Milani Velvet Lips Creamy Lipcolor in Plush 201

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 7/29/2008 10:54:00 AM

This lipstick was a total surprise! I didn't have high hopes for it since it was from Milani (which I consider to be a very low end brand with dubious quality, even though their eyeshadows are great). But when I applied it I was extremely happy with both the texture and staying power. Plush looks like a dark rose pink in the tube, but it went on my lips a lot lighter. I do find the color to be a little too dark for every day wear, but if I apply only a sheer layer it looks very pretty. It does have shimmer, but it is very subtle and I think it is this what gives it a "velvet" look. I have extremely dry cracked lips which often don't even soften using lip balm, but this lipstick made my lips so soft within a couple of minutes. The color lasted really well, and didn't leave my lips parched when it was gone. It isn't shimmery or shiny, more like a demi matte color. It really made my lips look plumped up, and looked (and felt) a lot more expensive than it actually was. The packaging is nice, the outer color matched to the lipstick color, and feels quite heavy to hold. I am so happy with this range that I have already bought another color! continued >>

Love love love this color!! Feels great, smells great, and glides on. Has decent staying power. Looks even better with a sheer gloss applied over top. Will def. buy again!!

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

I love this formula more than any of the other Milani lipsticks; these slide onto your lips like butta! To me, they feel like Revlon's Colorstay lipsticks when on (silicone? glycerine?) and last almost as long. The shimmer is subtle and very velvety; the scent makes me think of jellybeans. Plush is a pretty, rosey YLBB shade. The case is color-matched like Bourjois lipsticks, but this case is the only thing I dislike. It's all metal, which means they'll look like hell after a few trips and scratches in my makeup bag. While the cap is indeed snug fitting and feels very secure, there's no secure "click" to keep it in place. But the price is great for such a wonderful lipstick, and I will be purchasing more shades.