no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I have a sensitive scalp and this is the first shampoo that has helped ease the discomfort. Smells great, nice size bottle, solid pump for easy dispensing. I plan to stock up on the product when I see it again.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Dry, Fair

HairGrey

EyesHazel

from

6 years ago

The packaging is cute. And it smells wonderful, like oranges. But it didn`t work on my hair, i have fine, curly hair, and it all got `stuck` together, no moisture, nothing. I gave it to my friend who has fine but normal hair, hopefully it will work on her...

About reviewer (184 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0

6 years ago

This is beyond a doubt the worst shampoo I have ever used. If it wasn't enough that it is does exactly the opposite of what it claims to do (it's supposed to moisturize and yet turned my hair into straw) it is also pretty expensive costing over $16 for a small sized package. The one good thing I can say about it is that the scent of it is really nice, like sweet oranges. That is where the positives begin and end. I do not understand what it is about this shampoo that makes it so drying but it completely stripped all the moisture out of my hair leaving me with a dry frizzy fuzzball on my head. I threw it out after one use. It seemed to me that this was a somewhat upscaled version of a shampoo Got2be made which had a similar ingredient list and smelled almost identical. The Got2be shampoo was amazing yet I think its been discontinued as I haven't seen it at any store in quite some time. I thought that maybe this Bed Head shampoo could be it's replacement for me, however it only ended up being beyond disappointing.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

7 years ago

I've been using this shampoo for about 5 or 6 years now. I have fine, thin hair and need a shampoo that will clean my hair without drying it out or leaving behind anything that will weight it down. This is exactly what Self Absorbed shampoo does. It's not very exciting in terms of fragrance (very light tangerine), but it does what it needs to do, so I've stuck with it. I've gotten bored a few times and tried something else, but I always come back to Self Absorbed.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

7 years ago

I was looking for Brunette Goddess that I absolutely love but I am not sure if they sell it in Canada. I found Self Absorbed in Winners for 8.99 CAD and decided to try. Does not even stand next to Brunette Goddess, I do not like it. Left my hair tangled and did not feel smooth and shiny as BG does. The only plus, loved the scent - smells like peaches. This is not the worst shampoo I have tried, I will keep using it, if I don't find TIGI Brunette Goddess shampoo.

About reviewer (563 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I'm a big fan of Herbal Essences (Hello Hydration, to be exact). I've been using this shampoo for years and my hair is very healthy. Even though my hair is healthy and I know it's healthy, I still get bored with my usual shampoo and like to try new products. Boy was this buy a complete flop. I've heard many a good thing about Bed Head products and the high price kind of told me that they had to be good. You get what you pay for, right? Well not in this case. I bought this shampoo (Self Absorbed) and have been using it for about 3 days now. The first day, there was no major difference in the quality of my hair...same with the second day. However, today is the third day I'm using this shampoo and my hair has never felt drier or frizzier. My hair is so frizzy that it feels as though I am long overdue for a haircut. It's that bad. Also, my hair feels dirty and grungy..like I haven't even washed it. I'm actually looking forward to showering tonight and using my regular shampoo because my head just feels filthy and itchy. I really, really wish I hadn't spent $16 on a bottle of this junk. If I hadn't have thrown out the receipt, I'd definitely return it. To each her own, but I would not recommend using this shampoo from my own personal experience with it.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

i liked it

About reviewer (62 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

9 years ago

This is seriously one of the WORST shampoos I have ever used. I had high hopes because I like most of the BedHead products. But this was seriously terrible. It dried out my hair and just made it brittle. The only upside is that it smells good, and I like the pump feature with the bottle.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

Found this totally drying for my hair, to the point where I needed a trim immediately! The only good thing is the smell and the way it foams. Had high hopes but disappointed.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

9 years ago

Growing up, both of my parents loved this. They liked to work out, and my mother had very fine hair that would often get greasy. My dad, on the other hand, had hair that was very dark and curly. When I was twelve, I tried this in their shower on my wavy, normally textured hair and fell in love with it too. We all loved this shampoo, even though our hair differed greatly in composition. What you can expect from this shampoo is clean, refreshed hair, plenty of moisture, and lots of shine. It has a lot of nutrients, and it really shows in the quality of your hair over time. If you have thin hair that greases easily, it will clean your hair and make it feel nice again; if you have curly or drier hair, it works well in combination with moisture maniac, a TiGi conditioner. You probably shouldn't use this shampoo if you have especially dry, damaged, or aged hair for the simple fact that there are better products out there. If you have normal hair, however, this will make your locks look lustrous, lush and wonderful. Try it. You won't be disappointed.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair