L'Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation
True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

3.3

Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 10.0. Other ingredients : Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Calcium Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Panthenol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

on 1/6/2017 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm writing the review for "true match mineral foundation" in this link:

Highly recommend this foundation (I've used a lot, both higher end and drugstore).
Color: NC20-25 -> W1-2 for this

Pros:
1. Buildable coverage
2. Really nice satin finish, looks like your skin is glowing but not too much.
3. Staying power is good.
4. Not as drying as other powder foundations.

Cons:
Packaging is bad. I never used the brush that comes with it... but besides that, it's really good stuff, especially at this price.

great foundation, excellent shade range

on 10/30/2016 9:28:00 PM

I used to use this religiously back in my high school days but after recently buying it, it's not the same. Has the formula changed? Something is different.

True Match has a good variety of colours, I feel like there would be something that matches everyone. It is a a bit drying so I would defiantly not put this on without primer & a light liquid foundation underneath. I would say this is a full coverage powder. It gives a really nice flawless finish and can really enhance the skin.

The brush & bottle thing is really inconvenient. Why have they still not changed this? Product goes everywhere. Brush feels cheap and painful and goes yucky after about 5 uses. So damn annoying. Also the price is pretty hefty but it does last awhile.

I will probably finish this bottle but not repurchase. A bit too expensive for my liking and it's not as good as it once was.

on 10/22/2016 3:06:00 PM

I think I wrote a review for this about 7 years ago right after it came out, and I am STILL using it. Don't get me wrong, I buy base makeup when something new catches my eye, but I always come back to this. Pros are it can make your skin look almost flawless, buildable and doesn't cake up into my laugh lines, but the reason I switch off is obviously the packaging, the junk brush that comes with it, and you need 5 minutes to apply this correctly. It's worth the effort, but Loreal needs to make a package that's more user-friendly and just ditch the brush or give us a better one.

on 9/18/2016 11:22:00 PM

I've been using this over my liquid foundation for over 10 years. I prime, luquid, let it dry...then use this and it gives me a great matte finish. Its highly bendable however the brush it comes with is basically junk. Like others have stated it scratchy and if you like to CLEAN your brushes, this one dries out even worse after cleansing it. So don't bother. I use it with my bare minerals kabuki brush and I love it. I do notice after about 6 hours I look a little greasy in my T zone (My skin is on the dry side too) But I just blot it off. The makeup barely transfers when I blot. The color range is amazing. I usually skip this product if I have a scab or a dry area bc it tends to accentuate those areas as most powders would anyways. Its a little on the pricey side for that brand in my opinion but it lasts forever bc a little goes a LONG way. I just despise the packaging. it's nice that they want to give you a brush, just wish it was a better one. I would repurchase this again.

This was the only foundation I used for 5 years when I was a complete foundation novice. It carried me through my student years when I was covered in constant hyperpigmentation and acne. It was quick and convenient to use and I probably used several different shades, not knowing any better that it didn't simply match my neck. It gave full coverage and the product would last and last. I never needed a separate concealer. Long story short, my skin eventually cleared, so I wonder if it was because I kept using this. As my life style was quite busy, I never had time to over think about my make-up, it was literally extremely quick to apply. I think I would just use this on my cheek areas and then a separate compact powder for my nose and forehead. 6 years later, my skin is kinda whack again. I've stopped using L'Oreal Mineral Foundation years ago, due to it bringing back weird memories. Been more concerned about foundations that look more skin like - but I'm wondering if I should go back to this product?? Just so it can be my temporary fix.

Actually, I remember now why I wouldn't go back to this, it can make small pimples and craters look more noticeable, maybe because of the powdery matte look. I'm sticking to liquids.

on 7/26/2016 9:29:00 AM

Amazing powder foundation that provides medium to full coverage and has a lovely colour range, does not get cakey and leaves skin matte and flawless!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love how easy this is to travel with. Although, the brush is a little scratchy, it's ok to use. The coverage is not bad for a mineral powder. Matches me fine. But it breaks me out!!! I'm not sure what ingredients in this that I'm allergic to. my clog pores are exacerbated when wearing this.

on 6/11/2016 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I prefer this over Bare Minerals because the bare minerals makes my face itch and I'm between colors in their shade. Plus I think this doesn't look as dry on. I just prefer this. It really does make my skin less red; even on my no makeup days, my skin just looks better. It's much cheaper than Bare Minerals and I think it just looks natural and pretty on. I receive compliments when I use this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First I must say, I've used this product for the last two years. The finish is great. But only now am I realizing that this is most likely the cause of the scaly, rashy, bumpy reaction I'm having on my cheeks and the sides of my mouth. I used to use Physicians Formula mineral makeup (starting it again today in the hopes that it helps) but I switched to L'Oreal and I've recently made the connection in the timeline to the start of using this and the start of my cheek breakouts. The application is smooth, there is a fair amount of coverage, and there is a big color selection. However, when applied, there is a numbness, tingling, and sometimes even itching for me. Ingredients list a possibility of bismuth oxychloride, which I think I may allergic to. Also contains waxes. You get such a small amount and it's so expensive. The packaging is completely useless. I don't KNOW that this product formulation is the problem but I never had this issue until I switched to L'Oreal. Please just be careful if you choose to try this and absolutely stop using if you experience this.
EDIT: After using my Physician's Formula for a few weeks and exfoliating regularly, my waxy cheek breakouts are GONE and my overall skin tone is much smoother. I feel confident in saying I can blame L'Oreal for the skin issues I've had for the last two years. Avoid if you have sensitive/easily clogged pores.