Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25

Clinique Sheer City Block SPF 25
No TitleSheer City Block SPF 25

3.7

Ingredients: Active: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%), Zinc Oxide (6.9%), Other: Water, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Steareth-2, Stearyl Heptanoate, Aluminum Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Tristearate, Linoleic Acid, Polyquaternium-51, Caprylyl Methicone, Sorbitol, Sodium Rna, Phospholipids, Peg-40 Stearate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phytantriol, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cellulose, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Stearyl Dimethicone, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Pantethine, Bisabolol, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Ceteth-2, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Steareth-20, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium Stearate, Nylon-12, Citric Acid, Nylon-6, Hexylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Bht, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/7/2017 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first used this product, I loved it. It's a tinted mineral sunscreen that is hydrating and easy to blend. Unfortunately, it contains silicones, which make me break out. After a few days of using this, I had tiny white bumps all over my forehead. If you're not sensitive to silicones, you might want to give this a try. It's a good product. It's just not for me.

on 6/17/2017 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Love the concept of mineral sunscreen with a tint so there's no white cast. But this is drying to my skin even if I wear moisturizer underneath. I can only use it on my T-zone and only in the summer. I also hate the cap - I wish it was a flip-cap because the twist-off doesn't like to twist on, and should be wider so the tube could stand up easier.

on 7/3/2015 11:10:00 PM

I have a really hard time with sunscreens as they always broke me out when I tried to use them on my face. I was hoping this could be a wonderful non-chemical sunscreen that wouldn't break me out. I picked up a tube after all the reviews saying it didn't break people out. But breakouts are very individual, and I found that through repeated attempts/testing that this broke me out. I have very oily, very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts. This product goes on like a tinted moisturizer, which was fine with me. But I noticed some new breakouts after the 2nd time I wore it, so I started testing it by putting it on only certain sections of my face each day -- only on left side, only on right side, only on forehead (which never breaks out) -- and I found that I always had a new spot on the side of the face wearing the product by the end of the day. i didn't test it on my chin because I often break out there regardless of what I do there, including preventative stuff! Now I'm trying to finish it up by using it around my eyes (eyelids and undereyes) before it expires. So far, it is not breaking me out around my eyes. Two other sunscreens I have found to not break me out that I'm currently using are: Amore Pacific Natural Protector spf30 and Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream for face/body spf 40 water resistant.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this, but have to be careful what I layer under it otherwise it can look too greasy. It is not heavy or thick or chalky like traditional sunscreens. It feels siliconey, but I've found that if I use an Oil free moisturiser (even one that also contains silicones) I'm good. Anything oily/ heavier and it all starts to slide around by midday. I bought this because I wanted something a little lighter (and cheaper) for days that I'm just indoors. My everyday spf is the EltaMD UV Clear SPF 46 with zinc oxide, but it's £30 for 50mls and I seem to get through it so quickly. The Clinique retails for £15 where I am (for 40mls) so I thought I would give it ago. I like the tint but it is very very sheer, and evens out the slight redness across my nose and cheeks at most. If you have acne marks or pigmented areas and want to cover them you will need something heavier. I don't wear liquid foundation so haven't tried to apply over the top of this, but mineral powder foundation works fine. It hasn't broken me out so far, so I will likely repurchase.

on 5/1/2017 1:41:00 AM

I have dry sensitive skin and only use mineral sunblocks. i bought this last year. The product has 7.3% titanium dioxide and 6.9% zinc oxide.

At first the product looked very oily and seperated. However, after a few vigorous shaking the consistancy became quite chunky. The product is oily free and turns quite matt on my dry skin. Therefore, I use this as the finishing product on top of other 20% zinc sunblock products. Most of the zinc sunblocks are very oily and leave white cast on your face, so when i combine this it gives me nice skin colour with sheer glow and less oily finish.

I would love to use this product by itself as it has good colour and nice finished texture, but the spf is just not high enough for Australia. If you have some good zinc sunblocks, this product is great for finishing product, while adding extra color and protection.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent sunscreen, does feel a little think upon application, however doesn't appear oily on my face. But after a couple of hours, my face started to turn oily, so this sunscreen is definitely not for anyone who have oily skin. Other than that, this sunscreen is tinted and leaves a natural finish, and in my opinion would be best for anyone who have dry or normal skin.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

Been wearing this daily for a couple of years now at least. Non-irritating moisturizer with decent enough sunscreen for where I live (Pacific Northwest). Wears well under makeup. My only complaint is that it is somewhat too shiny for my already oily/combo skin. Nevertheless, I keep buying it because it works, wears well, and does not irritate my skin.

on 6/5/2015 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I suffer with oily acne prone skin. After having a bad reaction to my sanctuary spa peptide cream with spf 20 that I had been using for over a year I ended up spending a fortune on face creams that contained a spf of 20 or above. I tried about 10 different creams that were oil free and for acne prone skin some were 50!! Nothing seemed to work. I didn't get allergic reactions however they were still far too greasy and caused some huge spots that took weeks to clear up. I decided to try clinique city block sheer in spf 25 as I had used a clinique moisturiser many years ago and didn't remember having any issues with it. After using this for a few days my spots cleared and I had no reaction what so ever. A month later and I'm still using this and will continue to do so. On the slightly negative side I find if I use too much my face is left feeling greasy and my clinique almost powder foundation doesn't last as long. This does have a tint to it but as I'm fair skinned this really isn't an issue. The tint is nowhere near enough to cover my very uneven skin tone (brown patches and red thread veins) but for someone with better skin than me they may find this enough coverage without having to use a powder or foundation.
All in all this suits my skin very well.

It's hard to give a product that I used to love such a low rating. :( However, I do believe that the formula has changed over the years. Now, the product is really greasy. I remember wearing this before I had dry skin, and I never had a problem with oiliness throughout the day. Now, my face looks super shiny even with a thin layer. The tint is kind of unflattering. . .a yellowy-beige color that I think would better suit lighter olive complexions. By midday, it leaves my face looking pretty gaunt. It also pills with heavier application, and you can forget about applying powder over it. The packaging is sleek and lightweight, but it's very difficult to get the last few applications out of the tube. I bought this for $18 at Sephora, but I wouldn't repurchase it. Not unless they're willing to bring the old formula back! I will finish the tube by applying it to my arms and legs. I actually like using it for this, since it gives a nice, glow-y look. But on my face?Forget it! My new favorite sunscreen combination is the Clinique moisture surge combined with Neutrogena's fluid sunscreen in SPF 50.

on 3/10/2015 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I use this product daily as a moisturiser and have done for 8-9 months now. It has a mattifying effect that lasts, helps somewhat with dry patches or flaky skin and leaves my skin feeling wonderfully soft. I even think it's had a modest impact on my spots (which I think could be from the zinc content). It's got a tint to it, but this doesn't show up at all on my skin (not sure what it would look like on those with dark or even very light coloured skin) but rather leaves my skin looking even.

Despite what the clinique sales reps might tell you, this product has moisturising ingredients in it, and will be work just fine as a regular moisturiser for everyone apart from those with very dry skin types. I don't need anything else on my combination skin.

All in all, a very good but not perfect product, mainly because it's a bit pricey and the product can be 'separated' when you first open it (but this only lasts for the first few applications and/or until you've given it a vigorous shake!). But I have bought two tubes, and plan to buy another - unless of course I come across another broad spectrum physical sunscreen + moisturiser that's cheaper!