4.8

on 1/4/2017 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this a few years back because Joan Rivers was talking about a polish she was wearing and loved and it was Essie Jelly Apple, well just knowing that this same polish that a celebrity loved was available to me, the average consumer at a drugstore no less, and I had to have it. I am not a red polish lover. I am not a red polish wearer with the exception of Christmas red or a Valentine's Day mani and as an accent for 4th of July. This one I really love. I can't believe I am really saying I love a red polish. This is a happy youthful cheery red that looks straight up like a red crème only with depth and like a gel nail. This is a little tricky to work with though as it is on the thinner side and it tends to flood the cuticles easily. Now you already know red is a tough color to get off cuticles so application was a bit of a bugger, but the end result is a gorgeous gel look nail with a high gloss finish. On the first coat the polish looks pink/magenta and is sheer due to the jelly formula. This does build up easily. This does take 3-4 coats to get opacity and cover visible nail line. This has the traditional thin Essie brush so it doesn't fan out well and it doesn't hold a lot of polish, but it is flexible and it does apply the polish fine. I've had this on for 3 days already and I am still happy looking at it. It has slight tip wear but it is very minimal and I am impressed with this one. I have had compliments on my nails wearing this polish. Maybe red polish isn't so bad after all. Maybe I do like red polish now. I really do like this one a lot. I love the crelly gel look of this. No wonder this is in the core line and has been around for years. It's a winner. Yes, please!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this color and I love all Essie products. This one is my favorite because it is the one that Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller) wears!

I adore this red shade!!! The formula is outstanding, I only needed 1 coat for opaqueness and I never only apply one coat, always two. It went on so smoothly, without any bubbles, streaks, or bald spots. Oh and the shine!!!! The shine is out of this world! It's a very classic bright red red. Not very blue-tones, not pink toned, nor orangey toned either, just a fabulous bright real authentic red. It reminds me a lot of a freshly made candy apple. Shiny candy apple red. Definitely one of my top 5 reds (and I own many of them).

on 5/29/2013 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A classic quintessential red. Jelly Apple has a lovely formula that practically applies itself, and a lovely deep, glassy shine that makes it more interesting to me than a regular creme or shimmer finish red. The red color is very flattering; since my skin is warm-toned, blue-toned reds look absolutely awful on me, and at first coat I was afraid this polish would be one of them, but at the 3-4 coats to opacity the blue-leaning tint of the polish disappears completely.

on 3/2/2013 7:52:00 AM

I love this color! It is the quintessential red..no coral or orange undertones, it is great against my skin color. I don't usually like reds without depth (think CG Ruby Pumps or OPI I'm not a Waitress)...but this is just so sexy and looks so great, I have to go with it!

on 10/25/2012 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the best reds, for sure! It's bright & cheery candy with a jelly/creme finish (crelly?). It's more red than one of my other favorites—Essie's Russian Roulette, which is just as bold but leans a little more orange if I remember correctly. The formula is excellent and smooth, with the first coat turning out pinkish & slightly sheer, and a second bringing out the luscious, glossy, opaque red. I could see it flattering any skin tone. Jelly Apple couldn't be a more perfect name. Mmm.

on 10/10/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the brand and color that Penn Jillette (Penn & Teller) wears on only one of his fingers. Pretty color. A soft pinky red, can be worn sheer or more opaque depending on how it's applied. Love that the name echoes the formula! Yum-jelly apples for Autumn!
Great polish.

on 1/27/2012 1:40:00 PM

Upping my rating because this is a shiny cherry red lovely classic color, great for travel. Only giving it 4 because it seems to chip/have tip wear pretty quickly. But maybe I didn't use a great base coat, I don't recall. (old portion: It is a nice juicy pinkish red, a soft cherry color. First coat is pink, 2d is more red but it isn't a pure red.)

on 8/10/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Jelly Apple is my current pedi color, and I love it! It's a bright red polish with a jelly finish, so it looks shiny and squishy. It's a tad redder than Essie Lollipop, which has a little more orange in it.

on 2/7/2010 3:52:00 AM

I have the mini size of this polish. The brush was small but perfectly sized. This is a bright medium red jelly. The formula is excellent, thin but not runny - one coat was sheer but very even, two coats was just right (I normally use 3 coats with polish, but this one didn't need it.) Also had a very fast dry time. :)

Popular Polishes