4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

I am actually reviewing two Lumiere kabuki brushes: one from the prebuy sale of 2007 and one from the prebuy sale in early 2009. The two kabuki brushes are very different. The kabuki from the prebuy sale of 2007: This is my favorite brush. It applies foundation perfectly. The bristles are uber dense and packed, yet in the two years that I have owned it, it has lost about 5 bristles. I bought it for like $8, which is ideal for my college student budget. BTW, it's total length is approximately 2 3/4 inches and bristles are approximately 1 1/2 inches. The kabuki from the prebuy earlier this year was a huge disappointment! The day I got it, it lost at least 5 bristles! And the bristles are longer than my original kabuki and definitely nowhere near as dense as my original kabuki. I'm just glad I didn't pay a whole lot for it. To be positive though, it is useful for dusting off excess eyeshadow that falls on my cheeks and dusting a layer of finishing powder. Honestly, I'm reluctant to order another kabuki from Lumiere for fear of being sadly disappointed. I know on the new prebuy sale the kabuki is listed with the same measurements as my first kabuki though.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBlack

11 years ago

It seems I always get into buying products before they start getting overhyped lol (with everyday minerals, coastal scents etc) which is good cos I think the prices have increased loll Anyway...I bought this at the start of 2007 sometime and it's awesome SUPER soft, dense and applies like a freakin dream <3 It's really small though, but great quality, so much better than the brush set I got from coastal scents in the same period.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Other

HairBlack

11 years ago

I was really surprised (although I probably shouldn't have been) at what a difference this brush made applying my mineral foundation. It's super velvety, just <i>incredibly</i> soft, and lays down & blends a beautiful layer of makeup. The down side and the only thing I'm not happy about is that mine sheds. A LOT. I'm pretty disappointed about that, since I assume each of the brushes was inspected prior to sending them out -- I can totally accept that sometimes in a run of thousands of brushes you have a few that aren't up to spec. But I wouldn't think you would <i> send those out</i>, you know? I guess the only thing to do is wait and see if the shedding stops -- I really do like the brush otherwise and the price was certainly right. EDIT: At the advice I got, I contacted Kim about the shedding and she immediately and cheerfully told me to send it back to she could replace it, so that's been resolved! EDIT 2012: I've been using this brush for 3 years now? Wow. It's still holding up beautifully with no shedding and gives my powder a velvety finish like no other. Still loving it.

About reviewer (282 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

11 years ago

I bought this kabuki brush from their pre sale activity. It's cheap as they directly order from their manufacturer. This brush does it job very well and can blend the mineral makeup so well, that ur pores, blemish can be conceal almost perfectly.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

Helps to apply a light covering of loose powder. Quite a dense brush, soft bristles and does have enough give to blend out the powder. Find it has difficulty reaching small areas. This brush hasn't shed on me yet but the Lumiere Long Handled Kabuki has. Has a lovely soft feel on the face. think it's a good starter kabuki due to the price.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

12 years ago

This brush is nice but it is not as good as the Everyday Mineral long handle kabuki brush. I bought it recently but find that i have only used it once(while i was waiting for my everyday mineral brushes to dry after i had washed them)

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

12 years ago

This brush is not bad. It does the job I want it to -- applying my MMU. But it has problems. The hair on my buki is uneven -- it is not a smooth rounded dome shape, which actually does make some difference in terms of product application. It's also synthetic, which means that the fibres have a little more "give" than animal hairs which are more springy and thus do a somewhat better job of applying evenly. It's also a royal pain in the butt to clean. Last, the lumiere buki is a little too floppy for my taste. If the hairs were shorter and set closer to the base of the brush, the brush would be less squishy/malleable -- again, better for MMU. The good part is that the fibres are unbelievably soft, much softer than any natural brushes I've tried. It's never shed, not even once. And given how inexpensive the Lumiere kabuki is compared to other kabuki brushes on the market, I'd say it's worth the money. While it's not perfect, it does the job I want it to so I'd buy it again.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

12 years ago

This brush is amazing, it’s so so soft. I've never seen such a quality brush at such a low price. Mineral makeup is still a new thing to me and this brush makes it so easy for me to apply. I also bought one for my sister and she uses it to apply her MAC pressed powder foundation - she was very impressed with how it made her face look and feel! The brush is a little too big to use around my eye area so I use the Baby Buki which I’ve found to be better for concentrating on blemishes and eye area. Next on my list is the Lumiere Buffer Brush (waiting for it to be available again) and another Original Kabuki :)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrown

12 years ago

Ok I own 3 of these little babies. I rotate them because they take so damn long to dry! They are beautifully plush and soft and distribute my MM (lumiere flawless face) exceptionally. I also own the retractable kabuki and that it excellent also. I definatly will repurchase it my other ones die, but I don't see that happening any time soon. It's my little make-up work horse, and it totally delivers!

About reviewer (234 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

12 years ago

Had no clue what a difference using a highly reviewed kabuki would make in my application of MMU. (Thanks MUA!) Not only does my MMU look a whole lot better; it feels indulgent and soothing to apply it. I would certainly order another for travel or as a replacement. Incredibly soft and dense -- makes application a dream. Was formerly using BE brush which I felt was scratchy/itchy, left hairs on my face from day 1, and absorbed a lot of the powder without depositing it on my skin. I'm thinking Lumiere's blush brush should be my next stop.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age25-29