail and make it look worse, but because of this polish it is damn hard to actually fiddle around with it. bottom line is that my nails just really become much stronger and harder to break and chip. love this so much. the only thing i hate is the brush, kinda annoying but oh well :P

About reviewer (225 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

Pros: Quick drying Cons: None that particularly stick out to me Overall: This is my main base coat, and since I started using it, I find my long nails break less often.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I really love this product. My favorite nail look is the very natural clear look haha. A lot of people have misconceptions of how this product really works. It coats your nail so that it will prevent bending, tearing, and chipping of the nail by making it hard and stiff. I love the end result in just two coats. I've experimented with 3 coats or 2 thick coats and that wasn't so good. I like the shiny thick hard look, while still looking natural. Better than most the 10 dollar products and for about $2. My only negative comments is they don't last over a week.. which is too optimistic, and the smell is pretty annoying but that's with all nail things. Overall I will keep buying it since it is my go to product =)

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

from

8 years ago

These rival some of the more expensive polishes I own. Smooth application, opaque in two coats, and dries reasonably quickly. I layered a coat of the clear bluish glitter 810 Bold as Brass over 2 coats of the really pretty royal blue, 710 Gem-stone. Super cute. I often have trouble with dark blue polishes across a lot of different brands--in my experience they are often either too thin or too thick, or streaky or runny or gloppy, and you have to be really careful applying it because, like red polishes, they stain the skin, making cleaning up mistakes a bit tedious. This polish pretty much went where I wanted it to go, and even when I did make a minor mistake, it didn't stain the way other blue polishes have done. I wasn't able to get a very clean line of polish near the cuticle (partially the brush's fault, partially my fault), but it wasn't anything a cheap angled eyeliner brush dipped in polish remover couldn't fix. I'll be buying more of these in the future.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral