Scott Barnes Diamond Dust

4.9

on 10/19/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I stumbled upon SB on you-tube, I enjoyed watching SB at work, cool calm & collective & the way he waved the brush indicates a master at work.
I was curious to find out his product is still available @ strawberrynet, & thanks to the previous reviewers I didn't buy this in vain.
This is a great powder, the best I've ever used, better than CdP loose powder. To use this over liquid fdn, it is completely undetectable, even on my dry skin.

This powder gives a subtle, the slightest glow (definitely not shimmer) to it to counteract the chalk/dry look that most loose powder did to me, in such case I have to spray it with Fix+ to counteract.
On my NC 35 skin, this adds no colour, what a wonderful product.

on 1/26/2010 12:08:00 AM

I have not come across one negative review about this product and now I know why. This powder is incredible!! I brush a small amount across my entire face (a little goes a long way). It gives a beautiful glow. The J-Lo glow! I don't look like a disco ball like the MAC powders tend to do and it sets my foundation nicely making my foundation last longer throughout the day. By the way I have oily skin. This powder provides a non-greasy glow. My partner said to me "it's like a matte glow". I will definitely be stocking up on more. Is it discontinued??

on 4/22/2007 2:11:00 PM

The first truly natural, glowy (in a not obvious way) highlighter I've found. It brightens the skin but doesn't just sit there looking obvious. Better than any powder or liquid highlighter I've found! Maybe not good for an overall setting powder, except for evening, but it complements the SB foundation beautifully. Took off one lippie for lack of versatility, but I'm so glad I own it and would repurchase.

on 5/18/2008 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a very natural looking, finely milled, flesh colored shimmer powder that you could wear from daytime into evening. I would highly recommend this, especially to achieve a subtle glow without looking OTT or like you work in a glitter factory :) Someone said they could use it as a bronzer but I am NW 15 and don't notice any 'bronzing' effect, so I wouldn't buy this and expect a true bronzer. Rop for pics.

Closed...

Open...
continued >>

I adore this powder its def an HG for me! i use it on the inner corners of my eye and to highlight my cheek bones,even on my collar bone as well..its jsut great quality

on 10/30/2009 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy hole in a donut Batman, this stuff is AWESOME!
I got a 2 pack for about $22NZD (overseas, Scott Barnes isn't available here) and it is SO great.
The powder is packaged in a screw top jar with a plastic sifter under the lid, which I have to admit, isn't my favourite.. I tried peeling back just half the sticky bit to stop too much powder coming through but it didn't work. As long as you store this flat and are careful and don't tap the bottom too hard, you shouldn't end up with an oversupply of product. I apply with a big soft powder brush, it goes on an ever so faintly yellow based beige colour with *very* fine shimmer, it's hardly noticeable to the naked eye but boy, do you look radiant!
Normally I would mark it down for being cumbersome (I much prefer pressed powder) but I love it so much it deserves the whole 5.
LOVELY.

The most beautiful shimmer powder on the market, I think. It's finely milled, and the shimmer is subtle - not disco-ball shiny. I like dusting this on, sparingly, after I've finished all the color on my face. It just finishes the look and lends a gorgeous, candlelit effect.

on 5/31/2006 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a love/hate with the diamond dust. First, it was impossible to find. I ended up emailing the SB CS and they found me the last available one at Marshall Fields in NYC. That was really sweet of them. For my face, I can only use a teeny bit. I mean swirl a miniscule amount on a fluffy brush and tap furiously to get the rest off. Too much and I am all pores and wrinkles. My favorite place for this is my body. I use it daily on my neck and chest and all over my upper body when I go out. It is a bronzing powder and gives your skin such a brown glow. I must admit as hard as it is to get the application right on my face, when I do I look amazing. Just be careful if you're going to be outside a lot as it is pretty sparkly and can look very false. If you can find this, pick it up!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is so gorgeous!! It is very subtle (no teenage glitter chunks with this) & applies with ease. It is finely milled & goes on very sheer, leaving just the slightest "diamond dust" glow. This can be worn during the day without looking overdone & definitely at night for that candle lit glow. One word of advice- when you open the container, don't peel back the entire plastic covering. Lift up about 1/3 of the plastic & cut it, only leaving a few holes open. A ton of product comes through those openings & it's WAY to much at a time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG powder! It makes my skin so flawless and glowing. It's a light beige powder that can be used as a light bronzer (especially on lighter skins). Some days I just use this along with my Cle de Peau concealer and I'm out the door-- no foundation needed. The only problem is the packaging.... too much comes out sometimes, but that's like that with most loose powders. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out though, because this has become an everyday staple for me. Scott is the best when it comes to glowing skin, trust me! :)