L'Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

3.2

Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 10.0. Other ingredients : Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Calcium Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Panthenol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 7/26/2016 9:29:00 AM

Amazing powder foundation that provides medium to full coverage and has a lovely colour range, does not get cakey and leaves skin matte and flawless!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love how easy this is to travel with. Although, the brush is a little scratchy, it's ok to use. The coverage is not bad for a mineral powder. Matches me fine. But it breaks me out!!! I'm not sure what ingredients in this that I'm allergic to. my clog pores are exacerbated when wearing this.

To Read all 198 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/11/2016 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I prefer this over Bare Minerals because the bare minerals makes my face itch and I'm between colors in their shade. Plus I think this doesn't look as dry on. I just prefer this. It really does make my skin less red; even on my no makeup days, my skin just looks better. It's much cheaper than Bare Minerals and I think it just looks natural and pretty on. I receive compliments when I use this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First I must say, I've used this product for the last two years. The finish is great. But only now am I realizing that this is most likely the cause of the scaly, rashy, bumpy reaction I'm having on my cheeks and the sides of my mouth. I used to use Physicians Formula mineral makeup (starting it again today in the hopes that it helps) but I switched to L'Oreal and I've recently made the connection in the timeline to the start of using this and the start of my cheek breakouts. The application is smooth, there is a fair amount of coverage, and there is a big color selection. However, when applied, there is a numbness, tingling, and sometimes even itching for me. Ingredients list a possibility of bismuth oxychloride, which I think I may allergic to. Also contains waxes. You get such a small amount and it's so expensive. The packaging is completely useless. I don't KNOW that this product formulation is the problem but I never had this issue until I switched to L'Oreal. Please just be careful if you choose to try this and absolutely stop using if you experience this.
EDIT: After using my Physician's Formula for a few weeks and exfoliating regularly, my waxy cheek breakouts are GONE and my overall skin tone is much smoother. I feel confident in saying I can blame L'Oreal for the skin issues I've had for the last two years. Avoid if you have sensitive/easily clogged pores.

on 4/13/2016 1:22:00 PM

I use this foundation with a dense stippling brush from Sonia kashuk and it gives me such GOOD coverage for a mineral foundation! a little goes a long way and it's great for every day because it doesn't break me out and I can do a light dusting for light coverage and layer on any areas that need more and it looks flawless when first applied, however this tends to make me look incredibly oily after a couple hours. not a big deal because I'm oily anyway so am used to touching up but for some reason this foundation seems to cause more oil faster. good every day foundation

on 4/2/2016 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Wow...how did I forget to review this!?!? I know this has an average review but I've been using it for...gosh I think maybe ten years or so...if that's possible. If not then however long it's been out because I bought it shortly after my mom did (I tried hers and liked it). She bought the whole line (blush, eyeshadow, bronzer) and I liked most it ok but the foundation is my absolute favorite from the loose mineral line and continues to be some of my favorite foundation in general. (I love the compact blushes as well.) It's not perfect, so why do I love it so much? A few reasons.

Some background:

For a long time I used it without a liquid, just maybe a concealer, or a stick foundation/concealer and this on top. My skin isn't really oily (but can be in the heat or when on certain perscriptions) but it is often dry/normal and I haven't found this to look terrible on it at all. Yes, when I had peeling skin or scabs it didn't look so pretty but practically nothing does then. Unfortunately, I have had adult acne for a long time and liquids tended to give me cysts so I stuck to these types of powder foundation. I later found out that the heavy silicones like cyclopentasiloxane and propylene glycol clogs me.

I find this foundation to be really nice in coverage. It's not patchy for the most part (except when concealer is uneven) and can feel light enough but still cover. It can be built up but it's not full coverage. I don't think any powder foundations are. If you like a super heavy made up look then yes, I'd avoid this as it would get cakey if you tried. BUT. I find the color matching is far superior to other brands, I'M LOOKING AT YOU, BARE MINERALS!! Bare minerals has some of the WORST shades, so unnatural. I have never found my match in Bare but I wear 3 different versions of this L'Oreal makeup. (N3, W1-2, and W3 in the summer. W1-2 is probably my favorite.) I bought the N1-2 first but it was too light. That actually helped me realize I wasn't the super lightest shade and that I have a slightly warm undertone. But I find the shades much more natural and easy to match than the more expensive Bare, and less cakey looking too. As far as price, I often get this on sale anyway and it does last a surprisingly long time. But I think it's great even at full price, honestly.

It dosn't matter too much for my review, but I finally found some liquids I could use and I still use this on top as a setting powder. I do prefer using a liquid which evens my whole face so I can see why people don't like this as a foundation alone (coverage, finish etc) but I still frequently use just this with concealer on some days and I still love how it looks.

This isn't bad for a mineral foundation. However if your skin is dry, I wouldn't use it or moisturize thoroughly before use. As far as using it under the eyes, go easy.
Personally, it did nothing for me but made my complexion look dull. It didn't give me the glowing look that I was looking for. Mature women should test this first as it can accentuate lines.
So who would I recommend this for? 16-35 oily skinned individuals would make a good match.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, visible pore...and this sets into the pores, and separates...Moves around on my face after a couple of hours. Maybe it's better suited for dry skin.

on 12/14/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my HG foundation. For the two weeks that I have been using it, I have received so many compliments on my skin. It gave me a glow that my skin has never had before. I used to have acne and have a few scars, but with the right primer and concealer, they were invisible.

I do have to touch up at least once or twice a day to control the shine, but it is a problem I always have with powder.

I adore this foundation, I really do, but I despise the packaging. What possessed L'Oreal to create the most messy and awkward bottle I will never know. I seem to get more powder on the floor rather than on my face and despite only wearing it for two weeks, I have used more than half of the bottle. The brush is also very scratchy.

So will I be buying again?? For the price - £14.99 from Boots - I seemed to waste a lot of it for everyday use. I may buy again now and again for special occasions, but until L'Oreal change the packaging, I will be continuing my search for the right foundation for me.

on 12/13/2015 7:38:00 PM

I bought this. First impression, "okay, it's a 'lil bit pricey but everything would be worthy as long the product is good". But NO for me and my sister. Both of us used this and broke out. My sister got little acne and I had couple zits on my face. I decided not to use it again.