Maybelline Luscious Sorbet Expertwear Eye Shadow Quad

2.3

on 7/26/2009 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not a fan of this quad either. The colors are too sheer, unpigmented, and fade rather quickly. The brow highlighter is too white for my complexion, the brown looks like pale mud smudges once applied, and the peaches barely show up. As much as I love peaches, this compact hasn't been used in many moons and will soon be trashed.

on 1/19/2009 5:35:00 PM

ditto to all the other comments. so bad, please don't buy it.

on 11/12/2007 10:45:00 PM

What was I thinking? Cool undertone girls like me should never ever try peachy tones. Too orange for me. And the brown/gold shade is too glittery, which left my cheeks full with little shimmery gold particles. It is not too pigmented, so it kind of works out for me when paired with baby pink shadow. I really tried to make this work, for a summer look, but I guess I'm just going to give it away.

on 1/17/2009 10:28:00 PM

I got this on sale--suckered again. The shadows have no pigment and show up chalky on me. All glitter and no color. I'm asian, but not dark at all as it's winter now. The color is so nice and subtle in the pot, but alas.

on 7/2/2008 12:09:00 PM

Bought this along with the Peachy Keen nail polish.

I didn't know about the colors but when I got home and applied it, I changed my mind very quicky. I never apply more than one shadow on my lids, so these colors on their own work and look wonderfully.

Does not crease and for a quad by a big market brand, is dirt cheap.

Another great product by Maybelline.

on 12/29/2008 5:25:00 PM

The colors look really nice in the pots but it takes a lot to get the same color on my eyes. There's not a lot of pigment and when I pick it up with my brush it comes off really light on my skin. It works better when I put it on my finger to skin, but I wouldn't buy it again.

It just gives me a pretty peachy glow on my eyelids. I am very pale so maybe that's why these shades work for me. The only shade that's kind of a dud is the one in the left bottom corner, the bronzy highlighter. It goes on more like clear sparkle. Other than that, I love this quad.

EDIT 2/22/09: After switching to Bobbi Brown and Stila, I am no longer impressed with this product. Meh.