Maybelline New York Superstay Lipcolor in Mauve

No Image

4.7

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I've been using this for a long time but I thought I should give this lippie its due. Every time I get my teeth cleaned the hygienist compliments me on this lip color and admires how it doesn't come off, even after noodling around my mouth for a half hour or more. Last time she actually stopped to write it down. I've been finding this only on ebay or amazon, so I'm guessing it's discontinued, but I love it. It's a deeper ylbb for me, and I don't always like super shiny glosses (I'm looking at you MAC pro longwear!) and appreciate the balm on the other end.

on 10/28/2010 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best color for me of all the shades in the Superstay collection. Not too bright or too dark -- just perfect. Staying power is the best of all the other brands I have tried. Love the top coat too. Not sticky or gross, just moisturizing and shiny. Hope they don't discontinue this color!!!

on 11/25/2009 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this colour based on all of the high reviews here, but on me, this particular shade just didn't work. It came out looking kind of dark, and more like a dull, muddy shade that just did not flatter my colouring (light-medium asian skin with yellow undertones). I tried to like this, but I just couldn't seem to make this work on me, because surprisingly, the predominant colour that this came across as was brown! Even though I could see the nice pearlescent mauvey shimmers in the tube, these really didn't show up much, and it just seemed to have an overall brownish cast to it. I may have to try mixing this with something else, because I do really like the superstay lipcolors -- they reliably stay put all day. I think this might be a good color to mix with other lipsticks colours which may be a tad too bright.

The other two superstay colours that I have are Coral and Spice -- my favourite is Coral (a nice pinky/coral shade), and Spice which looks a lot like my natural lip colour and is good for a nude lip look.

I love love love this color! I have fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. It matches perfectly without looking like Im trying too hard. It stays on all day without looking cakey or drying out my lips. I have purchased multiple times and will continue to!

This is my all-time favorite lip shade. It's a natural deep pink/plum with a slight hint of brown/taupe when applied. The slightest shimmer, so it looks beautiful. It deepens my natural lip-colour perfectly, and can be applied sheer or built up for deeper colour. I apply and rub in with my baby finger and barely have to wait for it to dry before applying the balm. The balm doesn't really have to be applied over and over, my lips feel good all day. And it stays on ALL day!! I've bought this multiple times and simply have not found another shade that is as perfect as this. It's my go-to shade for morning, evening, weekends...perfect!

GREAT PRODUCT!!!! Love, love, love these Maybelline Superstay lipsticks....simply the BEST!!

Another 5 lippies for this HG MLLB! It's the best of its kind I've found anywhere and the shade is perfect. Will repurchase until they discontinue, and then I'll cry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG MLBB long lasting lipcolor. The balm-like topcoat is wonderful, and the base color does not peel, roll, or have that latex like taste. The color is a perfect cool-nude-beige.

I love, love, love this lippie. The Superstay lipsticks are the best longwearing lipstick I've tried (and I've tried a few). Smooth, slightly sheer colour, buildable, refillable balm, convenient packaging. Mauve is a lovely brownish-plum MLBB shade just slightly darker than my own lip colour. It has a hint of pearl that's just enough to keep it from looking dull -- not frosty at all. Love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful YLBB shade for fair-skinned lasses! I have ivory skin with yellow undertones and auburn hair, and I think this color is exceptionally natural-looking. True to its name, it has mauve rather than tan or brown tones. I would call it a true neutral, neither cool nor warm. It's that elusive shade that really does look like the flesh of the lips kicked up just a notch for emphasis. There is a slight pink iridescence to this shade, it is somewhere between a cream and a perle. It's by far my fave Superstay color.